The Student Room Group

Mens perfume recommendations?

Can anyone recommend some men's perfume?
One for everyday use to wear to uni and one to wear on nights out etc.
Budget is around £45 .. Although I would prefer some good, cheap ones priced at around £20 - £25 so I could get 2-3, though not necessary.

Thanks for any recommendations! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Davidoff - Cool Water. Simple, smells amazing, not too expensive :smile: also pretty ageless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
What for? What do you like? What is your budget?

There is no simple answer to this question.
Reply 3
Diesel- only the brave. Sooo good
Reply 4
Original post by Wilfred Little
What for? What do you like? What is your budget?

There is no simple answer to this question.

2 recommendations, one for everyday use and one for occasions such as nights out etc. Budget is around £45. I'll edit the post accordingly :smile:
Original post by lifescomplexity
Davidoff - Blue Water. Simple, smells amazing, not too expensive :smile: also pretty ageless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you mean 'Cool Water'?

But ditto, it's awesome.
Creed Aventus (when it's warmer)
Yves St Lauren La Nuit de l'homme (Night)
Chanel Allure homme sport (generally day)

my 3 favourites but try them before buying.

nvm didn't see budget.

Try going thierry mugler. Pure cuir and havane.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blyts-_
2 recommendations, one for everyday use and one for occasions such as nights out etc. Budget is around £45. I'll edit the post accordingly :smile:

£45 for both or each? I'm assuming both.

Everyday:

Joop Nightflight
Mugler Cologne
Boss Bottled
CK Be

Those are safe choices which you should be able to pick up for £20 or around that in 100ml bottles if you shop around (get the EdT not the aftershave btw). Burberry do a lot of good stuff you can get for cheap (London/Brit/Touch) but they are more suited to winter/autumn so not all year round. If you can stretch your budget a bit more then I would say get L'Easu D'Issey (maybe about £30 for 75ml).

For nights out definitely look at Versace Dreamer,.

Joop Homme, One Million & Le Male and those 'party' type scents will all work as well as they are quite strong and popular, but Dreamer will be more unique and is imo a lot better than those anyway, and cheaper as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
No not really - purfume taste is really personal. I am not meaning to sound ungrateful and it is nice to try new things but I'd play safe and get them what they already wear. Besides I don't get the testers in shops, you can't smell it anyway over the other fumes!
Reply 11
Original post by Wilfred Little
Of those, Le Male.

Are you buying off amazon?

Yep.. Usually much cheaper than the RRP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blyts-_
Yep.. Usually much cheaper than the RRP

AllBeauty
FragranceDirect

^ Bookmark those, both legit.
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I think you mean 'Cool Water'?

But ditto, it's awesome.

Haha yes I do! It's been a looongg day... :s-smilie: have changed it now thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hugo Boss Red smells really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hugo Boss: Night.
jean paul gaultier le male
valentino uomo
Was going to start a new thread for recommendations but found this so may as well continue here.

A few particular ones I like:

Azzaro Pour Homme - this is IMO the most masculine smelling fragrance out there. It is awesome, and not overly expensive. This is my go-to job interview fragrance or if I have to do something important at work where I have to feel like a boss, it just surrounds you with an aura of confidence and presence and it just smells great. I think this is the best route in to classic masculines for a younger man, it is very different from what you might be used to with One Million, Le Male, Acqua Di Gio, Boss Bottled etc but it is more refined than the traditional "powerhouse" masculines.

Caron Pour Un Homme - this kind of a more sophisticated upmarket version of Le Male, it's basically a lavender fragrance but it is done brilliantly, it smells very calming and pleasant and I sometimes like to spray this at night before going to bed. Makes you feel very in control and cool. If you like Le Male as a "clubbing" scent then CPUH is more the refined gentleman version.

Mugler Cologne - clean and citrusy, this is my no.1 favourite summer fragrance and I wear it quite often in other seasons too. It's quite underrated but really versatile, I wear it a lot for the office and this does attract a lot of compliments. Lasts for ages and I love the smell of it hanging round on my worn t shirts.

Creed Aventus - ok this one is hyped on the internet as some kind of magic love potion but it is based on reality, it really smells great. If you hear a girl going on about some guy that smelled sooooo good, ask "was it like smoky pineapple?"....yep, its Aventus. The down side of this is it is expensive especially for students to afford, and the smaller (£95) bottles don't seem to be available as much now so you're looking at spending £170 or whatever - its a lot.

Creed Green Irish Tweed - A brilliant office scent, you can smell that this is a refined and interesting fragrance, downside is similar price point to Aventus and there are other fragrances out there that smell similar (Cool Water, Aspen) for much cheaper. GIT is better than them but if you are on a budget it may be a bit steep.

Kouros - simply the most sexual fragrance there is. It's very difficult to describe if you don't recognise it but its basically like a mixture of light perfume mixed with spunky testosterone aura, it is uber masculine and very suggestive. But it's really hard to wear right and goes to overkill very quickly because its very strong. I use one full spray to the stomach and let the scent just work its way out on its own and you just get the raunchy hints of it in stages, two sprays is pushing it, if you do three or more it just smells wrong.

Old Spice Whitewater - IMO the best value for money fragrance there is, seriously this is right up with the best of the 'fresh/acquatic' fragrances and it costs just a few quid, if you can't find it in a store just buy some online. Honestly every time I have recommended this to a friend they have said the same thing, it's incredible for its price point. I personally love Old Spice Original as well but Whitewater is a more modern and mainstream scent.

Davidoff Cool Water - this is fantastic value for money, yes its popular but its one of the safest bets out there for making yourself smell clean, fresh and vibrant

Beckham Instinct - like Mugler Cologne it's underrated and a great safe bet for all situations that does attract compliments, people turn their noses up at it because its Beckham but IMO top class
Original post by Blyts-_
Can anyone recommend some men's perfume?
One for everyday use to wear to uni and one to wear on nights out etc.
Budget is around £45 .. Although I would prefer some good, cheap ones priced at around £20 - £25 so I could get 2-3, though not necessary.

Thanks for any recommendations! :smile:

Diesel: only the brave, From a girls perspective its extremely attractive. Its only around £44.99 on amazon?
paco rebanne 1 million is also extremely nice! still around the £40's but its worth it!
Hope this helps x
Chanel ( can't remember it's name but it's a plain black bottle) it's around £40 and is amazing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending