The Student Room Group

Universidad Europea de Madrid/Valencia

Does anyone know anyone who has been to this university in spain to study. Please let me know, it'd also be great if they studied dentistry too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
same here would love to know what its like, im thinking of going to Universidad de Valencia to do dentistry
Reply 2
Original post by nikitom
same here would love to know what its like, im thinking of going to Universidad de Valencia to do dentistry

Next year? Can i please get your email address- i've been looking for someone else who wants to do it so badly!!!
Im also thinking of doing dentistry at the university of Valencia, but im worried about the language issues!
Reply 4
Hi guys I'm considering it also but I'm thinking about applying to Madrid because it says the full 5 years are taught in English, apart from the clinics. Do you guys know about th deadlines and the process of applying?
Reply 5
My cousin is currently in madrid doing dentistry
He said that roughly around £14,000 a year for tuition
Most people apply after they get their A2 resultsust learn Spanish within 3 years
1st term tuition for Spanish is free then it's independent work
Overall very expensive but have to be determined
Reply 6
Is your cousin from England? How is he finding it? Also are the last two years taught in English but the clinical parts in Spanish?
Reply 7
Original post by Yo.123
Is your cousin from England? How is he finding it? Also are the last two years taught in English but the clinical parts in Spanish?

He's from England newcastle to be precise
You'll have to learn to write and speak fluent Spanish to communicate with patients
He said it's a very good university for people who can afford it and don't achieve the right results for the UK
If you do receive the right results he recommends taking a gap year then reapplying since there's a high conversion rate
Reply 8
Thanks for the information, I'm in my final year studying at university and im on a first. I was just thinking about studying in Madrid because I've only had one interview for grad entry dentistry so far and in Madrid apparently you can skip a year or certain modules if you have already studied them.
About the learning and speaking Spanish part, is your cousin finding it hard? The course is taught in English for all the 5 years isn't it though?
Reply 9
Hi there. I'm going out to visit the uni this month for my interview. It is 100% in english, the entire 5 years. Only need to learn it for patients, in your fourth year. Which degree are you doing just now? (Yo.123) I am only 18 and from scotland, and going to madrid straight from school. Have applied for some courses here though as a back up
Have you applied for dentistry in the UK too ?
If so what are your A2 predicted grades
And how are you planning too fund this due to the higher fees
Original post by Chelseamae
Hi there. I'm going out to visit the uni this month for my interview. It is 100% in english, the entire 5 years. Only need to learn it for patients, in your fourth year. Which degree are you doing just now? (Yo.123) I am only 18 and from scotland, and going to madrid straight from school. Have applied for some courses here though as a back up

Reply 12
Original post by Anwar2296

No i didn't get my grades. I have a very supportive family who are funding it for me :smile: of course I will repay them when I am able to though, but yeah there are no problems financially for me
Good to hear
are you applying directly to the university or a company ?
And if you get accepted will you be definately joining
Also what did you apply for in the UK
No i didn't get my grades. I have a very supportive family who are funding it for me :smile: of course I will repay them when I am able to though, but yeah there are no problems financially for me

Good to hear
Reply 15
Original post by Anwar2296
Good to hear

I'm applying directly through the university as doing so through a company was not advised.
And yes, any chance I get to follow my dream, i'll take it! I applied for 2 oral health science, 2 biomed and 1 physiology
I'm applying directly through the university as doing so through a company was not advised.
And yes, any chance I get to follow my dream, i'll take it! I applied for 2 oral health science, 2 biomed and 1 physiology

Do you mind messaging me directly your email then we can talk since I don't want to mention them on here
If you get me
Reply 17
Yeah sure
Reply 18

I'm doing microbiology at Nottingham. Can you tell me what the application process is?
Reply 19
Original post by Yo.123
I'm doing microbiology at Nottingham. Can you tell me what the application process is?

You basically just call up and arrange an interview which you can do over skype. Application opening date is jan 1st. They are very helpful over the phone so I strongly suggest you do that

Quick Reply

Latest