The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
My fantasy situation is TSR League: Need Graham to score less than 19 points than Forte (Outside, (potentially) in the pissing down rain, and on current form, I like my chances.) In the other league I've already won!!!!

Third time lucky...what a week for half my team not to turn up.

At least I have Thomas in my other league, so almost certainly winning there.
Original post by ..DT..
Projected 1-12 finish 8. Draft grade C. Rofl. If I finish 1-12 I'll resign from fantasy.

Just remembered about this following the draft, made me laugh.

Looked back at some of my pre-season bold predictions. I'm ashamed.
Original post by ..DT..
Just remembered about this following the draft, made me laugh.

Looked back at some of my pre-season bold predictions. I'm ashamed.

I just pulled mine:

Bold: Rodgers beats Manning's passing yards record but doesn't beat the touchdowns total FAIL
Bolder: The Cowboys finish #32 in overall standing despite Tony Romo throwing for over 4000 yards BEYOND FAIL
Boldest: Cincinnati Bengals end up in the Superbowl STILL HOPE

Bortles in by Week 8 WIN and a 6-10 record ABJECT FAILURE with a win against the Cowboys at Wembley in week 10 for me to cheer about. NOPE Jonathan Cyprien to make the Pro Bowl NO JAGS IN THE PRO BOWL and the defense to be top 10 in sacks from T31 last year IN A 4 WAY TIE FOR 6TH SO STILL WINNING
(edited 9 years ago)
1. Jay Cutler leads the Chicago Bears to NFC north title with 12 wins, throwing a 3:1 TD ratio, 4500 yards and 25 TDs. LOL

2. The Bills win one game. They're awful, like absolutely stinking. They're picking at #1 next year and EJ Manuel won't be starting by game 17 Well I got the bit about EJ right. This could have been so right, but ah well. .

3. The Only NFC team with a losing record from last season that finishes with a winning record (9 wins) is the Redskins. (out of 7 teams) So close. No NFC teams with losing records last year can finish with winning records.Just a shame I misplaced my faith in the skins.

4. Tampa bay start the season 8-0, and finish 8-8. 1-5 since half way. Almost got the 0-8 second half of season right. Redskins ruin it again.
Thought I'd compile the bold predictions here. A couple of great calls, and then lots that were bold for a reason.

..DT..

1. Jay Cutler leads the Chicago Bears to NFC north title with 12 wins, throwing a 3:1 TD ratio, 4500 yards and 25 TDs. - Bears are 5-8, Cutler is 26:15 and on pace for 4241 yards
2. The Bills win one game. They're awful, like absolutely stinking. They're picking at #1 next year and EJ Manuel won't be starting by game 17. - (Currently 8-6, but Manuel was correct)
3. The Only NFC team with a losing record from last season that finishes with a winning record (9 wins) is the Redskins. (out of 7 teams) - Only one looks like they will, but the Lions
4. Tampa bay start the season 8-0, and finish 8-8. - At least they're finishing badly...
Sherman will be suspended for more games than interceptions he makes. - "only" 3 picks
Montee Ball gonna be a top 3 running back this year, book it.

Wattsy

Bold: Rodgers beats Manning's passing yards record but doesn't beat the touchdowns total - Not after this week :angry: - on pace for 4385 yards
Bolder: The Cowboys finish #32 in overall standing despite Tony Romo throwing for over 4000 yards - Romo on pace for 3643 yards, but no-one expected Murray.
Boldest: Cincinnati Bengals end up in the Superbowl - Still not completely out of it!

cant_think_of_name

Ones judged not bold enough...
49ers don't make the playoffs. Cardinals do. - Nice!
Both AFC wildcards come from the North (thinking about it, that's not too bold, basically just me saying the Chargers aren't gonna make it lol) - Also looking good.
Percy Harvin stays healthy and this is his year.
Kelvin Benjamin takes OROY...
Bolder
Fiiine! I'll go with Eli throwing more INTs than Peyton throws TDs. - Apparently Eli only has 13 picks. That amazes me.
MJD takes Comeback Player of the Year - Oh dear.
Tebow is on a roster by the end of the year (I vote the Bills) - Better than Manziel.
Gerald McCoy takes DPOY and LeSean McCoy takes OPOY.. not that bold really but that would amuse me

munn

Russell Wilson wins MVP
Vikings win the NFC North - Maybe next year
Jacksonville earn a wildcard spot (IF AND ONLY IF Bortles starts 10+ games) - Unfortunately Bortles has no help.
Having had 3 teams in the NFC finish with 10+ wins last year, only one will finish with a winning record - Only 2, but NFC West still looks awesome.
Denver DON'T win the AFC West - Manning still lives!

shunter7634

Bengals achieve a first-round playoff bye, and are the only team out of the AFC North (wildcards are Chargers and a team from the AFC South). - Unlikely, unlikely, and the AFC South was a garbage call.
Lacy finishes with most rushing yards. Currently 9th. Only needs 400 yards each in the last two games and Murray to get injured. -
Redskins finish with the worst record in the NFC again. And RGIII starts fewer than 12 games. - Still a chance!
The NFC East wins 25 or fewer games between them. And given there are 12 inter-division games... - Currently at 27, guaranteed another 3 divisional wins. Who knew the Cowboys wouldn't suck??
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ..DT..
Brees and 15 points vs stills. This is the kind of messed up scenario that somehow ends up with me losing.

Well...I think you're safe to be honest...

Ugh. If the Bengals were actually consistent with the way they use Hill...every single time I've slotted him into the lineup...he's been rubbish, and every single time, I don't, he has a great fantasy performance. So infuriating....it's really not looking good....

Julio, Julio, where art thou? I needed his fantasy points >:frown:

At least I won in my other league, by my highest score of the season. I was rewarded handsomely with starting Romo and Dez, as well as Odell Beckham Jr. after their performances sunk me last week.
Here are some of the laughable predictions I had.

AFC
1. Denver
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore
5. Kansas City
6. San Diego.

AFC looks okay...for now...although only one out of KC and SD will make it with the other team coming from the AFC North. I didn't buy into Pittsburgh's revival...because...there was nothing to buy into in the off season.

Fun tidbit though....I had Jacksonville getting second place in the AFC-South, and almost on the verge of the playoffs (shudders)....is this why I'm punished in fantasy, Football Gods?? Is it?

NFC.
1. Arizona
2. Chicago ( I really overrated how good their retooled defense was, which....was a mistake. Cutler is...Cutler; but I thought the offense was good!!!)
3. Atlanta (oh....the NFC south was **supposed** to be good; Tampa was supposed to go at least 8-8. Quite controversial to suggest the Panthers would miss out, but there hasn't been a repeat champion)
4. Philadelphia
5. Green Bay (I feel like I've mocked the Discount Double Check)
6. New Orleans. (With the strides they made on defense, at least in theory, and the fact

When people were suggesting that Dallas had one of the worst squads of all time, and that they would go something like 2-14, I do remember saying that they would go at least 8-8, play the last game of the season, and fail, like they usually do.

Yes, I had Seattle, after winning a superbowl, and :San: Santa Clara missing the playoffs. I now see no way Seattle miss the playoffs. The only question, is what seed they will get.

In terms of the championship game, I did see a Green Bay @ Arizona NFCCG, and a New England @ Denver AFCCG...but it's likely that won't happen.

Le Video:
Original post by jammy4041
Well...I think you're safe to be honest...

Ugh. If the Bengals were actually consistent with the way they use Hill...every single time I've slotted him into the lineup...he's been rubbish, and every single time, I don't, he has a great fantasy performance. So infuriating....it's really not looking good....

Julio, Julio, where art thou? I needed his fantasy points >:frown:

At least I won in my other league, by my highest score of the season. I was rewarded handsomely with starting Romo and Dez, as well as Odell Beckham Jr. after their performances sunk me last week.

Never say never in fantasy. Bell and Beckham the last 3 weeks have been absolutely unreal.

Just looked back at the draft order. I don't think I've started anyone I picked up after my 6th pick (minus eagles kicker who has been quite a consistent force really) since about week 3 lol.
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Am I right in thinking it would have been a safety no matter the time, because Lacy recovered and then got downed in the end zone anyway?

Well they would have reviewed the spot to see if he managed to get out with forward progress, but I think you're right that they would have found he didn't get out.
Original post by ..DT..
Never say never in fantasy. Bell and Beckham the last 3 weeks have been absolutely unreal.

Just looked back at the draft order. I don't think I've started anyone I picked up after my 6th pick (minus eagles kicker who has been quite a consistent force really) since about week 3 lol.

Most of my starts have been pickups. It's not helped that injuries have robbed me of Marshall and Julio Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw (who was a pickup). Picking up the Ravens defense was a good idea though.
Da Bears were killed....never in it....Ray Lewis absolutely tore into Cutler on the ESPN coverage. Tore into him. No leadership, no heart, over paid and undermotivated.

Original post by ..DT..

Congrats, ..DT.., ...I guess Kenny Stills couldn't quite get me over that deficit in the end.

Now...who to trust in the lineup, for the 3rd place playoff??
Jay Cutler seriously stinks. That contract, my god...
Into the final of my league with friends (it's a two-week final).

Bills play Oakland this week so obviously will start their D for that, but Week 17 they're at New England.... no way am I risking my fantasy success on that! So my question is... Dolphins D vs. NYJ, Ravens D vs. Cleveland or Bills D @ New England for Week 17?

All are available in my league.

And then... Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco or Mark Sanchez at QB this week? Cutler @ Detroit, Flacco @ Houston or Sanchez vs. Washington?
Into the final of my league with friends (it's a two-week final).

Bills play Oakland this week so obviously will start their D for that, but Week 17 they're at New England.... no way am I risking my fantasy success on that! So my question is... Dolphins D vs. NYJ, Ravens D vs. Cleveland or Bills D @ New England for Week 17?

All are available in my league.

And then... Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco or Mark Sanchez at QB this week? Cutler @ Detroit, Flacco @ Houston or Sanchez vs. Washington?

Cut Cutler....that display of 'quarterbacking', if you could call it that...was just darn right pathetic. His mechanics are horrible....he's disinterested, he's going backwards in his career progression...his o-line is not playing for him, he takes the silliest sacks...he's just forcing it to Alshon Jeffrey into double coverage.....I'm just going to have to stop before I have an aneurysm or something...but seriously...get rid. Cutler is always boom and bust...but he's been bust since the Atlanta game.

If you have any Bears receivers, or TEs, be careful of starting them. Now. I'd be tempted to go with Joe Flacco personally, although, Sanchez is facing the Redskins. Can't go wrong with either of those two. Who else is available? If "Captain Checkdown" Kyle Orton is available, I'd be tempted to pick him up, for this week as well, considering 1. it is the Raiders and 2. it's a late game.

Don't think you can go wrong against either Geno or Johnny Football. Amazed the Ravens D are available tbh.
HERE JAY CUTLER. IT'S THE BROWN PAPER BAG OF SHAME. WEAR IT WELL...TRY NOT EMBARASS YOURSELF. (Oh...that was intercepted too...:frown: )

Original post by Malevolent
Jay Cutler seriously stinks. That contract, my god...

:dunce: I don't know what in the name of Ditka Chicago was thinking. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/jay-cutler/ The only way that they can get out of that before 2016, is to trade him. But the Bucs, Titans and Jets will fight it out for Mariota in the draft...and any of Mike Vick, Mike Glennon and Jake Locker would become available, and then if the Rams decide to move on from Sam Bradford, well, all of them would represent better, and more cost effective options. I don't know where his head is, but his heart isn't in Chicago, that's for sure. It may be because of another lost season, but he's holding the team back. The ability to retool that defense sure as heck isn't helped by his contract, that's for sure.

In comparison:

Peyton Manning (Quite good in the context of things...to get the best...he has to be paid...but since it's mostly base salary...but it could make it hard in terms of salary cap if he decides to recover, but at the very least, he's earned it and deserves the final payday, imho). http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning/

Tom Brady (Now that's what success and a long term commitment to excellent results in...that is a team friendly deal....As much as it pains me to say this.......Credit to the Patriots...they have a good front office and that's why they are contenders to go on deep playoff runs every single year. Every single year. Every...Single...Year.) http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/tom-brady/

Tony Romo (A lot will be due towards the end, although there is plenty of scope to restructure it...)http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/

Joe Flacco (the more I see it, it's not that bad, and seems to be highly incentivized and team friendly) http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco/

Matt Ryan (eh...seems a fair price, but it's on potential, and he needs to afford the surgery later, due to that terrible o-line)...http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco/
(edited 9 years ago)
Cut Cutler....that display of 'quarterbacking', if you could call it that...was just darn right pathetic. His mechanics are horrible....he's disinterested, he's going backwards in his career progression...his o-line is not playing for him, he takes the silliest sacks...he's just forcing it to Alshon Jeffrey into double coverage.....I'm just going to have to stop before I have an aneurysm or something...but seriously...get rid. Cutler is always boom and bust...but he's been bust since the Atlanta game.

If you have any Bears receivers, or TEs, be careful of starting them. Now. I'd be tempted to go with Joe Flacco personally, although, Sanchez is facing the Redskins. Can't go wrong with either of those two. Who else is available? If "Captain Checkdown" Kyle Orton is available, I'd be tempted to pick him up, for this week as well, considering 1. it is the Raiders and 2. it's a late game.

Yeah that was kind of what I was thinking. Luckily haven't got any Bears players around (traded Jeffery (+Lions D)) for Lynch a few weeks ago...

Original post by shunter7634
Don't think you can go wrong against either Geno or Johnny Football. Amazed the Ravens D are available tbh.

Well they're not technically, since they're on my team (took them to play the Jags last week... best decision ever)
Well they're not technically, since they're on my team (took them to play the Jags last week... best decision ever)

The Ravens D is the only reason I have posted semi-respectable scores in the TSR league. I have the Bills defense in my other team-based league...they are A++ options.
Another TSR final. .....

Don't think I could stomach another loss :frown:
HERE JAY CUTLER. IT'S THE BROWN PAPER BAG OF SHAME. WEAR IT WELL...TRY NOT EMBARASS YOURSELF. (Oh...that was intercepted too...:frown: )

:dunce: I don't know what in the name of Ditka Chicago was thinking. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/jay-cutler/ The only way that they can get out of that before 2016, is to trade him. But the Bucs, Titans and Jets will fight it out for Mariota in the draft...and any of Mike Vick, Mike Glennon and Jake Locker would become available, and then if the Rams decide to move on from Sam Bradford, well, all of them would represent better, and more cost effective options. I don't know where his head is, but his heart isn't in Chicago, that's for sure. It may be because of another lost season, but he's holding the team back. The ability to retool that defense sure as heck isn't helped by his contract, that's for sure.

In comparison:

Peyton Manning (Quite good in the context of things...to get the best...he has to be paid...but since it's mostly base salary...but it could make it hard in terms of salary cap if he decides to recover, but at the very least, he's earned it and deserves the final payday, imho). http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning/

Tom Brady (Now that's what success and a long term commitment to excellent results in...that is a team friendly deal....As much as it pains me to say this.......Credit to the Patriots...they have a good front office and that's why they are contenders to go on deep playoff runs every single year. Every single year. Every...Single...Year.) http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/tom-brady/

Tony Romo (A lot will be due towards the end, although there is plenty of scope to restructure it...)http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/

Joe Flacco (the more I see it, it's not that bad, and seems to be highly incentivized and team friendly) http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco/

Matt Ryan (eh...seems a fair price, but it's on potential, and he needs to afford the surgery later, due to that terrible o-line)...http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco/

Yeah Toms cap hit isn't high for a quarterback of his level but contrary to what people think Tom got paid big time. Gotta look at that guaranteed money haha

Cutler just looks shot. There's no excuse with the tools he has. He's got one of the top 5 WR duos in the league. A good tight end in Bennett, and probably the best receiving back in Forte yet he cannot get anything out of that?

A few players who got big contracts who I think really haven't lived up to it since getting the contract.

Latest