The Student Room Group

How long does it take for Universities to respond??

Hello,
I've applied to Aberdeen, Hull, Stirling, Cardiff and Plymouth and I'm wondering how long it'll take for them to respond. I've heard that a few of them respond quite quickly but I'm not sure exactly how long..

Any ideas?
Reply 1
What course have you applied for? No one can say for definite but I would say that for many universities it takes up to 2-4 weeks :smile:
Reply 2
You'll get one in the first week or two of submitting.Then about 3 come flooding in around mid January.Your last one comes late around mid march until mid or late april.:smile:
Original post by Lilyghz
What course have you applied for? No one can say for definite but I would say that for many universities it takes up to 2-4 weeks :smile:

Aberdeen: Zoology
Stirling: Marine Biology
Hull: Coastal Marine Biology
Plymouth: Marine Biology and Oceanography
Cardiff: Zoology

One of my friends was offered an interview after two days, but another had to wait 5 weeks for a response.

I'm just really impatient and don't know what to expect XD
Original post by 061194
You'll get one in the first week or two of submitting.Then about 3 come flooding in around mid January.Your last one comes late around mid march until mid or late april.:smile:

Does that usually happen with everyone??
Original post by Alice_Draculoid
Does that usually happen with everyone??

No, last year I had all mine before Christmas. Mine this year went off on Monday, got 1 reply (rejection lol) within about 3 hours. Nothing else yet though. The rest could come before Christmas, in January, or none until the deadline! It all depends but I expect you'll have at least a couple back by the end of January, if not all of them :smile:
Original post by blackened_sky
No, last year I had all mine before Christmas. Mine this year went off on Monday, got 1 reply (rejection lol) within about 3 hours. Nothing else yet though. The rest could come before Christmas, in January, or none until the deadline! It all depends but I expect you'll have at least a couple back by the end of January, if not all of them :smile:

Cardiff will probably reject me because they might not accept my course. I'm doing a Level 3 City and Guilds Extended Diploma (so not a btec but is equivalent to three a-levels)
Literally like 7 universities actually accept it D:
Cardiff will probably reject me because they might not accept my course. I'm doing a Level 3 City and Guilds Extended Diploma (so not a btec but is equivalent to three a-levels)
Literally like 7 universities actually accept it D:

Ah, probably worth it mind to not go through the hassle of A levels! Good luck anyway :smile:
Original post by blackened_sky
Ah, probably worth it mind to not go through the hassle of A levels! Good luck anyway :smile:

I did A levels for like 4 weeks! XD
And thanks :smile: Good luck to you too
I did A levels for like 4 weeks! XD
And thanks :smile: Good luck to you too

I wish I'd only done them for 4 weeks! I'm now in my third year of them... :frown:

Haha thankyou I'll need it :biggrin:
Some come really quickly, but then others take ageeessss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending