The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteelCookie
I plan to keep it as my insurance but seeing as A2 Further Maths is harder than I thought, looks like I mind end up there lol

QMUL is my Firm so far unless UCL give me an offer.

what exam board are you on for f maths? :biggrin: also whats your offer from manchester and for what course?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I plan to keep it as my insurance but seeing as A2 Further Maths is harder than I thought, looks like I mind end up there lol

QMUL is my Firm so far unless UCL give me an offer.

I too have an offer from QMUL, and I can't decide between the two. What made you decide to firm QMUL instead of Manchester? Apart from the higher entry requirements of course.
Original post by rachelc142
what exam board are you on for f maths? :biggrin: also whats your offer from manchester and for what course?

Edexcel FM, Unconditional for BEconSC (already got grades).

Original post by Mads_300
I too have an offer from QMUL, and I can't decide between the two. What made you decide to firm QMUL instead of Manchester? Apart from the higher entry requirements of course.

QMUL is in London and seeing as I intend to end up in finance (maybe IB), London is the ideal place. Also, I'd like to live in London in the future.

QMUL's Econ department has improved massively over the years too so it's likely that top firms will be recruiting from there.
Edexcel FM, Unconditional for BEconSC (already got grades).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats :smile: ooh which modules are you doing/finding hard? I did fp1 m1/2 last year and fp2 s2&d2 this year :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats :smile: ooh which modules are you doing/finding hard? I did fp1 m1/2 last year and fp2 s2&d2 this year :smile:

I'm doing FP1/2/3 and S2/3/4.

On FP2 right now and can't get my head around complex number transformations. I should have hired a tutor :x
I'm doing FP1/2/3 and S2/3/4.

On FP2 right now and can't get my head around complex number transformations. I should have hired a tutor :x

yeah I find FP2 very hard! I think the complex numbers chapter as a whole is very tricky/abstract tbh, I am enjoying differential equations so far and I didn't really mind polar co-ordinates but complex no.s and taylor/maclaurin series I feel like won't make complete sense to me until I've finished C4.
But don't worry man - its only december! and examsolutions guy is virtually a private tutor XD
Original post by Benjy15
I have an offer for engineering with foundation year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied for the same thing :smile: but it hasn't been long since I substituted one of my initial choices to Manchester. What were your predicted grades? :biggrin:
Still waiting for a response from them, only thing I've had so far is a acknowledgement email :/ hope I've not been rejected.
Original post by halima1
Hellooooooo! I've applied for two courses in Manchester; Accounting and Accounting and Finance. I was wondering if anyone else has applied for these and got offers? How long did they take to give you an offer and did/do you have to go to an interview? Thaaannkkssss 😊😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got an offer for Accounting and Finance yesterday, less than a week after I sent my UCAS off. they dont require interviews :smile: i'm an international student btw
If only I could get into Manchester, its in my top 2 Universities I wish I could get into apart from Oxford :lol:

I've noticed everyone course entry requirements on this thread are generally 'ABB-AAA', which fair enough is quite intellectually challenging to get but common UoM? A*A*A for Physics? Really? :bawling::bricks:
(edited 9 years ago)
I was wondering my grades in maths is poor as I only have a E grade and English I have a D but I've done business course btec level 3 subsidiary to a pass level and I was wondering which university would offer me a place

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm looking for any university's that take on since I have a poor portfolio meaning I got maths at a E grade and English at D grade and I've done business level 3 subsidiary !! Anything to do with business since I love business

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
If only I could get into Manchester, its in my top 2 Universities I wish I could get into apart from Oxford :lol:

I've noticed everyone course entry requirements on this thread are generally 'ABB-AAA', which fair enough is quite intellectually challenging to get but common UoM? A*A*A for Physics? Really? :bawling::bricks:

I know - makes me so sad knowing other people have offers for AAB and mine is A*A*A :frown: but its because their physics department is fantastic, argued to be the best in the country. I still feel happy I could achieve that otherwise I wouldn't have applied :smile: they say 40% of their first years got 3 A*s too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know - makes me so sad knowing other people have offers for AAB and mine is A*A*A :frown: but its because their physics department is fantastic, argued to be the best in the country. I still feel happy I could achieve that otherwise I wouldn't have applied :smile: they say 40% of their first years got 3 A*s too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the interview we were told that the offer will reflect our predicted grades, so there you go...
Original post by Manessis
At the interview we were told that the offer will reflect our predicted grades, so there you go...

A*A*A is a standard offer for phys at manc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah me too :smile: where dya wanna apply for accommodation? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines come up with 2015/16 today :biggrin: Richmond Park and Sheavyn House are my top two cant decide which to put first and then Oak house ... I really want to be self catered in fallowfields hah :smile: you? :smile:
Original post by Meli.Hardege
Mines come up with 2015/16 today :biggrin: Richmond Park and Sheavyn House are my top two cant decide which to put first and then Oak house ... I really want to be self catered in fallowfields hah :smile: you? :smile:

Ohh cool! Yeah I like oak house, I want self catered shared bathroom but not really fussed where I am although fallowfields sounds good :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh cool! Yeah I like oak house, I want self catered shared bathroom but not really fussed where I am although fallowfields sounds good :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd much rather have an ensuite thats why the other two are my preferred choice but im not massively fussed i just want to be somewhere lively which is self-catered and i also know quite alot of people who study in both Uni of and Man Met and they all suggested fallowfields so seems like a good choice :smile: what course have you applied for?
I'd much rather have an ensuite thats why the other two are my preferred choice but im not massively fussed i just want to be somewhere lively which is self-catered and i also know quite alot of people who study in both Uni of and Man Met and they all suggested fallowfields so seems like a good choice :smile: what course have you applied for?

Yeah a lot of people recommended it when I went too! Physics with study in Europe :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah a lot of people recommended it when I went too! Physics with study in Europe :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh same hah :smile: i really really hope i get the grades :') i'll be doing Law :smile:
yeh same hah :smile: i really really hope i get the grades :') i'll be doing Law :smile:

omg me too XD ooh nice!

Latest

Trending

Trending