The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
From what we've seen, the 8 week email isn't a guarantee that you'll receive a response within 8 weeks. That is, we have no idea what's gonna happen. You've just got to wait it out.

Ok thanks very much ! They're really taking their time hahaha
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
Yes. Last year the last batch before Christmas was the 18th (or at least I got mine then and Im pretty sure that was the lat)

Last working day is 23rd Dec and next working day is 5th January.

If it is good news, please send by 23rd and make it the best Christmas ever, but, if it is not good news, please do not send until January.
I've just received an email after the 8 week response one. They say it'll take another 4 weeks. Does it mean that I'm likely to get rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beginning to wish they didn't bother sending us "you'll hear in x weeks" emails if they're just going to keep topping up the waiting time..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmyZhang
I've just received an email after the 8 week response one. They say it'll take another 4 weeks. Does it mean that I'm likely to get rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No? Lol how did you come to that conclusion?? 🐵

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ooftar
No? Lol how did you come to that conclusion?? 🐵

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good. I thought they'd just say that because I'm not good enough for them but it is not time yet to reject it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My 8 weeks is up today and still no email. Should I be worried?
Original post by PeteMez
My 8 weeks is up today and still no email. Should I be worried?

Don't worry. I got an email on the 9th week, which was last Friday saying that they will need more time and the process may take up a further 4 weeks. They might send you that email within the week or so. :smile: best of luck. What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnaisRainx
Don't worry. I got an email on the 9th week, which was last Friday saying that they will need more time and the process may take up a further 4 weeks. They might send you that email within the week or so. :smile: best of luck. What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BSc straight Economics.

My AS grades weren't great, but my predictions are A*A*AA in Maths, Econ, Further maths and Physics and I think my PS was quite good. Have I passed the 'grade filter' yet? If not, I don't like my chances due to my AS's!
Reply 1649
I believe that if you've managed to receive the 8 week email you have already passed the initial "grade filter".

After that, their decision will be based on the strength of your application as a whole and how it compares to others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've sort of already written of LSE based on others grades on TSR.

AS Grades: AABB

Predictions: A*AA (95% UMS AS Maths)

GCSE: A*AAAAAAABB

Other qualifications: Distinction in BTEC Performing Arts, Merit in OCR IT, Pass in Equality and Diversity lol.

I'm just hoping each year they choose one commoner from Essex to mix with the foreigners to create a 'rags to riches' story :wink:
Anyone got an offer for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics? Anyone applied for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics?
Reply 1652
Original post by KATIEHIDDLESTON
Anyone got an offer for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics? Anyone applied for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics?

ME! i applied for Social Policy w Government on October 28. What about you?
Are there any BA Geography or BSc Environment&Development applicants?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by saysay
ME! i applied for Social Policy w Government on October 28. What about you?

Congra! I applied for Social Policy! When did you receive UR offer?:smile:
Reply 1655
Original post by KATIEHIDDLESTON
Congra! I applied for Social Policy! When did you receive UR offer?:smile:

oh no im sorry perhaps that was misleading i meant i applied, i havent received an offer yet.
spend my life sitting by my email waiting for a straight economics offer
My 8 weeks end today, but seeing other people's posts I'm not getting my hopes up.
Original post by athena1
My 8 weeks end today, but seeing other people's posts I'm not getting my hopes up.

I know how you feel.. Mine ends tomorrow.... 😱
Original post by kim1410
I know how you feel.. Mine ends tomorrow.... ������

What did you apply for? I applied for politics and IR. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending