The Student Room Group

I know nothing about football becuse I'm a girl...

Because I'm a girl I'm not supposed to like and I'm not ALLOWED to like football, apparently I'm supposed to be worrying about a chipped nail and how my hair is ...
what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by me_is_awkward
Because I'm a girl I'm not supposed to like and I'm not ALLOWED to like football, apparently I'm supposed to be worrying about a chipped nail and how my hair is ...
what do you think?

Who says you're not allowed to like football?

My stepsister plays and watches football regularly and I've never heard anyone say anything like that to her
what do you think?

Yeah thats right.
Yeah and keep your mouth zipped....

No girls can like football too and talk about it as long as they don't comment on how good looking he is ugh
Absolutely right.
​...
Loads of football fans are female. One of the football section mods is. (on TSR)
I sat next to a quite angelic-looking fan during a Crystal Palace match
Prove your footie knowledge then.

Unfortunately most women don't like or understand football, and even worse is those that hve a superficial interest in it because their bf likes it or something (though this is more prevalent with those middle class rugby wives).
No, you nothing about football because you dislike it/haven't paid attention to it etc
I think it's *******s. Plenty of women watch, play and attend football, it's quite common. Plenty post on here too, I nominated one for poster of the year for the football forum the other week.
Football like most spectator sport is tedious for me.
If that's what you think...
you hardly ever see any women players in teams. it all seems to be blokes ?
what do you think?

Highly stereotypical. Its your own hobby. Guys like girls who like football.
Original post by IMBCFC
Highly stereotypical. Its your own hobby. Guys like girls who like football.

Not always.

Those types who think they're some sort of ****ing superheroes because they're girls and like football are some of the most annoying ***** going.
what do you think?

. . . What . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not always.

Those types who think they're some sort of ****ing superheroes because they're girls and like football are some of the most annoying ***** going.

This. And don't even get started on girls who pretend to like football...
Reply 18
It's an equal country, so what your talking about is sexism. Also, there's girls football leagues and at Olympics, so not everyone cares about their hair and nails as much. Embrace the equality the suffragettes gave woman!!! lol :tongue:
You can like it if you want, both men & women are allowed to watch, play & follow football but it just tends to be more popular with the former group.

Quick Reply

Latest