The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahwab
Uea January

You?

Nope, first thing I've heard from Med schools and it was this!!
Got a Biomed offer tho lmao
Original post by alfresco_
Did you call Med UG? or general?
I just think it was sent to everyone who hasn't heard back lol
I'd rather think that than find out it was just to some people rather than vice versa

I called the medical ug admissions people. The chances of us getting an interview now is very slim anyways, Ive just given up tbph..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1162
Original post by Muhaha_6
I just called them and they said that it was only sent to some people..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for calling but more vague and pointless mind games

Some could mean all that weren't interviewed. Why would they send to all applicants (including those who have actual interviews)

I wouldn't put it past them to have a loophole in anything they say :frown:
I called the medical ug admissions people. The chances of us getting an interview now is very slim anyways, Ive just given up tbph..

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not the end of the roadddd

Original post by Ahwab

Some could mean all that weren't interviewed. Why would they send to all applicants (including those who have actual interviews)

Agreed.
Reply 1164

Posted from TSR Mobile

They didn't say the chances were very slim.
Original post by Ahwab

Loool I know what you mean but I asked them if it was sent to everyone who didnt get an interview or just some people who didn't get one and he said some, so I don't know..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1166

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes ma'am me too
Original post by Ahwab
They didn't say the chances were very slim.

Yeah they didn't lol I'm assuming it is..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1168
Loool I know what you mean but I asked them if it was sent to everyone who didnt get an interview or just some people who didn't get one and he said some, so I don't know..

Posted from TSR Mobile

He could mean some of them so far
Not all of them YET
Original post by Ahwab
He could mean some of them so far
Not all of them YET

Loooool that's true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1170
Yeah they didn't lol I'm assuming it is..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too

After all, we are the reserve reserve applicants

They've already put ppl on reserve interviews
We are like reserve reserve last resorts :mad:
Original post by Ahwab
Me too

After all, we are the reserve reserve applicants

They've already put ppl on reserve interviews
We are like reserve reserve last resorts :mad:

Seeing as they've already given out reserve interviews, why don't they reject us? -_- It would make it a little easier for us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beckygorman
Yeah, I'm being I interviewed as a reserved, thought it was because I'm a resitter though.

Original post by tarekb123
Yeah i got that too, what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?

Original post by Sadieh1997
I'm not sure I understand the whole reserve thing even though I've got one. They've said we get the same interview as everyone else if we're a reserve applicant and if we are successful we'll go on a reserve list and may get an offer should places become available later.
Hope this helps anyone confused.

Original post by annabowdanna
I'm predicted A*A*A and my ukcat was 672.5 and I've got a reserve interview. They say its because your achidemic stats are lower so that's ukcat too. I guess they put them all on the same playing field and if your predicted OR achieved grades are lower than other applicants but your PS/references were good then they'll put you up for reserve. That's my understanding of it anyway as from what I can see everyone who's achieved or predicted 3A*'s has got a solid interview. They're giving out interviews till the end of this week so don't panic everyone if you've still not heard anything and good luck!

Can you guys quote the e-mail you got for this reserve interview?
Some of us have got one saying 'We are currently holding your application in reserve, pending the outcome of current interviews. If after the first interview rounds we still have places available we will reconsider all pending applications and invite more applicants to interview.'
Reply 1173
Seeing as they've already given out reserve interviews, why don't they reject us? -_- It would make it a little easier for us!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never mind
This is probably gonna nag at my head for a while
And to think I was gonna enjoy my bday tomorrow...

Lol meh
Original post by Ahwab
Never mind
This is probably gonna nag at my head for a while
And to think I was gonna enjoy my bday tomorrow...

Lol meh

Just forget it lol, you've got your other interview coming up anyways.Good Luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1175
Just forget it lol, you've got your other interview coming up anyways.Good Luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Easier said than done

But thanks :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
I just called them and they said that it was only sent to some people..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know how many people ?
Original post by suboftheday_
Do you know how many people ?

Nope sorry :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alfresco_
Can you guys quote the e-mail you got for this reserve interview?
Some of us have got one saying 'We are currently holding your application in reserve, pending the outcome of current interviews. If after the first interview rounds we still have places available we will reconsider all pending applications and invite more applicants to interview.'

Hey, I had a reserve interview, it gave me a time and place then said:

Due to the high demand and competition for places for entry onto our BMBS programme we would like to make you aware that you have initially been selected for a “reserve” interview. This means that whilst your academic qualifications (predicted or achieved) and/or your UKCAT score are not as high as other candidates for this programme, we recognise your potential and that you may be suitable for the BMBS programme. The interview is the same as that undertaken by all other BMBS applicants. If you are successful at interview, you will be placed on our reserve list for the BMBS programme and, should places become available later, you may be contacted in relation to taking up an offer for the BMBS programme at the University of Exeter Medical School.
Reply 1179
To be honest being reserved is better than being rejected. Its also better than hearing nothing at all (meanwhile they've put you on a reserve list but haven't told you). Last year I didn't get the Bmat cut off for Imperial but they didn't reject me until mid January so I think this is much better (I imagine for some reason they put me on some sort of reserve list but then realised after interviewing others they didn't want me) I wouldn't say they're playing mind games, I'd say they're being honest and to be honest I'm quite impressed with that. So take this reserve thing as a positive, being negative about getting into medical school won't help with the stress of A-levels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending