The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by President M.E.
Thanks haha yeah CS have two weeks 23rd March and 13th April

Ah very nice, don't suppose I could send you a PM?
Thanks bro just got a call aswell from CS, an offer from them too, so spring sorted time to actually do some uni work. Good luck with your other apps too! :smile:

Thanks, very well done!
Original post by MathsNerd1

So should I do the same with the things I'm doing this summer?

Yeah, or mention it on your CL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2643
Thanks bro just got a call aswell from CS, an offer from them too, so spring sorted time to actually do some uni work. Good luck with your other apps too! :smile:

Congrats! When did you have your interview?
Original post by will2348
Yeah, or mention it on your CL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'll make sure to do that.
Original post by anyap
Congrats! When did you have your interview?

Thanks, last week on Tuesday
Hi guys, a quick question about HSBC. Once I have submitted my application, is the numerical invite automatic/instant, or is the application screened first? Thank you and best of luck with your applications.
Original post by sneakylegend
Hi guys, a quick question about HSBC. Once I have submitted my application, is the numerical invite automatic/instant, or is the application screened first? Thank you and best of luck with your applications.

Screened first.
Thanks man! I applied for IBD but it was full so they put me in markets

you beast! so they weren't lying about ibd being full? that's cool I guess, well done bro, I just saw you got cs as well! youre done haha, nice one
Original post by mikiu15
With everyone on here getting MS interviews I have realised that I didn't receive an email confirming I have passed the numerical. Am I the only one or do they not contact you until an interview offer?

I didn't get a conformation either...
But apparently some people did.
I e-mailed them but they did answer to the question:/
Reply 2650
Original post by dringi95

I did not get a confirmation neither!
I contacted them and they said they had received my APP and was under review and not to worry. But then a week ago I logged into the website and my application showed the button "submit" so I clicked submit and was like "submitted" so i freaked out and email the HR people again and they told me they already had my app?

IDK tbh their website is so bad.
Original post by welcometoib
you beast! so they weren't lying about ibd being full? that's cool I guess, well done bro, I just saw you got cs as well! youre done haha, nice one

Haha yeah it wasn't a conspiracy. You had a CS interview right?
Guys a questions. For these competency questions, do you have to come as close to the world limit as possible? (i.e if world limit is 350 words, do you have to do like 300+?) those with offers/interviews who have got passed this stage, what's your advice? thanks :smile:

Monk.
Original post by DavidMonk
Guys a questions. For these competency questions, do you have to come as close to the world limit as possible? (i.e if world limit is 350 words, do you have to do like 300+?) those with offers/interviews who have got passed this stage, what's your advice? thanks :smile:

Monk.

I hit within two words of the limit each time. I imagine it wouldn't kill an otherwise strong application but my best advice is that if the rest of your application isn't particularly strong you should aim to get as much as possible into these. Good luck!
Original post by DavidMonk

Monk.

You'd be silly not to utilise the space tbh. I've always gone right up to the limit. Within around 5% of the maximum.
Original post by dringi95

Original post by blix2
I did not get a confirmation neither!
I contacted them and they said they had received my APP and was under review and not to worry. But then a week ago I logged into the website and my application showed the button "submit" so I clicked submit and was like "submitted" so i freaked out and email the HR people again and they told me they already had my app?

IDK tbh their website is so bad.

You don't get confirmations that you've passed the test. They will email you if you've been invited to an interview directly.
Original post by Anonynous
You'd be silly not to utilise the space tbh. I've always gone right up to the limit. Within around 5% of the maximum.

Although surely one could argue that if you can communicate your answer concisely, in fewer words than the limit, HR may pay more attention as they're less likely to get bored reading it?

I've heard from multiple people working in IB and consultancy now that the best cover letters are often less than 300 words for this exact reason.
Original post by Bloxorus
Although surely one could argue that if you can communicate your answer concisely, in fewer words than the limit, HR may pay more attention as they're less likely to get bored reading it?

I've heard from multiple people working in IB and consultancy now that the best cover letters are often less than 300 words for this exact reason.

Take your on take on it. I've always gone right up to the limit, as that's what I've been advised. My cover letters are 600~ words but probably because whenever I make a point or suggest a skill, I ensure I expand deeply enough to justify my statement.
Haha yeah it wasn't a conspiracy. You had a CS interview right?

na, its been months, given up on cs now
Nomura offer! But it is two weeks(paid) and it overlaps with my BoAML. What would you guys suggest? Should I e-mail BoAML and ask to move it to summer, and also does anyone know those bank's conversion rates? Also, should I keep doing the interviews or it is a waste of time? Oh god, I am stressed now.

Latest

Trending

Trending