The Student Room Group

Bristol vs bath vs Edinburgh vs bocconi vs Melbourne vs Sydney help required ASAP!!!!

I have got offers from the following universities and would appreciate if someone would guide me as to which uni to choose on the basis of intl reputation,location,ease of finding jobs ....my offers are- Bristol uni(accounting and finance),durham uni (accounting and finance),uni of bath (bba),bocconi uni italy (economics and finance),uni of melbourne(bcom),uni of sydney(economics and finance),uni of Edinburgh(accounting and finance) . I have seen that the australian unis fare well in the international rankings but am not too sure about their reputation abroad.bocconi is supposed to be a good uni for economics but is it really good for an intll student?on the other hand the league tables in the uk tell a different story from the world rankings.please help.......
Reply 1
Anyone?i have to confirm my place at bocconi by the 14th.
Reply 2
I'm no expert on the international unis however I can provide some opinions on the Australian ones. In regards to Sydney vs melbourne while both will provide competitive courses, sydney has a better reputation inside Australia while melbourne has a better international reputation. The social life of each is rather similar although I have heard it said melbourne is a little more relaxed. However assumingly you will be living in a college if you go to either of these, in which case there should be little discernible difference. The cities however do vary as Sydney has an older demographic, but more job opportunities.
Original post by Ruby1000
I'm no expert on the international unis however I can provide some opinions on the Australian ones. In regards to Sydney vs melbourne while both will provide competitive courses, sydney has a better reputation inside Australia while melbourne has a better international reputation. The social life of each is rather similar although I have heard it said melbourne is a little more relaxed. However assumingly you will be living in a college if you go to either of these, in which case there should be little discernible difference. The cities however do vary as Sydney has an older demographic, but more job opportunities.

Good try, but I think we're a little past his "14th" deadline. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending