The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blix2
Idk i would suppose they would invite you to take a numerical test before taking a major decision?

JPM HR "This year we aren't including numericals, as it deters good candidates from non-quantitative degrees" - First Year Fast Track Event (SEO)
Reply 2701
Original post by Anonynous
JPM HR "This year we aren't including numericals, as it deters good candidates from non-quantitative degrees" - First Year Fast Track Event (SEO)

You just know it all :colondollar:
Is it still worth applying to CS and HSBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiirankapoor

Posted from TSR Mobile

HSBC yes, CS not so
Original post by President M.E.
HSBC yes, CS not so

do you have any info on cs, as in are they still giving out ints, how many places they have for it,etc?
Original post by kiirankapoor

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you believe your profile is 2nd to none, go for CS. If it will be average, in comparison to the SW applicant population I wouldn't bother.

I'd still go for HSBC.
If you believe your profile is 2nd to none, go for CS. If it will be average, in comparison to the SW applicant population I wouldn't bother.

I'd still go for HSBC.

Ahh okay. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by welcometoib
do you have any info on cs, as in are they still giving out ints, how many places they have for it,etc?

All i know is they're still doing interviews this week, but they've given a few offers already and they have between 15 and 20 spots for the IBD/equities programme
All i know is they're still doing interviews this week, but they've given a few offers already and they have between 15 and 20 spots for the IBD/equities programme

you sure? last year they ran an ibd/equities sw only and from my friends booklet of people who attended there were at least 40-50?

Where did you get those figures? I'm sure they have considerably more spots open.
Reply 2710
Original post by mikiu15
JPM rejection. I guess I should have written a CL on top of the competency questions.

Sorry to hear about the rejection. May I ask which division you applied for?
Reply 2711
Original post by smashzeJ
F my life, JPM rejection. Hits keep comin.......

GS, MS, UBS pls pls pls

Reply 2712
Original post by Roadrage27
JP Morgan rejection, think I may have made the mistake of applying too early :frown:

Where did you get those figures? I'm sure they have considerably more spots open.

This is only going on what HR said at a CS event :confused:
Reply 2714
Right, I haven't applied to UBS, Barclays. HSBC or BNPP. Which of these are still worth applying to?
Original post by CD315
Right, I haven't applied to UBS, Barclays. HSBC or BNPP. Which of these are still worth applying to?

BNPP definitely as apparently they review apps after the deadline, I'm pretty sure HSBC will be soon to give out interviews as people have had numerical tests already and that's the next stage. Not too sure about the others
Reply 2716
Original post by MathsNerd1
BNPP definitely as apparently they review apps after the deadline, I'm pretty sure HSBC will be soon to give out interviews as people have had numerical tests already and that's the next stage. Not too sure about the others

BNPP close on 31st December too so I may as well get that out of the way. Haven't entertained HSBC yet, will also have a look. Thanks.
Original post by CD315
BNPP close on 31st December too so I may as well get that out of the way. Haven't entertained HSBC yet, will also have a look. Thanks.

Yeah, the application isn't too bad either, plus apparently according to last year there were no interviews and was just straight offers, so I'd suggest you ensure everything you attach is top notch.
Reply 2718
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah, the application isn't too bad either, plus apparently according to last year there were no interviews and was just straight offers, so I'd suggest you ensure everything you attach is top notch.

Hmm I think they interviewed last year, it was the year before they didn't. Will could confirm, he got onto it..
Original post by CD315
Hmm I think they interviewed last year, it was the year before they didn't. Will could confirm, he got onto it..

I don't know where this idea has come from that they don't interview. Me and everyone I knew on the programme had the standard telephone interview for 30 minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending