Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Guys! I officially firmed Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by rachelc142
I know - makes me so sad knowing other people have offers for AAB and mine is A*A*A :frown: but its because their physics department is fantastic, argued to be the best in the country. I still feel happy I could achieve that otherwise I wouldn't have applied :smile: they say 40% of their first years got 3 A*s too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck, hopefully you'll get it. :tongue:
Original post by Coffeetime

Posted from TSR Mobile

You received an offer from all your universities??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Good luck, hopefully you'll get it. :tongue:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How exciting! I'm doing this later :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1065
Original post by Schrode
Math HL - 6
Physics HL - 5
Film HL - 6
Geography SL - 5
English L&L SL - 6
Spanish AB - 7
TOK - B
EE - A

Very frustrated about geography and film as those could have been a 6, respectively a 7, but the reasons for which they aren't are just silly.

I applied to

Manchester
Bristol
Edinburgh
Liverpool
Bath

How about you? :smile:

Haahhaah my work this year killed my predicted grades,

Math HL- 4 (yes this is why foundation year) cuz of abad teacher
Physics HL- 5
Chem HL-6
English SL- 6
Economics SL-7
Arabic SL-6
TOK-B
EE-B (should be A)
Just got an offer for Management (Marketing)!
Sent off my application earlier today.
Applied to Foundation Science/Engineering Integrated Degree (Physics pathway), anyone else applied to science foundation courses here at Manchester? :smile:
Anyone know if they have Applicant Visit Days, I cant seem to find anything on their website
Original post by OmarZ
Haahhaah my work this year killed my predicted grades,

Math HL- 4 (yes this is why foundation year) cuz of abad teacher
Physics HL- 5
Chem HL-6
English SL- 6
Economics SL-7
Arabic SL-6
TOK-B
EE-B (should be A)

I wish you the best of luck with math because as you know it's a b****. I wouldn't be where I am now if it I wasn't tutored in math.
Where else have you applied? :smile:
Original post by PearJosh
Anyone know if they have Applicant Visit Days, I cant seem to find anything on their website

I think you get invited to Visit Days via letter. I got a letter from the Uni inviting me to a visit day in February :smile:
Interview for Computer Science at Manchester!! Anyone have some cheap travel options from London to University of Manchester? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!!!
Original post by Teh Smart One
Interview for Computer Science at Manchester!! Anyone have some cheap travel options from London to University of Manchester? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!!!

Megabus is cheap especially if you book in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aquatix96
I think you get invited to Visit Days via letter. I got a letter from the Uni inviting me to a visit day in February :smile:

How long did it take for you to get the letter? Is there a website that you go on to register for the visit day
Original post by PearJosh
How long did it take for you to get the letter? Is there a website that you go on to register for the visit day

I received the letter about a month after I received my offer ( I received my offer in October)
I don't think there is a website, but I'll find out and confirm it.
Reply 1075
Original post by Schrode
I wish you the best of luck with math because as you know it's a b****. I wouldn't be where I am now if it I wasn't tutored in math.
Where else have you applied? :smile:

Quite safe choices, manchester x2, liverpool, sheffield with foundation, and leicester. this uni sh*t is a huge pain
Original post by OmarZ
Quite safe choices, manchester x2, liverpool, sheffield with foundation, and leicester. this uni sh*t is a huge pain

Couldn't say it any better. Have you heard back from any of the other ones or are we in the same waiting bowl? I applied to Liverpool as well so I'd like to know how long they take or anything that could make me more optimistic xD
Original post by Teh Smart One

I used virgin trains. Tip, a stop off at B'ham may save you a lot. Coaches take a long time in my opinion.
Original post by Jitesh07
You received an offer from all your universities??

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I received four rejections. And an unconditional from Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. I received four rejections. And an unconditional from Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 rejections? Wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending