The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snailsareslimy
Thank you :hugs:

Spoiler

sending hugs to you. Can you not meet up with friends? They might help you feel better.

Spoiler

Have you considered calling on of those lines for incidents like this? It may be nice to get it all off the chest :hugs:
The worst kind of response to asking someone out is no response. :colonhash:

But oh well. Exams are finished, I got adequately drunk yesterday, and will get adequately drunk tonight too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Hey, if you ever need to PM me do! The worst thing in a situation like this is to keep everything bottled up inside. If you can't meet with your friends try Skyping them or texting them.

Original post by BeyondandAbove

But oh well. Exams are finished, I got adequately drunk yesterday, and will get adequately drunk tonight too.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. It's their loss. Great to have exams over isn't it. Just had my last exam this morning French, apart from the grammar section it went quite well. Hope you will enjoy Christmas in Germany (Only six days to Christmas in Germany!) no one does it better! :smile: Lebkuchen are the best, the decorations are way nicer and the Christmas markets are so beautiful! :santa3::snow::snowm::snowman2::snowman::heart:
Original post by Elphaba Thropp
Hey, if you ever need to PM me do! The worst thing in a situation like this is to keep everything bottled up inside. If you can't meet with your friends try Skyping them or texting them.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. It's their loss. Great to have exams over isn't it. Just had my last exam this morning French, apart from the grammar section it went quite well. Hope you will enjoy Christmas in Germany (Only six days to Christmas in Germany!) no one does it better! :smile: Lebkuchen are the best, the decorations are way nicer and the Christmas markets are so beautiful! :santa3::snow::snowm::snowman2::snowman::heart:

Six days to Christmas in Germany? Oh boy, we celebrate on the 24th (; three days of Christmas madness. I cannot wait for it to be over! Haha.
I'm just gonna go out with my camera and look for nice locations to shoot some pictures. Thanks! Glad your exam went well (:
I haven't actually planned to go to the Christmas market... well, this'll be a first. :-/ How are you celebrating Christmas?
Six days to Christmas in Germany? Oh boy, we celebrate on the 24th (; three days of Christmas madness. I cannot wait for it to be over! Haha.
I'm just gonna go out with my camera and look for nice locations to shoot some pictures. Thanks! Glad your exam went well (:
I haven't actually planned to go to the Christmas market... well, this'll be a first. :-/ How are you celebrating Christmas?

Yes, I know it's six days to Christmas in Germany including the rest of today. Or else I can't count which is quite likely. :colondollar:
Thanks, I was glad too, I was really stressed about it. I was so focused on my German exam up until yesterday that I didn't have the chance to cover all of my French course properly. Christmas is very ordinary at my house. (Go to mass on Christmas Eve, exchange presents on Christmas morning, eat dinner, sleep and watch TV. I can't wait to watch the Helene Fischer show on ZDF, she will be duetting with Take That! :biggrin:) I have lots of work to do over Christmas, still looking for a WG room for next semester and I must finish my DAAD scholarship research project outline. (If successful I will be able to spend a whole year studying in Leipzig. If not I am still doing a semester of Erasmus in Germany in Saarbrücken with my best friend so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out. :smile:)

What are you doing for Christmas and how did your exams go in general? :smile:
Yes, I know it's six days to Christmas in Germany including the rest of today. Or else I can't count which is quite likely. :colondollar:
Thanks, I was glad too, I was really stressed about it. I was so focused on my German exam up until yesterday that I didn't have the chance to cover all of my French course properly. Christmas is very ordinary at my house. (Go to mass on Christmas Eve, exchange presents on Christmas morning, eat dinner, sleep and watch TV. I can't wait to watch the Helene Fischer show on ZDF, she will be duetting with Take That! :biggrin:) I have lots of work to do over Christmas, still looking for a WG room for next semester and I must finish my DAAD scholarship research project outline. (If successful I will be able to spend a whole year studying in Leipzig. If not I am still doing a semester of Erasmus in Germany in Saarbrücken with my best friend so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out. :smile:)

What are you doing for Christmas and how did your exams go in general? :smile:

Leipzig is the new Berlin, apparently! I've never been, but I've got a friend who's from there and he told me this haha.
I never count today's day, I just go by the date and do sums haha.

I feel like I should know who Take That is.. But I'm having a brainfart moment here. What's your favourite thing about Germany/the German language?
Leipzig is the new Berlin, apparently! I've never been, but I've got a friend who's from there and he told me this haha.
I never count today's day, I just go by the date and do sums haha.

I feel like I should know who Take That is.. But I'm having a brainfart moment here. What's your favourite thing about Germany/the German language?

I was there for a day last Summer and loved it. I love Berlin too. I love Germany. Punkt/Full stop! :biggrin:

This is Take That. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43R3jIFE74 I'm not a massive fan of them but I like some of their songs. HUGE Helene Fischer fan though! Got a front of stage ticket to her concert next May in Dusseldorf! :smile: (Although Schlager is not normally my thing, I only listen to good Schlager ! :wink:) Robbie Williams used to be a member of this band. I know that Robbie is really popular in Germany. He even says that he wants to move there. Man after my own heart there! :wink:

That is such a difficult question to answer. I just adore Germany most of the nicest people that I have come across at Uni are Germans and I just fit in with them so easily. I have lots of German friends who I love because they are so genuine and not one bit fake.They are so friendly and nice. :smile: I love how German sounds and how it varies from region to region, the intonation in sentences, the culture (most of the TV and music I listen to is either in German or French). I just am looking forward to moving *hopefully* to Germany after my masters. :smile: (If I get the grades to get into my chosen masters. :s-smilie:) I have more to say about why I love Germany (and the other German speaking countries!) but I don't want to seem obsessed. (I think it's a bit late for that, oh well! :tongue:)
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwww! :hugs:

----------------------------------------

These holidays are going to be so depressing. Everyone's having fun and I'm shutting myself away and working my ass off for a 2:1 here. Should have worked harder in the second year lol.
Original post by jelly1000
sending hugs to you. Can you not meet up with friends? They might help you feel better.

Hey, if you ever need to PM me do! The worst thing in a situation like this is to keep everything bottled up inside. If you can't meet with your friends try Skyping them or texting them

I'm supposed to be meeting friends tomorrow but tbh I don't if I'll end up going or not. I'm definitely not going out drinking.

Original post by Slowbro93
Have you considered calling on of those lines for incidents like this? It may be nice to get it all off the chest :hugs:

I'd feel a bit silly tbh :frown: If blocking it out doesn't work I'll maybe give them a go, though. I've got nothing to lose
I'm supposed to be meeting friends tomorrow but tbh I don't if I'll end up going or not. I'm definitely not going out drinking.

I'd feel a bit silly tbh :frown: If blocking it out doesn't work I'll maybe give them a go, though. I've got nothing to lose

Meet up with your friends, it could make you feel better :smile:

Hope you're feeling better and karma gets your ex!
Im really struggling to revise for my exams, i just dont know how to revise :confused:. When looking over all my notes and the lecture slides, its like i dont remember any of it.. Im really starting to panic now.. Has anyone got any techniques that helps them revise?
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Meet up with your friends, it could make you feel better :smile:

Hope you're feeling better and karma gets your ex!

Taking everyone's advice on board, I'm going to :smile:. I'm not going to let him make me feel sad and sit in. I might bring some clothes with me anyway incase I decide to go out later, but that really depends on how I'm feeling, who's going and if he's going or not. CBA dealing with him today, he can **** off. He'll just be all 'omg im so sorry can we try again' and I'll want to fly kick him in the face.

Going to sod doing uni work today and go take ages getting ready and try to make me feel good about myself again, I don't want to get back into that depressive self loathing thing I had going on a few years ago, and it's Christmas next week. Also gonna buy the rest of my Christmas presents and hope that cheers me up a bit :awesome:

Again, thank you everyone for being so supportive, it's actually made me feel so much better about it and I really cannot thank you all enough. I love you all so so so much :suith:
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Im really struggling to revise for my exams, i just dont know how to revise :confused:. When looking over all my notes and the lecture slides, its like i dont remember any of it.. Im really starting to panic now.. Has anyone got any techniques that helps them revise?

The first thing is don't get stressed :smile: I find when I get stressed or have a panic attack, it ends up wasting hours at a time, so if you can avoid that, then that's a really good start.

Secondly, (I do English so it might not be much help), but I tend to just make really basic notes on everything I'm learning for the exam. Like literally just break it all down and make sure I have a really strong understanding of the basics. Then I go and read other articles and build up my argument or whatever you're doing.I also find essay plans are pretty useful because they help you structure your ideas into something coherent. If you're learning facts, flash cards can also be handy. I used those for when I had literature exams for quotes.

TBH just try and get a little done every day, even if it's just reading something and making short notes. Don't put too much pressure on yourself at the start or you'll work yourself into a tizzy and then you'll be not in the right frame of mind to work etc.

:hugs: oh, and have faith in yourself. You'll do amazingly and you've got more than enough time :smile: you can do it!
So yeah, revision isn't going well, by that I mean it'd absolutely non existent! I can't afford this set back, there is just SOOOOO much to do! I really can't bring myself to revise for my course anymore :redface:

Whats your degree and exam format? Tbh if you're freaking I would just take 10-15 mins to read through the lecture, get a feel for it. Come back to it tomorrow, spend a bit longer etc etc. Things make sense the more you look at them!
Okay, my revision starts now. Someone yell at me if you see me on here before 10 tonight

I just keep re-writing and condensing until I can get everything onto one side of A4 for each topic.

And then lots and lots of exam papers. Looking over notes is alright but practise papers does more good than a lot of people think
Taking everyone's advice on board, I'm going to :smile:. I'm not going to let him make me feel sad and sit in. I might bring some clothes with me anyway incase I decide to go out later, but that really depends on how I'm feeling, who's going and if he's going or not. CBA dealing with him today, he can **** off. He'll just be all 'omg im so sorry can we try again' and I'll want to fly kick him in the face.

Going to sod doing uni work today and go take ages getting ready and try to make me feel good about myself again, I don't want to get back into that depressive self loathing thing I had going on a few years ago, and it's Christmas next week. Also gonna buy the rest of my Christmas presents and hope that cheers me up a bit :awesome:

Again, thank you everyone for being so supportive, it's actually made me feel so much better about it and I really cannot thank you all enough. I love you all so so so much :suith:

Feel better soon! I know something like this can take a while... (heck, I had an awful experience a long time ago and it took me over a decade to finally be able to let go of it all, including the guilt I felt).
Don't ever take him back. but I doubt you will. He can go to hell. I hope he realised what he's done. Take your time to deal with all of this, meet up with friends, indulge in a new hobby or something, maybe call up one of those hotlines (I probably should have done that) - get it off your chest, deal with it, and then get it off your mind. I'll be here to listen if you need to.

_________
So I finally did get my reply, and it's a solid no. Thankfully I was quite drunk when I read it and had distractions around me, so I didn't get hung up about it. Hopefully the sadness will never hit me, but I think it will in the next few days. Eh. Nothing I can do about it now. I'll just spend some quality time with my camera outside the house.

I need to start packing. I'm flying home today, yay!
Today, I worked on my uni project and did a Facebook cull from around 300 friends down to 94. I actually feel a lot better once I've done them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest