The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

If you see someone sharing interview detail, please just report it. Replying to it - especially quoting it - means it is still around even if we delete that post and it creates a lot of work clearing it up.

Please do not share interview specifics. It is against TSR rules :yes:.

Neostigmine
Reply 4521
Did people take guests to Surrey interview even though it says that there should be no guests??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Theasel
Hi. I've got an interview at Surrey too for 18th - well excited...Well done to you too.

Which month ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by na_li
Me! I got an invitation yeasterday :biggrin:

Omg yay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are Liverpool giving out interviews by post or email??
Original post by laurensmiley97
Ah nice! I've applied to Bristol, Nottingham and Cambridge as well, not heard from Nottingham either but I had an interview at Cambridge yesterday and an interview at Bristol in November! When's yours? :smile:

Ah well done - you are half way there then! Bristol interview in January :smile:) hope yours both went well x
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got an email from Surrey - they"ve put my application on a waiting list, anyone else got this? Hopefully a spot will come up fingers crossed!!!!
Hi, I applied as a graduate to Bristol, Liverpool, RVC and Nottingham. Yet to hear anything on interviews :frown: Did those who have had interview invitations already get notifications through track or just a letter in the post?
Original post by katehassall
Me! I would rather they just rejected straight off! :frown:

Aw the wait is awful!!!
Original post by alwaysalex
I have a question about the Edinburgh interview - if my dad comes with me, will it be okay for him to just sit in the cafeteria? Will other parents we doing this or do they tend to leave?

Yeah your dad can go ... Parents do the your with you and can go to the opening lecture
Original post by sophierachael
Just got an email from Surrey - they"ve put my application on a waiting list, anyone else got this? Hopefully a spot will come up fingers crossed!!!!

So is that better than if your don't hear anything? I haven't heard anything after my interview yet
Original post by igoodey
Hi, I applied as a graduate to Bristol, Liverpool, RVC and Nottingham. Yet to hear anything on interviews :frown: Did those who have had interview invitations already get notifications through track or just a letter in the post?

Sorry that you're still waiting dude :hugs: If it make you feel any better, there are two interview days still accepting registrations and two accepting waitlists at Bristol, so they must have some more to give out. At the RVC this week one of the student ambassadors said that there will be holding more interviews in January, and Liverpool give them out in batches; only Jan 14th slots have been given out so far I think. Your time will come! :smile:

Anyway both of my interviews have come through by email, and one was on UCAS a couple of days later. Only Nottingham post them out as far as I'm aware.
Original post by goonieskellie
So is that better than if your don't hear anything? I haven't heard anything after my interview yet

I've not had an interview, the waiting lists are for invites to interviews. It's good because it's not an outright rejection but bad because I could be waiting for May 5th just for them to reject me.

I'll only get invited to an interview if a place opens up which doesn't seem likely but there's still a little bit of hope! :smile:
Nottingham interview 18th February :biggrin:
18th March!
Has anyone who had disadvantaging circumstances heard anything back from Nottingham? I had ill health during GCSEs and AS levels so my grades at AS weren't as great as they could have been and I'm repeating them alongside my A-levels but I have medication to control it now, I know that if someone with disadvantaging circumstances gets an additional review if they don't get an interview but I've heard nothing so far.
Reply 4536
How did everyone find Edinburgh today?
Reply 4537
Original post by whateven
Those who have had RVC interviews, is it worth doing much preparation or does it not really help?

The one thing we are allowed to tell you is yes, preparation makes a huge difference
RVC tell you a lot about what they ask at interview; think about likely topics, write questions and practise answering them allowed
Dispensing means calculating drug doses. These need practicing; so many screw up under pressure
There is a WE table and the questions you are likely to be asked are obvious. Practise answering them
Being fluent, confident and interacting well with the person interviewing really matters
Just turning up without preparation would be a bit daft
Reply 4538
Original post by D of T
The one thing we are allowed to tell you is yes, preparation makes a huge difference
RVC tell you a lot about what they ask at interview; think about likely topics, write questions and practise answering them allowed
Dispensing means calculating drug doses. These need practicing; so many screw up under pressure
There is a WE table and the questions you are likely to be asked are obvious. Practise answering them
Being fluent, confident and interacting well with the person interviewing really matters
Just turning up without preparation would be a bit daft

aloud not allowed. Oops!
So I have interviews at surrey and liverpool on the same day :/ does anyone have any advice on which one would be easier to change? I've sent back the surrey reply already, but not liverpool, but on the liverpool email it says if the day needs to be rearranged you will be placed on a waiting list and not guaranteed to change!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending