The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
We have 10 miles worth of fuel left and the nearest service station is around 10 miles away - exciting! Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome good luck... Well that's a waste of luck seeing as you're not going
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Awesome good luck... Well that's a waste of luck seeing as you're not going

Next interview in 2 hours lol, they pushed me hard :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Next interview in 2 hours lol, they pushed me hard :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn it... I wasn't pushed :frown: sad times

PM me with anything hard they asked :tongue: if you can
Damn it... I wasn't pushed :frown: sad times

PM me with anything hard they asked :tongue: if you can

Data protection bro... :lol:

The questions weren't too hard; all within my capabilities but it was just working through them logically using their hints

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Data protection bro... :lol:

The questions weren't too hard; all within my capabilities but it was just working through them logically using their hints

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmm.. Ah well, I probably haven't gotten in then
Hmmmm.. Ah well, I probably haven't gotten in then

Saying no to Cambridge has become increasingly harder but the workload is still a huge push factor for me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Saying no to Cambridge has become increasingly harder but the workload is still a huge push factor for me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to pm you something
How was it?
Original post by H.Ibrahim
I'de rather wait for the S3 anime to be released instead of reading the manga

Only a month left anyway
How many hours do you think a NatSci Student spends doing work a day in Cambridge? (revision/lectures, etc)

Original post by Red Fox

Only a month left anyway

Yeah I can't wait
Original post by Red Fox
How was it?

Only a month left anyway

It went alright :lol: I may actually change my mind about Bath but if Cambridge offer me 43 I probably won't be able to make that :lol: I'll just deal with the workload :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
It went alright :lol: I may actually change my mind about Bath but if Cambridge offer me 43 I probably won't be able to make that :lol: I'll just deal with the workload :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mwuahahaha sweet

If we both get in, you can reach me cardistry or guitar
Mwuahahaha sweet

If we both get in, you can reach me cardistry or guitar

Cardistry sure but guitar I don't know if I'm good enough to teach - I think theory is actually quite important if you want to be a good musician, but if you're playing for fun like me then you can sack that off and just play whatever you want (just make sure your technique is right lol)

Also, the music I like is probably very very different to the music you like :tongue: I think the most fun part of it is playing what you like so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Cardistry sure but guitar I don't know if I'm good enough to teach - I think theory is actually quite important if you want to be a good musician, but if you're playing for fun like me then you can sack that off and just play whatever you want (just make sure your technique is right lol)

Also, the music I like is probably very very different to the music you like :tongue: I think the most fun part of it is playing what you like so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol sam Smith sam Smith sam Smith is life

Cardistry woo

I actually wanna learn piano, though guitar would be better to sing with probably
Lol sam Smith sam Smith sam Smith is life

Cardistry woo

I actually wanna learn piano, though guitar would be better to sing with probably

Forgive me if this is rude - but I thought Muslims aren't allowed to play instruments?

I found piano boring, guitar is so much more enjoyable for me since both hands are doing something completely different, it's that aspect I like a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Forgive me if this is rude - but I thought Muslims aren't allowed to play instruments?

I found piano boring, guitar is so much more enjoyable for me since both hands are doing something completely different, it's that aspect I like a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're not, which is why I haven't learnt already :tongue:

Hmmmm... Left hand and right hand doing different things is enough for me lol, but I can see the appeal of that factor with guitar
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
My unit 3 exam in June is: Option A - Revolution and Conflict in England. I'm assuming your doing Option C - The United States: Challenged and Transformed then?

What was your coursework topic on?
When did you have to had in your coursework part B? (100 year or so essay)
I'm in the same boat as you I'm handing in my source analysis Part A of my coursework
tomorrow as it's due on Thursday for early feedback and another possible redraft.

I loved learning about the Civil rights era during my GCSE and AS year. I wish I was studying for your Unit in the June exam as it would be easier for me to relate to. I'm learning about Henry VIII Catholicism to protestantism etc. Did you get a reading list over the Christmas break for your next unit 3 or not?

What was your fourth AS subject? Where did you apply for History? Have you heard back from any universities? I'm applying to study Physics :biggrin: the opposite spectrum from writing essays. :tongue: I'm just drained at this point, especially from writing essays and just see myself far more skilled in Maths than History which makes sense since I'm planning on studying Physics :wink:

That might be the option. I think it probably is but we never actually get told what unit or questions we're doing and that normally causes issues. Like last year we did Italian Unification and loads of people answered the wrong question in the exam because they hadn't been told which one to do which was stupid because common sense should tell you to look for one that's titled Italian Unification but they didn't.
My coursework topic is Napoleon. I have no clue when we'll have to hand in our second essay but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say February half term.
We haven't been given a reading list! We just have the text book and get told to make notes from that and then do some essays. Our exam lessons are very hands off from the teacher. I've probably learnt more from the other students than I have from him.
Fourth A level was Biology but I only got a C in that and that was quite an achievement so I was happy to drop it. I've applied to Glagow, Newcastle, York, Edinburgh and St Andrews and I've heard back from the first three. Physics always sounds so interesting! I don't like the maths side of it (which is annoying since I do mechanics which is very physics based) but the other stuff sounds good. Where have you applied then?
Original post by loosiemorgan
just catching up on the thread :smile:
read what Bude was listening too (forgot I was like 20hrs behind) and thought I'm not commenting what I'm listening to then, but I'm listening to Pentatonix's album right now haha!!!

They're not very well known but I do love them sometimes, always brightens up my day :biggrin:
Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've gone the other way and I'm about 90% certain I wouldn't go even if I got an offer:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
I've gone the other way and I'm about 90% certain I wouldn't go even if I got an offer:tongue:

Why is that?

Latest