The Student Room Group

ALL wars are bankers' wars.

Thought this might be interesting to some.
I doubt it will be taught as part of the curriculum though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfEBupAeo4#t=15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The Curriculum is not designed to teach the nuances of history but merely an official history sanctified by the powers that be. The sooner people realise this the better, and no I am not making an inflammatory comment.
Reply 2
Original post by Martyn*
The Curriculum is not designed to teach the nuances of history but merely an official history sanctified by the powers that be. The sooner people realise this the better, and no I am not making an inflammatory comment.

I agree, history is presented as a collection of facts by the State to perpetuate its own power. Some of it is true though.
Reply 3
Original post by tupac yo
I agree, history is presented as a collection of facts by the State to perpetuate its own power. Some of it is true though.

A surface reading of history doesn't give us the full picture of what exactly happened. It is like reading a history book on the Roman Empire for 10-16 year olds.
Original post by nixy49
Thought this might be interesting to some.
I doubt it will be taught as part of the curriculum though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfEBupAeo4#t=15

Probably not as the curriculum doesn't really promote tin foil hat conspiracies.
Reply 5
Original post by MatureStudent36
Probably not as the curriculum doesn't really promote tin foil hat conspiracies.

Fair enough. So, which parts of the video are untrue?

I guess this is also untrue.

Is the debt future generations must pay a conspiracy?...... actually it could be conspiracy..... if they realise they DON''T, morally, have to pay THIS fraudulent debt.

http://www.webofdebt.com/articles/lincoln_and_paulson.php
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nixy49
Fair enough. So, which parts of the video are untrue?

I guess this is also untrue.

Is the debt future generations must pay a conspiracy?...... actually it could be conspiracy..... if they realise they DON''T, morally, have to pay THIS fraudulent debt.

http://www.webofdebt.com/articles/lincoln_and_paulson.php

So are you saying people should default on debts?
Reply 7
So are you saying people should default on debts?

Of course. Why should they repay that which was created from thin air?
Reply 8
If you think wars are purely economic you're heavily mistaken, there is no black and white to history and the materialist conception is an outdated approach, particularly to medieval / early modern history.
Original post by nixy49
Of course. Why should they repay that which was created from thin air?

Because they chose to borrow the money in the first place
Reply 10
Original post by SatansChosnPpl
More like all wars are Jewish wars.WW2 why do you think Britain entered this war?Why do you think we entered the war in Iraq?Tony Blair was successful because he was backed by the Jewish establishmentTo hell with anyone who defends these evil people they use us to fight in their wars at the same time they're destroying us from within.

Nothing like some antisemitism on a Monday evening.
More like all wars are Jewish wars.WW2 why do you think Britain entered this war?Why do you think we entered the war in Iraq?Tony Blair was successful because he was backed by the Jewish establishmentTo hell with anyone who defends these evil people they use us to fight in their wars at the same time they're destroying us from within.

Do you wear a tin foil hat!
oh for **** sake.
Reply 13
Because they chose to borrow the money in the first place

They were extended credit. The credit is money for only as long as there are enough mug tax payers to underwrite the risk...... which is why we have a nice big debt for future generations to sort......or even current generations.
Original post by nixy49
They were extended credit. The credit is money for only as long as there are enough mug tax payers to underwrite the risk...... which is why we have a nice big debt for future generations to sort......or even current generations.

Or alternatively governments can stop borrowing money to buy votes.
Reply 15

Don't really subscribe to the religious nonsense TBH..... just see good decent people who honour their debts, and other bad people who prey on the decent folk's good nature by getting them to agree to repay a non existent debt.
Reply 16
not really thought much about this have you?

Wars are wars and shock horror they are financed by banks. Would you rather they be financed by insane taxes so that you can change the thread to 'ALL wars are Taxpayers' wars.'
Reply 17
Or alternatively governments can stop borrowing creating money to buy votes.

Starting to see the light?
Original post by nixy49
Starting to see the light?

Not at all. Fractional reserve banking has been around for centuries.

I know its hard for you. Economics can be a confusing subject to understand, but it's really not that hard.
Reply 19
Original post by 105263
not really thought much about this have you?

Wars are wars and shock horror they are financed by banks. Would you rather they be financed by insane honest taxes so that you can change the thread to 'ALL wars are Taxpayers' wars.'

Yes.
Perhaps if people were asked to make a contribution to a war effort directly (war bonds?) they would at least have choice.... don't know if that's important or not.

Quick Reply