The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apple cakes
I couldn't make my mind up so ended up choosing BSc, kind of wish I picked MMath but I've heard it's possible to transfer so I'll decide that part if I make it into Warwick in the first place

Hey fellow Warwickian Math offer holder! :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Ssssspppp
Hi when did you receive the offer and when did u apply?? I'm soo nervous now as I applied on oct 15 and I'm still waiting

same! what are your AS grades, may I ask? :smile:
Original post by pryngles
Hey fellow Warwickian Math offer holder! :biggrin:

Hey :biggrin: good luck with making the requirement maybe we'll see each other one day lol.
Btw any idea if we get an open day to go check the university out?
Original post by apple cakes
Hey :biggrin: good luck with making the requirement maybe we'll see each other one day lol.
Btw any idea if we get an open day to go check the university out?

There are offer holder's open days next year I think. At least there is for maths. Check the open days page.

Also, speaking of maths, anyone else received an email about the STEP help thing? Anyone else planning on going? If so, what are your personal statements like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied to go to the STEP thing, my personal statement had basically a very similar intro and conclusion to my Ucas ps but the actual content was more maths based and like my history surrounding it and why I would benefit from the support :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ssssspppp
Hi when did you receive the offer and when did u apply?? I'm soo nervous now as I applied on oct 15 and I'm still waiting

I received my offer on 8th December and I applied on 10th October! 😊 Mine took ages too so don't worry!
Anyone got Warwick Economics offer with AAAB at AS and A*A*AA predictions? Or around this?

I really hope my grades/predictions are good enough.
Guys is everyone getting STEP as a condition of their offers?
Original post by charlotteA96
Got a conditional for Maths (MMath)
I'm really happy because Warwick is where I want to go! :smile:

Did they include STEP
Original post by ChrisW3.14
Did they include STEP

Yeah
It's either A*AA + 1 in STEP or A*A*A + 2 in STEP. The standard offer. :smile:
Reply 390
Merry Christmas everybody ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a facebook group yet?
Original post by imlisa1996
same! what are your AS grades, may I ask? :smile:

Hi, I got 5As....I'm really worried.
Original post by foxfire54
There are offer holder's open days next year I think. At least there is for maths. Check the open days page.

Also, speaking of maths, anyone else received an email about the STEP help thing? Anyone else planning on going? If so, what are your personal statements like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you received any info about offer holder days? Maths Dep. page says they'll be in January or February and I can't for the life of me remember if I've received an email or a letter about going.

Also, for the STEP thing, are you writing a full on personal statement? I was only going to write a few lines! Just a few things about how much support I get and how I'd benefit.
Original post by Theaetetus
Have you received any info about offer holder days? Maths Dep. page says they'll be in January or February and I can't for the life of me remember if I've received an email or a letter about going.

Also, for the STEP thing, are you writing a full on personal statement? I was only going to write a few lines! Just a few things about how much support I get and how I'd benefit.

I'm also unsure as to whether I've had any letters or anything about the open days in Jan/Feb, although I'm fairly sure I haven't had anything.

About the STEP thing, I'm trying to get it so that the text box on the site is full when I paste in the statement. It's quite tricky to do that without feeling like I'm repeating myself from my personal statement though. I can say what I need to without regurgitating personal statement stuff in about 1400 characters, although I haven't written the introduction yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by foxfire54
I'm also unsure as to whether I've had any letters or anything about the open days in Jan/Feb, although I'm fairly sure I haven't had anything.

About the STEP thing, I'm trying to get it so that the text box on the site is full when I paste in the statement. It's quite tricky to do that without feeling like I'm repeating myself from my personal statement though. I can say what I need to without regurgitating personal statement stuff in about 1400 characters, although I haven't written the introduction yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you - I thought I hadn't either, but I get so many irrelevant letters/emails I can't quite remember!

Yes, I'm not quite sure what to include. Whether I need to waffle about why I want to study maths, or just type a little bit about how the school doesn't offer much support and I think I'd benefit from additional help. They weren't very informative about what to do.
Unconditional offer for BSc. Information Systems Management & Innovation.
I'm an international student from India and Warwick is my first choice :smile:

Other Offers I have:

Royal Holloway (Unconditional)
Queen Mary Univ of London (Conditional)
University of Exeter (Unconditional with 5,000 GBP scholarship for the first yr)
King's College London (Haven't heard back)
I got a Conditional Offer for BA English Literature - AAA!

I haven't heard back from all five choices yet (still waiting on Oxford and Bristol), but I reckon Warwick will probably be my first choice.
Reply 398
Original post by LumosNox
I got a Conditional Offer for BA English Literature - AAA!

I haven't heard back from all five choices yet (still waiting on Oxford and Bristol), but I reckon Warwick will probably be my first choice.

Hi. I hold an offer for Philosophy and Literature. How would you rank Warwick for Literature? I am not really familiar with its reputation for this particular subject to be honest.
Original post by benq
Hi. I hold an offer for Philosophy and Literature. How would you rank Warwick for Literature? I am not really familiar with its reputation for this particular subject to be honest.

Congratulations on your offer! Warwick, in general, has a very good reputation nationally and globally for all subjects. If you're referring to league tables, then Warwick does well with the Complete University Guide ranking them top ten, as did the Guardian, as it says on the departmental website. If you meant how reputable Warwick is with employers, then in 2012/13 it was the top target for graduate recruitment. By word of mouth, not taking into account the official statistics, my perception is that it is very well thought of by academics, employers and students - hence why, if I don't get Oxford, it will most probably be my firm choice. If you want to ask me anything else, don't hesitate. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest