The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For those who interviewed already with morgan stanley:

What kind of questions are there in the interview? Recent economic news? Motivation? Walk me through your CV? Technicals?

I would really appreciate your help
Original post by marinolo
For those who interviewed already with morgan stanley:

What kind of questions are there in the interview? Recent economic news? Motivation? Walk me through your CV? Technicals?

I would really appreciate your help

Began with walk me through your resume, then the usual competency/motivation. The interviewer apologised for the standard questions and said he had to ask them to check a few boxes. Quickly moved on to talking about current events in the global economy where I was able to completely take the lead and he just expanded on what I said. Felt very informational from this point as there were no more questions, just a discussion.
this has probably been asked, but this thread has expanded a lot, and filter search is proving difficult.

Are GS on a rolling basis? (or are they too like JP morgan and look at applications and look at once everything is in)
also why don't GS and JP morgan do tests? will their interview be heavily technical and involve doing numeracy in front of them?
anyone got any insight or scoop on how these 2 top of the food chain Investment banks recruit?
Original post by DavidMonk
this has probably been asked, but this thread has expanded a lot, and filter search is proving difficult.

Are GS on a rolling basis? (or are they too like JP morgan and look at applications and look at once everything is in)
also why don't GS and JP morgan do tests? will their interview be heavily technical and involve doing numeracy in front of them?
anyone got any insight or scoop on how these 2 top of the food chain Investment banks recruit?

I can confirm that they both review after the deadline. JPM's was stated yesterday by anonynous and GS said that they found no correlation between performance on the tests and on the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to do the PWC video interview tomorrow, has anybody here done it?
Reply 2765
Original post by Razina17
Did anyone apply for the OMGI Internship this year?

I just missed the deadline, wish I'd knew about it sooner!
do we have to do any background screening for spring weeks? like do they check our a levels, criminal record and all that?
Original post by Calculon13
I can confirm that they both review after the deadline. JPM's was stated yesterday by anonynous and GS said that they found no correlation between performance on the tests and on the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a bit silly of GS to say that. Assuming, like all other banks, when GS used the testing they set a rather high benchmark (i.e. 80-90% on the tests required) all of their employees are going to have scored highly on the tests. Not finding a difference between those who got 17/20 instead of 19/20, is very different from the general statement 'there is no correlation between performance on the tests and on the job' - they would need to employ people from the whole spectrum of test scores, which obviously defeats the entire point of them.
Does anybody know when the MS & GS Spring weeks take place?
Or at least when they did last year?
Is here anyone from a non-uk uni that has managed to get at least interview offers ?
Original post by kalambay
Is here anyone from a non-uk uni that has managed to get at least interview offers ?

Yes. Where are you from? Which uni? Background?
Original post by Sun_Bear
Going to do the PWC video interview tomorrow, has anybody here done it?

Yeah haha, did it last night. Pretty straightforward, just some basic prep is needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tcoburn
CS offer baby. is there anywhere we can find the dates for spring weeks of other banks? i have to choose which week over easter to do CS

well done, in the bag :smile: heard from ms?
Original post by PeterMcQuaid
Yeah haha, did it last night. Pretty straightforward, just some basic prep is needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet, how many questions did they ask and did you use all the 3 mins available? I take it that it will just be why PWC and competency questions.
Original post by Manuelle
Yes. Where are you from? Which uni? Background?

Im a high school senior, im just interested if there are some target institutions from continental europe from which ibanks recruit for sw's. If it's not a secret, are you studying at the target one from milano :smile: ? or what uni ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2775
Is no one applying for Lazard?
Original post by Noble.
It's a bit silly of GS to say that. Assuming, like all other banks, when GS used the testing they set a rather high benchmark (i.e. 80-90% on the tests required) all of their employees are going to have scored highly on the tests. Not finding a difference between those who got 17/20 instead of 19/20, is very different from the general statement 'there is no correlation between performance on the tests and on the job' - they would need to employ people from the whole spectrum of test scores, which obviously defeats the entire point of them.

I agree with your point - I'm not too sure how they arrived at their conclusion. I think maybe some of their candidates who scored in the highest percentile performed badly. I just don't know who they would compare it with assuming they used a similar benchmark to the one you estimated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315
Is no one applying for Lazard?

Im going to apply later today after finding out. Cant go wrong with a SW application with no testing :smile:
Hi guys :smile:
Any advice for a first year Economics student to make the most of uni in terms of applying for Spring Week or just things to do to impress employers? Would be very grateful :smile:
Reply 2779
Original post by MaGeehkaal
Im going to apply later today after finding out. Cant go wrong with a SW application with no testing :smile:

How do you know there's no testing? I know nothing about their process..

Latest

Trending

Trending