The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Take out Eriksen. Eriksen goes big. That'll show me. At least Bony scored to get me some points.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Take out Eriksen. Eriksen goes big. That'll show me. At least Bony scored to get me some points.

Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Hazard and Sanchez appear to be season essentials. I seem settled on those four now, with an expensive backline of Debuchy, Demichelis, Baines and Azpi.

Sigurdsson hasn't scored points for a few games but appears to be as involved as normal so I expect him to retain his value.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Hazard and Sanchez appear to be season essentials. I seem settled on those four now, with an expensive backline of Debuchy, Demichelis, Baines and Azpi.

Sigurdsson hasn't scored points for a few games but appears to be as involved as normal so I expect him to retain his value.

Can add Downing to that, guy has been immense value for money

Posted from TSR Mobile
going to be a close H2H this week... cant really afford another loss at this stage if I want to make what ever this other H2H competition will be..

Down by 2 points at the moment.. they have had all theirs played.. I still have jagielka left...
Original post by SirMasterKey

Likewise. Exact same thing happened last season :lol:

Got 10pts from my 2 players today so i'm happy with that.

Original post by Isometrix
RVP looks like a good option right now. Might upgrade from Rooney.

I was highly critical of RVP earlier in the season, but he's making me eat my words. He's been fantastic lately, i'm assuming that the problem was just a hangover from the world cup. Van Gaal has said that he was forced to keep playing him because there was no alternative (Falcao & Wilson have both had injury trouble). Amazing what a goal or two can do for a players confidence.
Any away game with spurs against a weak team put Eriksen on the team and bet on a 2-1 win to Spurs.
Original post by fallen_acorns
going to be a close H2H this week... cant really afford another loss at this stage if I want to make what ever this other H2H competition will be..

Down by 2 points at the moment.. they have had all theirs played.. I still have jagielka left...

Haha I'm going to be first in my H2H group this week and I'm still 1 point above the guy who's bottom :rofl:

At this rate I'll probably win the group and the cup.
Close to taking Costa and Siggy out for persie and eriksen :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Took Erikson out for a 4 point hit this week. Resulted in losing 14 points. Best to just not log on to FPL for the rest of the week after something like this and get swayed into chasing last weeks points.
Pleased with 80 points this week. Think I got the 3rd highest in the TSR top 50 with the other two having captained Hazard.
completely forgot there was a game on tonight..

Gutted having looked at the restult, that late 80th minute consolation for QPR cost me my H2H, and meant I draw rather then win..
Still first in the H2H league.
Ahhh i can't catch a break this year. Having a mare. Finally transferred Aguero in, Gets injured.

Take Lukaku out he scores every game since, Same with Yaya Toure.

Where can i improve? 2.6m spare thanks to Aguero.

Team atm.

Forster (Elliot - to transfer out)

Clyne, Terry, Wisdom, Chambers, Ash Williams

Fabregas, Downing, Sigurdsson, Sanchez, Sammy Ameobi

Austin, Costa, Lukaku.
Original post by Vintage
Ahhh i can't catch a break this year. Having a mare. Finally transferred Aguero in, Gets injured.

Team atm.

Austin, Costa, Lukaku.

Your back 5 is pretty similar to a lot of people, I would leave that as it is for now.
In my opinion (but I'm no expert) having Downing, Sig and Ameobi leaves you short in midfield right now. I think 2.6 could turn sig into Eriksen, which would probably strengthen up your midfield right now.
Original post by Vintage

Team atm.

Austin, Costa, Lukaku.

Leave Elliot alone, there's no point wasting a transfer on your 4.0 keeper because he's never going to play.

Your double Southampton defence has to go. It's not worth the investment anymore as they're in poor form and have tough fixtures. Up to you which one you get rid of but i'd fix that sooner rather than later.

Anything else is just a sideways move really. E.g. Fab > Hazard/Toure, Lukaku > Rooney, Austin > Bony or Giroud. Entirely up to you, there's noone who you can say urgently needs to be removed. Might be worth picking up a Man City player due to their favourable fixtures.
Original post by sr90
Leave Elliot alone, there's no point wasting a transfer on your 4.0 keeper because he's never going to play.

Your double Southampton defence has to go. It's not worth the investment anymore as they're in poor form and have tough fixtures. Up to you which one you get rid of but i'd fix that sooner rather than later.

Anything else is just a sideways move really. E.g. Fab > Hazard/Toure, Lukaku > Rooney, Austin > Bony or Giroud. Entirely up to you, there's noone who you can say urgently needs to be removed. Might be worth picking up a Man City player due to their favourable fixtures.

I was thinking about getting Clichy in, but City and their ever changing team puts me off a little. Thoughts?
Original post by ..DT..
I was thinking about getting Clichy in, but City and their ever changing team puts me off a little. Thoughts?

I've already brought him in :tongue: His only competition is Kolarov who's just recovered from injury. Should be good for most of Christmas. I'm more worried about Azpilicueta. If Luis starts the next game then i'll have to swap, because a Chelsea defender for 5.4 is too good to pass on.
Original post by ..DT..

I'm getting in a City defender this week, having trouble deciding who to pick.

Clichy is the most cost effective but you just know Pello is going throw Kolarov in at some point.
Zabaleta would be my first choice. He's just had a rest so I can imagine him starting the next few games, but again with Sagna there I'm not too sure.
With Kompany out till the new year, Demichelis or Mangala could be decent picks. But Mangala I believe is on 4 yellow cards, something to keep in mind.

Essentially the CBs less likely to be rotated in Kompany's absence, but won't return as many points as the full backs. I think if you have a decent bench it may be better going for Zab or Clichy, but if you're bench is weak or has players that don't even play then it's probably worth going for either Demi/Mangala for their better security of starts.

I reckon I'll probably go for Zabaleta.
Original post by Vintage

Team atm.

Austin, Costa, Lukaku.

Eriksen, Man City defender.

Clyne/Ash Williams out for Man City defender. Doubling up on Southampton is not worth value. Man City have a good fixture list and are keeping more CS atm, especially with Aguero gone. Doubling up on them is something I'm considering with Demi and Clichy.

Is Sammy under 5.0? If not get rid of him for someone like Lucas.

Eriksen is a better shout than Sigs atm. Eriksen is fantastic value as well really for his stats over this and last season too.

Original post by Isometrix
I'm getting in a City defender this week, having trouble deciding who to pick.

Clichy is the most cost effective but you just know Pello is going throw Kolarov in at some point.
Zabaleta would be my first choice. He's just had a rest so I can imagine him starting the next few games, but again with Sagna there I'm not too sure.
With Kompany out till the new year, Demichelis or Mangala could be decent picks. But Mangala I believe is on 4 yellow cards, something to keep in mind.

Essentially the CBs less likely to be rotated in Kompany's absence, but won't return as many points as the full backs. I think if you have a decent bench it may be better going for Zab or Clichy, but if you're bench is weak or has players that don't even play then it's probably worth going for either Demi/Mangala for their better security of starts.

I reckon I'll probably go for Zabaleta.

Zab is too prone to being rotated. Demi is the best choice imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
The obvious solution to all this is just to get Hart :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest