The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, figured I'd join in on the conversation on this thread. 2nd year Maths student doing a masters at Nottingham. Applied to a few banks for some spring weeks for IBD, got rejected by CS and haven't heard back from the others. I figure that I've left my applications too late, seeing as I've yet to send off my Barclays and UBS applications and it seems they're well into recruiting at this point. Haven't heard anything back from Citi, JPM, BNP or GS yet, although I think they're all non-rolling apart from Citi.

Good luck to everyone else applying for spring weeks!
Original post by coastbeats
Telephone interview for Morgan Stanley, I have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was your interview? I had mine today and was extremely technical, I asked to explain may technical information and define technical terms of the industry as well, and in the end a maths killer question!
Original post by marinolo
For those who interviewed already with morgan stanley:

What kind of questions are there in the interview? Recent economic news? Motivation? Walk me through your CV? Technicals?

I would really appreciate your help

Appart from explaining my CV all the other questions were extremely technical, we also spoke for a while about recent economic news (drop in oil price, Russia's crisis and Cuba) and I was asked about a recent IPO, also to how I'd evaluate a firm, what I'd look for in their stock figures to evaluate it etc. It was the traditional competency based and motivation interview, it was much more like a completely unstructured interview except the first questions.
Original post by gsbs2
Appart from explaining my CV all the other questions were extremely technical, we also spoke for a while about recent economic news (drop in oil price, Russia's crisis and Cuba) and I was asked about a recent IPO, also to how I'd evaluate a firm, what I'd look for in their stock figures to evaluate it etc. It was the traditional competency based and motivation interview, it was much more like a completely unstructured interview except the first questions.

degree and uni? ive realised now ms are extremely flexible in their qs and ask qs dependent on degree and past work experience, that determines how technical your interview will be
Reply 2844
Original post by gsbs2

i have one tomorrow... what happens after the first phone interview??
Just received an email from JPM to invite me for a phone interview
Original post by sharkystud

Markets or IBD?
Original post by President M.E.
Markets or IBD?

IBD
Original post by sharkystud

Sweet, congratulations.

Might I ask what your profile is?
But I'm still waiting for the answer of CS (interview last week..). So I guess I wont get an offer. what do u think ?

Im from ESSEC Business School in Paris
Do you think I can send an email to CS ?
Reply 2851
I applied to 22 spring weeks and I have been rejected by 8 (after acing their tests). I go to KCL and I have also completed a summer internship at Allianz. I'm starting to lose hope :frown:
Original post by Atty
I applied to 22 spring weeks and I have been rejected by 8 (after acing their tests). I go to KCL and I have also completed a summer internship at Allianz. I'm starting to lose hope :frown:

Oh wow, didn't even think there were 22 spring weeks...
Reply 2853
Original post by President M.E.
Oh wow, didn't even think there were 22 spring weeks...

yeah, all of them
Original post by vmwl
Got an invite from HR via email for final round telephone interviews with MS just now

congrats :smile: degree? and what day did you have the int?
Original post by Atty

Don't lose hope. I have a similar profile.

Semi-target - Cass
Summer intenship - 2nd tier IB

Applied to ~20 SW

RBS test pass, HSBC test pass, MS int, BAML offer

around 6 rejections.

Just keep grinding, you'll get something.
Reply 2856
Original post by welcometoib
congrats :smile: degree? and what day did you have the int?

Thanks :smile: I do economics, had the interview on Friday last week
Original post by Anonynous
Don't lose hope. I have a similar profile.

Semi-target - Cass
Summer intenship - 2nd tier IB

Applied to ~20 SW

RBS test pass, HSBC test pass, MS int, BAML offer

around 6 rejections.

Just keep grinding, you'll get something.

How did you find the HSBC numerical? I plan on doing it tomorrow. And tbh I don't think the uni actually matters that much, I'm at a 'Target' and I still seem to be having awful luck with these spring weeks lol
Original post by Roadrage27
How did you find the HSBC numerical? I plan on doing it tomorrow. And tbh I don't think the uni actually matters that much, I'm at a 'Target' and I still seem to be having awful luck with these spring weeks lol

SHL, fairly straight forward. Do some practice beforehand and you should be fine. Well given that at ACs etc.. most/all attendees are targets/semi-targets, I think it does play a role. I was at CS AC last year and the only 2 'non-targets' were myself and one manchester offer holder.

Or at ICAP AC, everyone there was target/semi-target (european schools aswell) apart from one girl studying Mech Eng at City University.
Original post by Anonynous
SHL, fairly straight forward. Do some practice beforehand and you should be fine. Well given that at ACs etc.. most/all attendees are targets/semi-targets, I think it does play a role. I was at CS AC last year and the only 2 'non-targets' were myself and one manchester offer holder.

Or at ICAP AC, everyone there was target/semi-target (european schools aswell) apart from one girl studying Mech Eng at City University.

I would agree, it plays a role to the extent that it can determine whether you are invited to interview, but after that it's anyone's game.

Latest

Trending

Trending