The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2920
Original post by shoriffmiah
Im soon going off to college but i am think im choosing the wrong A-levels.
Can anyone recommend what is should do for a Law degree.
Dont make the post to hard to read, keep it simple :smile:

And yes i am choosing it for the money.

Any facilitating subjects. History and English Lit will both be beneficial though.
Original post by shoriffmiah
Im soon going off to college but i am think im choosing the wrong A-levels.
Can anyone recommend what is should do for a Law degree.
Dont make the post to hard to read, keep it simple :smile:

And yes i am choosing it for the money.

I want to do Law too. I'm doing Religious Philosophy, English Literature, Spanish and Politics.

I'd recommend definitely one from English Literature and History- both if you want! Though they're similar fields and if you want to do one to show off more versatility go for it!

Avoid doing more than one 'soft' subject, or doing any blacklisted. So don't do Dance, Health and Social Care, Media studies or Film studies.

Avoid doing Law A Level.

Languages are always useful.

Throw in maths or a science if you want, to show logical thinking. Any one of the four would be good.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
I want to do Law too. I'm doing Religious Philosophy, English Literature, Spanish and Politics.

I'd recommend definitely one from English Literature and History- both if you want! Though they're similar fields and if you want to do one to show off more versatility go for it!

Avoid doing more than one 'soft' subject, or doing any blacklisted. So don't do Dance, Health and Social Care, Media studies or Film studies.

Avoid doing Law A Level.

Languages are always useful.

Throw in maths or a science if you want, to show logical thinking. Any one of the four would be good.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, you clearly know what your doing. :smile:
i will take your post into consideration and hopefully choose the right A-levels
Who's revising this holiday then? :p:S
Original post by Violetvirtue

Me, but only on the last week. :smile: What about you?

My mocks are over so I won't be revising but I have to do some English Language coursework over the holidays :frown:
Got two more of my results back

A in ICT
B in RE

That means I have 6A*s 2As and a B with both my English results coming after Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2927
i finished my mocks yesterday im happy with myself because i dont really think it could have gone better now i have to revise for matha igcse in jan...great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Got two more of my results back

A in ICT
B in RE

That means I have 6A*s 2As and a B with both my English results coming after Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :ahee:

Now get yourself some rest over Christmas lol

Me~ My parents are really disappointed in my grades, which is just downright annoying considering I had a really difficult week emotionally (emotional rollercoaster much lol), so I'm going on strike :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Me~ My parents are really disappointed in my grades, which is just downright annoying considering I had a really difficult week emotionally (emotional rollercoaster much lol), so I'm going on strike :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure your grades weren't that bad! Annoying parents! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
I'm sure your grades weren't that bad! Annoying parents! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

They weren't xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else wanting to do biology chemistry physics maths?
Original post by Jitesh
Anyone else wanting to do biology chemistry physics maths?

I considered it but I'm not too sure about physics. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Firenze26
I considered it but I'm not too sure about physics. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess, it's so hard to decide! Definitely biology and chemistry! It's so hard because I love lots of subjects I do for GCSE.

People think I'm insane wanting to do them four. I'd like to he a dentist, and they are my favourite subjects.

What are you wanting to be when you're older?
Any people interested in Maths/ICT/Computing A levels? I'm new :tongue:
Original post by Jitesh
I guess, it's so hard to decide! Definitely biology and chemistry! It's so hard because I love lots of subjects I do for GCSE.

People think I'm insane wanting to do them four. I'd like to he a dentist, and they are my favourite subjects.

What are you wanting to be when you're older?

I know what you mean because except for one, I'm willing to do any of the subjects I'm doing for GCSE and then some, does that make me sound like a nerd?

I want to be a forensic scientist but I'm starting to seriously consider computer/software engineering. I thought of doing four A-levels not 3 A-levels and 1 AS but I dunno, I'm not that good enough at handling stress.

I know this might be far off but do you already have a prospective(?) uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tsunaomi
Any people interested in Maths/ICT/Computing A levels? I'm new :tongue:

I considered them but you know, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Firenze26
I considered them but you know, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll take those, or something similar :biggrin: what about you?
Original post by Tsunaomi
I think I'll take those, or something similar :biggrin: what about you?

Currently, my top choices/Set of A-levels are biology, chemistry, maths and history but, i dunno, I'm becoming to rethink my career choice to engineering or something, quite horrible considering applications and personal statements are being sent out to other schools.

What career are you thinking of doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest