The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by emmilly11
Thank you! Have you heard anything? :smile:

Nope not yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all I've been offered a place for child nursing at the university of York,has anyone else applied here or got places, if anyone wants any questions answering about the interview I'm willing to answer. I'm also waiting to hear back for edge hill following my interview and waiting for an interview at kings college London as I Haven't heard anything from them x
Original post by Chelsea1996
Hi all I've been offered a place for child nursing at the university of York,has anyone else applied here or got places, if anyone wants any questions answering about the interview I'm willing to answer. I'm also waiting to hear back for edge hill following my interview and waiting for an interview at kings college London as I Haven't heard anything from them x

I have an offer for adult nursing from York :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chelsea1996

How did your interview at edge hill go ? Was it individual interview or group ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a conditional offer from Nottingham for children's nursing!! So excited :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 785
Had my further consideration email from Nottingham - last year my interview came a week later but will probably have to wait longer this time if they do invite me again!
Hi
Has anyone applied for Bradford University for Adult Nursing. I had my Interview back in November and the wait is agonising. Is anyone still waiting for response?
Original post by StaceyT89
Hi
Has anyone applied for Bradford University for Adult Nursing. I had my Interview back in November and the wait is agonising. Is anyone still waiting for response?

Same! I'm still waiting to hear back too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyC96
Same! I'm still waiting to hear back too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The wait is torture isn't it? One of my friends had an interview 2 days ago and has heard back already. Making me feel slightly disheartened. 😔
Original post by StaceyT89
The wait is torture isn't it? One of my friends had an interview 2 days ago and has heard back already. Making me feel slightly disheartened. 😔

Yeah :/ oh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just accepted my offer to study Child Nursing at Surrey next sept! :smile: Good luck with all of your applications!
Got an offer from LJMU for adult Nursing.

Got interviews for Uni of Nottingham and De Montfort in January!

Nottingham is my top choice though so hopefully I'll get an offer from them!
Original post by Hero-H
Has anyone applied to Edinburgh? :smile:

Hey, I have!..Have you heard anything? :smile:
Original post by AoifeBass93
Has anyone applied to University of Ulster, Queen's Belfast, Queen Margret Uni in Edinburgh or Endinburgh Napir for Adults/Childrens nursing get a date for an interview?

I am about to send in my UCAS application in this week. :smile:

Hey, ive applied for Edinburgh Napier for Childrens Nursing but haven't head anything!...Have you/ :smile:
Original post by kadija_begum
How did your interview at edge hill go ? Was it individual interview or group ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview at edge hill was quite good, we got there gave in our GCSE certificates etc, then we sat down for our maths and english test. Maths was basic maths of conversations and the English test was a range of english wquestions. In the english you had to read some text and then the words in bold within the text were spelt wrong, so you have to pick the right one from four options. For the next part of the English test you had to answer a question, the questions are on principles and core values, mine was 'How would you show respect and dignity on a ward, give examples of how you have done this before'. Another person I know had a question about explaining compassion and where they had used it.

Then we got put into groups of around 5-8 people and were left to talk between our selfs until our interview. The interviews at edge are individual interviews and you get asked general questions about why you want to be a nurse, what you have, and you get given a case study type thing and asked how you would react in that situation.

I was there from 12:30 till 6:00 hope all this helps, keep me informed with how you go, Good luck and be your self :smile: Xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by blondy2012
I have an offer for adult nursing from York :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations on your offer, is york while you will be going? x
Reply 796
I have applied for children's nursing at Southampton and Bournemouth but I only sent my application on Wednesday. I have had emails from both to say they received my applications which I thought was quick haha. I would think the wait time would be longer now its christmas?
I am waiting on Edge Hill following my interview and have an interview at Chester in January ( child branch) anyone been to chester ? Worried about the maths eeek!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pretty please
I am waiting on Edge Hill following my interview and have an interview at Chester in January ( child branch) anyone been to chester ? Worried about the maths eeek!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview at chester too! Think mines 23rd jan? For children's too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 799
Original post by ollynicky
Hey, I have!..Have you heard anything? :smile:

Nope not yet! I don't know whether they wait for all applications before considering (This is Uni of Edinburgh though, have you applied here or Napier?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending