The Student Room Group

Btec distinction* grade ucas help

I done btec level 2 health and social care. I got distinction* that is exactly what it says on my qualification.
But on ucas education section it says what grade did i get and i can select from the following options:
D*D*D
D*DD

Which one would i put for my grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Uni93
I done btec level 2 health and social care. I got distinction* that is exactly what it says on my qualification.
But on ucas education section it says what grade did i get and i can select from the following options:
D*D*D
D*DD

Which one would i put for my grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course does it say on your certificate, and what course have you selected on UCAS? It looks as though you have selected a different one.
Reply 2
It says Btec level 2 health and social care (previously first diploma) so ucas told me if u started the course after September 2010 that I should put it as Btec extended diploma because that's when they changed the name.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Uni93
It says Btec level 2 health and social care (previously first diploma) so ucas told me if u started the course after September 2010 that I should put it as Btec extended diploma because that's when they changed the name.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing there was some sort of miscommunication if UCAS told you to do that, as an Extended Diploma would result in three overall grades (as it shows in your original post). So unless you have three grades; you haven't done the Extended Diploma.

Edit: ensure that you've also selected the correct level of qualification.

This website may help outline the types of Level 2 qualification:
http://www.qac.ac.uk/courses/level-2-certificateextended-certificatediploma-in-health-and-social-care-qcf/65.htm#.VJRjVoAI8w
(edited 9 years ago)
Level 2 is equivalent to GCSEs and does not carry any UCAS points.
Reply 5
Original post by bamtutor
Level 2 is equivalent to GCSEs and does not carry any UCAS points.

Still should be declared though.
Original post by Davalla
Still should be declared though.

Sorry, forgot to say that. Still declare it, and grade will be D*,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending