The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ailsab96
From what I have heard, I think they send them out in batches before each interview date, so that everyone has the same amount of notice and time to prepare. So far I have only heard of people getting an interview invite for the beginning of January, so I presume this is what they are doing...

Thanks! Was getting worried as I haven't heard yet! :smile:
Original post by 0802
Any idea how long it takes for Surrey to get back if you have asked for your interview date to be changed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything was sorted for me on the day I emailed them asking to change.
Original post by laurensmiley97
Thanks! Was getting worried as I haven't heard yet! :smile:

Don't worry - me neither! Hence why I did some research ahahaha.
Reply 4503
Original post by wanttobevet
I came home today hoping, but nothing in the post... So i am trying to work out what part of my application they don't like... Applied twice now and nothing from notts either year following the wex and sat. But, there are fewer posts by those with interviews so i will keep hoping for another day or two. But I do think that I am not going to get a chance at my favourite choice :-(

Nottingham dont give feedback so there is no way of knowing how to improve if you dont get an interview (fortunately didnt need to reapply)
Who can possibly know how the SJT went? As it says its subjective
Fortunately the schools are completely different in their selection criteria so other schools may like your application more
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Hey, I was there too. I felt I got off to a good start but a couple of the stations really threw me and now I have a lot of doubts :s-smilie:

Also, what is that little square thing that was in our goodie bags?! I went back to college after my interview (physics yaaaay) and my friends thought it was some sort of fancy sticker? I have no clue :lol:

Somebody at my interview said that it was a screen wiper for phones? I'm just keeping mine in its packet as a memento

Original post by Sennokazeni
Somebody at my interview said that it was a screen wiper for phones? I'm just keeping mine in its packet as a memento

I'm using it as a bookmark :tongue: A screen wiper would be wasted on me *looks anxiously at the giant cracks down my phone's screen*. Besides, isn't that what sleeves are for? :lol:
Reply 4506
Anybody know if the whole touring campus thing at RVC interview is compulsory? I have deadlines and I've seen it enough times before!
Not sure if they are just trying to be nice and helpful or if its a required part of the interview process
Don't worry - me neither! Hence why I did some research ahahaha.

It's a relief haha :P where else have you applied? :smile:
Original post by SJS11
Anybody know if the whole touring campus thing at RVC interview is compulsory? I have deadlines and I've seen it enough times before!
Not sure if they are just trying to be nice and helpful or if its a required part of the interview process

The order of the day is:

Welcome speech
MMI, tour or group task
MMI, tour or group task
Student Union speech
MMI, tour or group task

There are three main groups, and each one does the activities in a different order. I guess if you're in the group that does the tour last (AA I think) they'll let you leave early if you have to, otherwise it might be a bit tricky. It's not a part of the interview process (as far as I know! :lol: Maybe they were secretly talking notes on how we walked + whether we held doors open for other people, but I doubt it :wink: ), but the way the day is structured would make it hard to skip.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4509
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
The order of the day is:

Welcome speech
MMI, tour or group task
MMI, tour or group task
Student Union speech
MMI, tour or group task

There are three main groups, and each one does the activities in a different order. I guess if you're in the group that does the tour last (AA I think) they'll let you leave early if you have to, otherwise it might be a bit tricky. It's not a part of the interview process (as far as I know! :lol: Maybe they were secretly talking notes on how we walked + whether we held doors open for other people, but I doubt it :wink: ), but the way the day is structured would make it hard to skip.

Cheers thats really helpful, I didn't realise it was so integrated into the whole process. Guess I will just be up late Thursday night finishing my riveting essay!

Extra yay, a speech from the student union.
Original post by laurensmiley97
It's a relief haha :P where else have you applied? :smile:

Bristol, Nottingham and Edinburgh :smile: Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Nottingham aswell... but I have an interview at Bristol, so I am happy! :wink:
What about you?
Those who have had RVC interviews, is it worth doing much preparation or does it not really help?
Just got an interview from surrey, anyone else got an interview on the 18th of March :smile:
Bristol, Nottingham and Edinburgh :smile: Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Nottingham aswell... but I have an interview at Bristol, so I am happy! :wink:
What about you?

Ah nice! I've applied to Bristol, Nottingham and Cambridge as well, not heard from Nottingham either but I had an interview at Cambridge yesterday and an interview at Bristol in November! When's yours? :smile:
Original post by whateven
Those who have had RVC interviews, is it worth doing much preparation or does it not really help?

Sorry to be boring but details of the test and process beyond what was given in the invitation are not public and those who have already attended have been reminded of their obligations to keep the process confidential.
I got the best 18th birthday present this Saturday, AN INTERVIEW FROM NOTTINGHAM yay, i already have an interview at Glasgow on the 27th Jan and waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Bristol. interview at nottingham on the 11th Feb and really did get my birthday off tp a good start when i opened the letter :P
Hi. I've got an interview at Surrey too for 18th - well excited...Well done to you too.
Surrey rejection:frown:((( I guess the interviews they've recently been going out where the last days as they were in march. Can I email them asking why or is that only possible post interview stage? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harrii_walker
I haven't heard from Nottingham or Surrey now, but have got an interview for RVC and Bristol. Heard that Surrey and Nottingham only do one round of interviews and they've both gone out, surely this means that I've got 2 rejections?

No, it doesn't! For one thing, with Notts, there's been far less people sending out happy messages saying they've had interviews on here (and on the Facebook group) than there were last year, suggesting that they're either interviewing less or that not all of the invitations have arrived yet - last year someone didn't recieve theirs until Christmas eve despite it being sent out around this time. Also, even if you didn't make it into this batch, there's always a chance that you'll be on the waitlist and will be called in Jan/Feb time. Don't worry, and keep hoping!
Original post by D of T
Nottingham dont give feedback so there is no way of knowing how to improve if you dont get an interview (fortunately didnt need to reapply)
Who can possibly know how the SJT went? As it says its subjective
Fortunately the schools are completely different in their selection criteria so other schools may like your application more

Nottingham does it weirdly - I looked over their whole admissions statement policy last night and they don't assess on either personal statement or predicted grades: initally, it's just down to the SJT and the work experience questionnaires which we did, which is a remarkably strange way to do it. None of the other schools do it in this way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending