The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Time to start the writing. I feel like a fresher writing their first essay, not a masters student, this isn't any easier :frown:
I am totally freaking out. According to the number of days I have left to revise I have to do 5 lectures a day 5 days a week, 1 day I spend at work and the other day I want off. I also need to work on a calculation exam and another exam which isnt covered in lectures.

Oh and summer placement and year in industry application deadlines are pending

What is this life!

I don't see how I can keep up that amount of work without burning out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BeyondandAbove

Spoiler

Yay, last exam today and then freedom at 1pm! :woo:

Spoiler

Thanks so much :suith:
Really appreciate it.
Original post by snailsareslimy
Thank you so much, haha reading that made me cry. It'll be okay I'm sure, I'm probably just too sensitive anyway.

Thanks again :hugs: and Merry Christmas to you too :smile:

Put it this way, i'm not a confrontational person, but if a boy did that to a girl I knew, it would most certainly be the last time he did it.

You're very welcome, glad your dealing with it well :smile:

Having to go home early for Christmas as I feel so ****, I had stuff planned with the girl I like to :mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Well the last few days have been horrible...

Spoiler

omg I really hope you're okay. That sounds kind of rapey if that's the right word here. I dunno. And to tell someone else about it is just not okay.

:hugs: Merry Christmas :biggrin:

Original post by jelly1000
Time to start the writing. I feel like a fresher writing their first essay, not a masters student, this isn't any easier :frown:

Same. I've actually re-written my introduction twice now.

Spoiler

This story was horrible to read!
The boy is an absolute disgrace, and if the other one thinks it is funny, he's almost as bad!

I hope you're feeling okay.
:hugs:
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
omg I really hope you're okay. That sounds kind of rapey if that's the right word here. I dunno. And to tell someone else about it is just not okay.

Same. I've actually re-written my introduction twice now.

It's taken me 2 hours to get a 200 and something word intro down but I think its pretty much finished now.

Spoiler

It's times and people like this that give the impression that all guys are bad, I can promise you that isn't the case and you'll soon find a great guy, I'm just sad how you've had to go through a lot before you're yet to find the right guy :/ Hopefully your time will come soon :smile:

Like the others, I hope you're okay :hugs:
Original post by jelly1000
It's taken me 2 hours to get a 200 and something word intro down but I think its pretty much finished now.

lol.

How different are you finding your masters compared to your bachelors?

Spoiler

what an absolute ****ing scumbag. that is utterly disgusting behaviour. I'm so so sorry you had to go through that :hugs: I actually want to get on a plane just so I can punch the living **** out of him.

if you ever want to talk, I'm here. I hope you'll be okay. Sometimes mums are just the best people to help you deal with it all even if it is a bit awkward at first.

so many :hugs: and I hope things get better for you soon xxx
Original post by Serentonin
what an absolute ****ing scumbag. that is utterly disgusting behaviour. I'm so so sorry you had to go through that :hugs: I actually want to get on a plane just so I can punch the living **** out of him.

if you ever want to talk, I'm here. I hope you'll be okay. Sometimes mums are just the best people to help you deal with it all even if it is a bit awkward at first.

Can I join you with the beating?
lol.

How different are you finding your masters compared to your bachelors?

Questions are mostly a lot more complex.
Haven't studied for my exams at all yet.. Been sitting in my room upset since last night as my cats gone missing 😞 tried to study earlier but just couldn't concentrate :frown:
Original post by Psyc_Girl
xxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear that your cat is missing. I hope that you find him/her soon. :smile:

xxxxxxxxxx

What happened to you was awful. Utterly appalling and disgusting the way your Ex carried on. I hope that you feel better soon. :hugs: Please feel free to PM me if you ever want/need to talk. :smile:

Original post by BeyondandAbove
xxxxxxxx

I suppose that you hate Rhineland-Pfalz and Bayern too seeing as Hessen borders them as well. I'm hoping that NRW will be okay. I love Germany with all of my heart so it should be fine! :smile: Would have rathered Oberfranken though... I hope your date the other day went well. :smile:

I have been on here for a few days because of my exams. Marketing on Tuesday went better than expected. German today was the first time in my life that I can say that I had a perfect exam (apart from some grammar issues but whatever!). :smile: Have to cram a semester's worth of French now for a couple of hours. Exam's at 9 am tomorrow. Can't wait to be finished! (Okay, so TEFL from 9 to 6 on Saturday and Sunday will be horrible but after that I have two weeks at home and can work on my research project! Then, before I know it it's Germany time! :biggrin:
My ex informed me today that he still loves me, I always will be the one, and that he misses me like crazy. He did so by turning up on my doorstep and refusing to leave until I spoke to him. This he did, even though my dad told him to leave. My dad is not very scary.

My ex has a girlfriend. A girlfriend I'm pretty sure he was 'in love with' while I was with him. I feel like he spent the whole of our relationship thinking the grass was greener on the other side and now he's realised that maybe she wasn't as perfect as he thought. It's too late though, I don't want him back and I told him so.

It made me cry a lot though.

And move back to exeter because I don't want it happening again. I'm in my massive 6 bed house all by myself and its SPOOKY.

Andddd, all I want to do is speak to my bf about this, but I can't get hold of him and I don't know whats going on. We've never actually been apart (lived together before we got together) and I don't know whether his lack of communication is just how he is, or whether he's realised he doesn't actually want to be with me :erm:

That sounds horrible, hope your bf gets in touch with you soon

I really hope you're alright hun! Such a scumbag he is. I'm sorry I wasn't there at the time either, I'm abroad and internet is a pain.

Serentonin and slowbro! I'm in! Just tell me where and when.

Hope you feel better soon. xxx
My ex informed me today that he still loves me, I always will be the one, and that he misses me like crazy. He did so by turning up on my doorstep and refusing to leave until I spoke to him. This he did, even though my dad told him to leave. My dad is not very scary.

My ex has a girlfriend. A girlfriend I'm pretty sure he was 'in love with' while I was with him. I feel like he spent the whole of our relationship thinking the grass was greener on the other side and now he's realised that maybe she wasn't as perfect as he thought. It's too late though, I don't want him back and I told him so.

It made me cry a lot though.

And move back to exeter because I don't want it happening again. I'm in my massive 6 bed house all by myself and its SPOOKY.

Andddd, all I want to do is speak to my bf about this, but I can't get hold of him and I don't know whats going on. We've never actually been apart (lived together before we got together) and I don't know whether his lack of communication is just how he is, or whether he's realised he doesn't actually want to be with me :erm:

Aww :hugs: Your ex sounds like an utter moron. I hope you get in contact with your bf soon.

I would love being in a huge house by myself. Do you have a pet?
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Put it this way, i'm not a confrontational person, but if a boy did that to a girl I knew, it would most certainly be the last time he did it.

You're very welcome, glad your dealing with it well :smile:

Original post by rayquaza17
This story was horrible to read!
The boy is an absolute disgrace, and if the other one thinks it is funny, he's almost as bad!

I hope you're feeling okay.
:hugs:

Original post by MathsNerd1
It's times and people like this that give the impression that all guys are bad, I can promise you that isn't the case and you'll soon find a great guy, I'm just sad how you've had to go through a lot before you're yet to find the right guy :/ Hopefully your time will come soon :smile:

Like the others, I hope you're okay :hugs:

Original post by Slowbro93
Can I join you with the beating?

Original post by Elphaba Thropp
What happened to you was awful. Utterly appalling and disgusting the way your Ex carried on. I hope that you feel better soon. :hugs: Please feel free to PM me if you ever want/need to talk. :smile:

Original post by MyName??!
I really hope you're alright hun! Such a scumbag he is. I'm sorry I wasn't there at the time either, I'm abroad and internet is a pain.

Serentonin and slowbro! I'm in! Just tell me where and when.

Hope you feel better soon. xxx

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate the support. It's definitely made me feel a little better that I know it's not just me overreacting or whatever. Today I deleted all photos of us together and blocked him on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Hopefully I'll never have to speak to him again. I've also been really lucky that my friends are being incredibly supportive and they're really really angry with him. Definitely makes it easier knowing people have your back. I've been asked if I wanna go out on Saturday night by one of my friends but I don't know if I'll go. He texted my other friend asking if she was still going out that night, to the same club, and well, yeah, I don't wanna run into him. I just want him to stay away from me for a long time. I'm also a bit worried that he'll try get his job back (we used to work together, I've already spoken to the managers and I'm coming back in a month or so). The idea of working with him just fills me with absolute dread.

I'm just gonna throw myself into my studies and try and do as well as I can. In hindsight, even if that wouldn't have happened, the relationship was clearly not gonna last anyway. You don't do that to someone you're supposed to care about. I'm now just thankful I got out when I did.

Again, thank you so much guys. You don't have any idea of how much this all means to me. Definitely some of the kindest, most supportive people I've ever had the pleasure of talking to on this thread. :suith:
x

Bit late to the party but been really busy recently so haven't been on. That's absolutely ****ing disgusting. Shows no morals whatsoever and shows such a bad light for guys as well. At least you got rid of him straight away and like the others said I hope you're alright :hugs:
One day you'll find a great guy who'll be a great gentleman and won't be an absolute dick because you deserve someone like that :suith:

Feel free to PM if you ever need to :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shorttstuff
Bit late to the party but been really busy recently so haven't been on. That's absolutely ****ing disgusting. Shows no morals whatsoever and shows such a bad light for guys as well. At least you got rid of him straight away and like the others said I hope you're alright :hugs:
One day you'll find a great guy who'll be a great gentleman and won't be an absolute dick because you deserve someone like that :suith:

Feel free to PM if you ever need to :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :hugs:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending