The Student Room Group

A2 History Coursework

Currently just started doing the coursework on the Stuart period between 1603-1714 however I am absolutely clueless how to go about answering my question which is 'To what extent did the strength of the stuart kingship depend on crown revenue in the years 1603-1714'. Any help with this would be brilliant. Thanks
Reply 1
Which Exam board are you?
Reply 2
Original post by lewvans
Currently just started doing the coursework on the Stuart period between 1603-1714 however I am absolutely clueless how to go about answering my question which is 'To what extent did the strength of the stuart kingship depend on crown revenue in the years 1603-1714'. Any help with this would be brilliant. Thanks

I'm doing the same thing in History now!

Maybe you can talk about the revenue left after Elizabeth I that James I of England inherited, and he spent money terribly (wasted a lot of it) and you could mention that, because that brought about the sense of 'absolutism' that the English monarch could do whatever he wanted, which planted the seeds for a revolution to take place.

Other factors:
Religion was a MAJOR FACTOR
Cromwellian government - His terrible government essentially brought about the restoration of our monarchy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending