The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by will2348
Don't see why you can't have a line about it on your CV or mention it and say something you learnt on your CL. I think what you'll find though is those conferences tend to be a bit repetitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think I should wait until the events have past to put it on my CV? I've just looked at the schedule and they both seem to be fairly different and talking about different aspects, so I'm hoping that they will both be a good insight, plus good opportunities to network with the speakers too.
Original post by MathsNerd1
What's everyone's opinions on conferences held at different universities? I've currently been granted a place at UCL and now York for their finance conferences and will no doubt gain a place at my own university too. Is there any way I could use these to show my interest in Finance? Or at least back up my other evidence for an interest in the finance industry?

I think it shows a lot of interest, when i went to the LSE Investment Banking Conference the speakers pointed out that attending these sorts of events are quite impressive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you think I should wait until the events have past to put it on my CV? I've just looked at the schedule and they both seem to be fairly different and talking about different aspects, so I'm hoping that they will both be a good insight, plus good opportunities to network with the speakers too.

Nah, just throw it on now and say when it is and that you have a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi guys, again im stuck on some logical questions. Hopefully this helps others as well? Don't really know who else to ask, think the second one is A? 4

The first one is baffling tho?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by siddyt1234
hi guys, again im stuck on some logical questions. Hopefully this helps others as well? Don't really know who else to ask, think the second one is A? 4

The first one is baffling tho?

I want to say the first is C
DB Markets offer :biggrin:
Original post by siddyt1234
I think it shows a lot of interest, when i went to the LSE Investment Banking Conference the speakers pointed out that attending these sorts of events are quite impressive.

I wish I applied soon enough for the LSE one, i won't miss out on the one next year though.
Original post by will2348
Nah, just throw it on now and say when it is and that you have a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So should I do the same with the things I'm doing this summer?
Original post by President M.E.

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Thanks man! I applied for IBD but it was full so they put me in markets

Still that's pretty impressive seeing as they only take around 7 people! Will you be trying to convert it or not as I'm guessing you wanted to go into the IBD division

Congrats, you legend.

Congrats, I'd almost definitely say take it and just get to know hr very well (they hold a lot of sway with DB recruitment) and express and interest in being out on a desk like ECM (which is closer to IBD). Sending an email early on asking for that won't hurt at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2632

Wow, I thought they'd filled both markets and IBD. Congrats man!

Thats proper bro congrats
Original post by Anonynous
Congrats, you legend.

Thanks bro just got a call aswell from CS, an offer from them too, so spring sorted time to actually do some uni work. Good luck with your other apps too! :smile:
Still that's pretty impressive seeing as they only take around 7 people! Will you be trying to convert it or not as I'm guessing you wanted to go into the IBD division

I will try to convert then go from there who knows I might like it
Thanks bro just got a call aswell from CS, an offer from them too, so spring sorted time to actually do some uni work. Good luck with your other apps too! :smile:

Very impressive! Have you checked that they don't overlap? Congrats again man! :biggrin:
Original post by Aenigma
Congrats, I'd almost definitely say take it and just get to know hr very well (they hold a lot of sway with DB recruitment) and express and interest in being out on a desk like ECM (which is closer to IBD). Sending an email early on asking for that won't hurt at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that's probably what I'm going to try and do
Very impressive! Have you checked that they don't overlap? Congrats again man! :biggrin:

Thanks haha yeah CS have two weeks 23rd March and 13th April
Thanks, that's probably what I'm going to try and do

Yeah, when you accept the offer just ask then
There are also various networking events, just target IBD people and IBD HR, there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending