The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Ok I'll call you when my car breaks down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Beware of the El Shabir.
Ok I'll call you when my car breaks down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im confused.

do you watch Jersey Shore or nah?
Original post by swirly
you mean vac schemes?

No not yet with that. Legal work experience to boost CV when it comes to the time to look for a Training contract etc.
Original post by swirly
Im confused.

do you watch Jersey Shore or nah?

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swirly
Im confused.

FK thinks Mechanical Engineering is becoming a mechanic who works in a garage.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
No not yet with that. Legal work experience to boost CV when it comes to the time to look for a Training contract etc.

do you have contacts?

a lot of firms will be unwilling to accommodate you when they cant get anything from you.

those that do provide, its generally very low level work, that you would do for example in year 10 work experience.

best to get involved with your Law Society, mooting and pro bono opportunities tbh (in lieu of such low level work)

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Just realise tbh that I feel absolutely no interest at all in the law job but it's a job (a ****ty business support analyst job at that). I really hope (and pray) that I get the Ernst and Young grad scheme role.
****ing mac wont charge and all i want to do is watch some malcolm in the ****ing middle:mad:
Reply 9069
The next time I watch a Nicki Minaj video I want a revolver to the brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll have my cock in my hand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swirly
do you have contacts?

a lot of firms will be unwilling to accommodate you when they cant get anything from you.

those that do provide, its generally very low level work, that you would do for example in year 10 work experience.

best to get involved with your Law Society, mooting and pro bono opportunities tbh (in lieu of such low level work)

Spoiler

What degree did you do swirly?
Original post by jam277
What degree did you do swirly?

What do you need advice on?

I have an approximate knowledge on everything.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Yes, I am anticipating a standing offer and how it will buy me some time to 'think' about how to move forward.

Tom. Just to say good luck man. Two of my housemates have interviews this week, one at E&Y, another at Deloitte. Seems to be interview season.

You applied for Audit?
finally finished christmas shopping :biggrin:

119 presents.. crazy number..

Glad to get it done, as maybe I can watch the football this weekend now..
Original post by Eboracum
Tom. Just to say good luck man. Two of my housemates have interviews this week, one at E&Y, another at Deloitte. Seems to be interview season.

You applied for Audit?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3029149

Yeah, going for Audit. Will write more of my thoughts in a moment.
Basically, if it is a job that does not lead anywhere which interests me, then my motivation for it is very low. That is what I basically say in my thread in relation to the law job I am having an interview for. A Big Four/Bulge Bracket graduate scheme is very important to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tom_Ford
Basically, if it is a job that does not lead anywhere which interests me, then my motivation for it is very low. That is what I basically say in my thread in relation to the law job I am having an interview for. A Big Four/Bulge Bracket graduate scheme is very important to me.

I've replied on your thread.

Basically take it for now and wait a year if you have to, a lower paid job is better than no job. Also stepping stones as well.
Just had a night out with my granddad man, what an absolute ****ing legend. 84 years old and matched me pint for pint and also said to a bunch of German tourists on a stag do who were wearing pirate fancy dress, in flawless German, ''when I was a lad krauts used to wear camouflage combat gear and carry lugers, these days you can barely stand up but I bet you can still run back to Germany at the same speed'' :laugh:

Driving him back to London tomorrow to spend Xmas with the famalam, unreal guy
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
I've replied on your thread.

Basically take it for now and wait a year if you have to, a lower paid job is better than no job. Also stepping stones as well.

Thanks Jambo, I agree.
Original post by Zürich
Just had a night out with my granddad man, what an absolute ****ing legend. 84 years old and matched me pint for pint and also said to a bunch of German tourists on a stag do who were wearing pirate fancy dress, in flawless German, ''when I was a lad krauts used to wear camouflage combat gear and carry lugers, these days you can barely stand up but I bet you can still run back to Germany at the same speed'' :laugh:

Driving him back to London tomorrow to spend Xmas with the famalam, unreal guy

Loool that's jokes.

Guy hates Germans cos of the war right init? Your granddad sounds like a boss.

Latest