The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by preshbabes
Anyone going for numeracy and literacy test for LSBU?

I went on Friday , found out my results yesterday, and have an interview tomorrow!! My first one so really nervous!!
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I went on Friday , found out my results yesterday, and have an interview tomorrow!! My first one so really nervous!!

how was it charlotee? what was the literacy question about? All the best tomorrow. Let me know how you get on.
Reply 762
Original post by elliemacdougall
It took ten working days xx

Thank you!Xx
Reply 763
Original post by hullaballoon
I had a test day at King's last week (I applied in first week of October so pretty early) and I've withdrawn from Cardiff but I think they're pretty late with offering interviews.

For Southampton, I had a response around 2 weeks after my selection day but someone else I know who was also at the same interview waited just over 3 weeks for a reply, even though they said 10 days, so you might have to wait a little bit longer than what they say!

Thank you so much, they said before Christmas at Southampton so fingers crossed!! What was it like at Kings, sent mine off on the 22nd October so hoping to hear soon :smile: xx
Original post by ilunn1
Thank you so much, they said before Christmas at Southampton so fingers crossed!! What was it like at Kings, sent mine off on the 22nd October so hoping to hear soon :smile: xx

I sent my ucas form off 4 weeks ago but other than an acknowledgement of acceptance I haven't heard anything from Southampton !!??
Reply 765

Good for you what is the written essay all about for LSBU
Reply 766
I sent my ucas form off 4 weeks ago but other than an acknowledgement of acceptance I haven't heard anything from Southampton !!??

Southampton took about two weeks to give me an interview, but I know some administrative staff are ill/away at the moment and also I sent mine off before they started interviewing so it would have been processed quicker! I wouldn't worry too much, the wait is the worse but just try and stay positive - no news may be good news xx
Reply 767
Original post by Caykon
A friend is going to Brooke's on the 2nd, I've already been there and have been offered a place. It is a very relaxed interview at Brooke's :-)

Had my interview at brookes today, was very shocked how relaxed it was! How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Reply 768
Had my interview at oxford brookes for adult nursing today. How long roughly did it take to hear back?
Original post by epm97
Had my interview at oxford brookes for adult nursing today. How long roughly did it take to hear back?

Mine took 10 days for the mental health branch :smile:
Reply 770
Original post by epm97
Had my interview at brookes today, was very shocked how relaxed it was! How long did it take for them to get back to you?

I had my interview on a Friday, they offered me a place on the Monday.
Original post by ilunn1

No problem! What was what like, the actual uni or the test day? In terms of the test day, King's do it a little differently to most unis that I've seen, in that they separate the maths + english tests to do on one day and then if you pass them you come back another day for the interview. I think it gives them time to mark it all and then reduces the amount of people they need to interview, I guess. King's had a lot of people at their interview day, including midwives and the 3 difference nursing branches (both Bsc and post-grad dip), and in fact of all the people I spoke to that day I didn't come across another child nursing applicant haha.

Not sure what you want to know specifically (and I could ramble on for ages) but ask away if you have any other questions! Good luck with your application and fingers crossed you hear back from Soton before Xmas!
Reply 772
Interview from UEA :smile:
Hi, I have got an interview from the University of Leeds and the University of Bradford in January. Anybody been invited to these?
Got my first offer for mh at uclan today
Ive got Southampton on 17th Jan and Hertfordshire on 30th Jan. Im so excited!
Good Luck to everyone on their interviews!!
Hopefully we can all TRY and relax over Christmas! x
Original post by lucyva7
Hi, i've just applied for Adult Nursing at UEA, York, Kings, Nottingham and Southampton. Good luck to everyone with interviews! :smile:

Hi, have you heard from all of yours?
Just got an interview for Keele on the fifteenth of January!
Reply 778
Original post by emmilly11
Just got an interview for Keele on the fifteenth of January!

Congrats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Have you heard anything? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending