The Student Room Group

Imperial College A100 applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becciaimee
I just got an offer!!!!

Got one as well!!!
Imperial is my second choice... but the condition (AAAC) makes me want to make it to become my first choice now.... and since my Cambridge interview went so horrible,.... i have no idea .....

Are you firming it? What are your other choices?
Original post by ohkay
Are there any chances of getting an interview with bmat scores 4.4, 5.1 and 3A?

well I got 4.4 4.6 and 3A and ive got an interview so...
Have imperial sent out any rejections yet ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an International with 5.1 6.3 4A - is BMAT the reason I haven't gotten an interview yet? (any internationals with lower BMAT gotten interviews?)
Original post by DCMed96
Got one as well!!!
Imperial is my second choice... but the condition (AAAC) makes me want to make it to become my first choice now.... and since my Cambridge interview went so horrible,.... i have no idea .....

Are you firming it? What are your other choices?

Definately firming, it's my favorite :smile:
Definately firming, it's my favorite :smile:

hooray, I found my first fresher mate ! :tongue:
Reply 346
I just got an offer!!!!

Congrats ! How did you get an offer so quickly? Do they wait 2 weeks after interview?
I am sure your Christmas will be very merry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ani97
Congrats ! How did you get an offer so quickly? Do they wait 2 weeks after interview?
I am sure your Christmas will be very merry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So so merry! Just got an interview invite from Leeds aswell, today has been a good day:wink: and I thought it was within two weeks?
I regret not choosing an interview date sooner...Have to wait until the 17th of March now :/
Reply 349
Original post by Cosmocos
I regret not choosing an interview date sooner...Have to wait until the 17th of March now :/

same! mine is on the 17th of March too, but tbh when i was booking the interview most dates were in March anyway :smile:
Any internationals still waiting for interview? :frown: Starting to lose hope... :/
Original post by A-Cooky
same! mine is on the 17th of March too, but tbh when i was booking the interview most dates were in March anyway :smile:

Where else did you apply?
Original post by Cosmocos

Omg same mines 17th March :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

I posted a spreadsheet of offer holders and their BMAT scores (and the bands they were placed in) and their A levels at time of entry (or predicted A levels) for the 2014/2015 entry for medicine A100 with 525 candidates on the other Imperial medicine thread. Link is:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2793513&page=24&p=52349959#post52349959

(pg 24 comment is near the bottom)

Hope this helps! :smile:
For your ease, here it is, saves u having to click the link haha: (copied and pasted btw):

I emailed Imperial regarding bands and offer holders etc. This is what they had to say:

"Please find attached a spreadsheet showing A-level grades and BMAT scores for those applicants offered a place for entryto the course for 2014/15. This data is shown on the first tab of the spreadsheet.

The bands for the BMAT scores for this cycle
The percentage of candidates with BMAT scores within each of BMAT Bands who were offered a place or interviewed
Please find this information on the second tab of the attached spreadsheet.

If a candidate was to be in different bands i.e. they were to achieve BMAT scores of 4.6, 5.4 and 3A, which band would they be placed in?
Please be advised that an applicant’s band is determined by their lowest section score. For the example scores of 4.6, 5.4, and 3A, and based on the bandings for entry for 2014/15, the section 1 score of 4.6 would have put that applicant in Band 3.

Also, if the bands for the 2014/2015 A100 Medicine UCAS cycle (the ongoing cycle) have been set, would it be possible to provide me with this information?
Please be advised that the bands for the current cycle, for entry for 2015/16, will be published in April 2015 in accordance with the College’s policy."

The data is for 525 candidates (A100) and its their predicted grades or A levels completed at the time of entry, their BMAT band and their BMAT scores. Hope this helps! (i tried to get them to give me ones for post interview rejected and pre interview rejected candidates and with GCSE and AS levels achieved but they said:“Section 1 (1) does not oblige a public authority to comply with a request for information if the authority estimates that the cost of complying with the request would exceed the appropriate limit (under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004).” The appropriate limit is set at 18 hours." So they edited my FOI to what i have provided u with now
Original post by zainubnajmudin
well I got 4.4 4.6 and 3A and ive got an interview so...

What are your predicted/achieved grades? I got 5.7, 4.2, 3.5B from BMAT and have 776 from my HL IB subjects (biology, chemistry, maths) (7 is max) and 40/42 in total predicted, and I'm still waiting :c
Original post by m.prabar
What are your predicted/achieved grades? I got 5.7, 4.2, 3.5B from BMAT and have 776 from my HL IB subjects (biology, chemistry, maths) (7 is max) and 40/42 in total predicted, and I'm still waiting :c

Yep I have 5.1 6.3 4A for BMAT and Predicted 45 (HL Bio Chem Math) - still nothing :frown:

are you international as well?
Original post by ishysmile
Yep I have 5.1 6.3 4A for BMAT and Predicted 45 (HL Bio Chem Math) - still nothing :frown:

are you international as well?

I'm from Poland, that's EU so I'm not sure if it counts the same as UK or not. Surely I compete for the same places as UK students, not for the ones for overseas students.
Original post by m.prabar
I'm from Poland, that's EU so I'm not sure if it counts the same as UK or not. Surely I compete for the same places as UK students, not for the ones for overseas students.

Yeah. Are you confident that you'll get an interview?
Original post by ishysmile
Yeah. Are you confident that you'll get an interview?

Hi there!

The only reason I can think of is your section 1 may be just out of the Band 2 threshold and Imperial say that they only interview internationals in the first two Bands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending