The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I applied for Product Design & Technology and they just sent me an email inviting me to an Interview Day on the 4th of February. They said something about 'Submission of a pre-prepared design task.' Is this complusory? If yes, just wondering why I have to do this and what should it be based on? Thanks.
Ike.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 141
Applied for Air Transport Management, still waiting for an offer but it would be nice to hear from my air transport buddies out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Klauds
I would just like to know, do you give offers to applicants as you get the UCAS applications or do you wait for everyone to apply? as I'm waiting to hear back about 'social policy and criminology' course at Loughborough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Klauds
No we make offers as we go along. Some departments may do them in batches and have 1 day a week where they do them, others do them as they come in.

Vicky
Reply 143
Got an offer the very same day, bizarre or what

Absolutely buzzing, and have already received an invite to a post application day in February.
Congrats on your offer porterr :biggrin:
Reply 145
Hi, I sent my UCAS application nearly a month ago for the Textiles: Innovation and Design course at Loughborough. I haven't heard anything yet about whether the department would like me to come to an interview. I was wondering if this is normal? Do they wait until January before sending interview invitations?
Hi L1997

When you say you've submitted it do you mean via your school?
I know some schools are taking ages to forward it on.

If you want to, you can contact Arts directly the person you need to talk to is Becky and her number is 01509 228 922. Have your UCAS ID handy as she'll need this to check.

Hope this helps.
Vicky
Reply 147
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi L1997

When you say you've submitted it do you mean via your school?
I know some schools are taking ages to forward it on.

If you want to, you can contact Arts directly the person you need to talk to is Becky and her number is 01509 228 922. Have your UCAS ID handy as she'll need this to check.

Hope this helps.
Vicky

Hi Vicky,

Yes by submit I mean my school sent it off. I received an email from Loughborough a couple of days later saying they received my application but I have heard nothing since..

Thank you for the contact details.
No problem L1997
Give Becky a call, she'll be happy to help.
Vicky
Reply 149
Hi Vicky
I have just applied for a chemical engineering degree and was wondering whether loughborough university give back some replies during the christmas holidays?
I got a interview day with no offer, I couldn't make the day and haven't heard anything since. Anyone been in the same situation?
Reply 151
anyone got an economics or economics with something offer yet? i need this offer so much, loughborough is my first choiceso im patiently waiting :s the sports there are crazy aswell which is why i want to go

sent my application off on the 25th of november, still waiting :frown:(
Reply 152
Will Loughborough admissions teams be rejecting or sending out offers over the next couple of weeks or will it be in the new year applications will be responded to. Specifically for computer science, as Loughborough is my to choice its the one I am really waiting for.
Original post by muki183
Hi Vicky
I have just applied for a chemical engineering degree and was wondering whether loughborough university give back some replies during the christmas holidays?

Hi muki183
There are a people here until Christmas Eve, but after that it's a campus wide shut down until 5th Jan.
So if you don't hear by Wednesday lunchtime, it'll be in the New Year.

Vicky
Original post by Harryp642
I got a interview day with no offer, I couldn't make the day and haven't heard anything since. Anyone been in the same situation?

Hi Harryp642

We never just offer 1 interview date - there are always a couple of dates to choose from at least, many departments offer more.

In your position, I'd contact the department by phone and talk to someone. Worth checking your junk/spam e-mail folder or if you've inadvertently blocked them as a sender, anything they try to send won't get through either.

If you let me know the department, I can give you the number.

Vicky
Original post by d.s.96
anyone got an economics or economics with something offer yet? i need this offer so much, loughborough is my first choiceso im patiently waiting :s the sports there are crazy aswell which is why i want to go

sent my application off on the 25th of november, still waiting :frown:(

Hi d.s.96
You can contact the admissions team directly if you want to. Best person to call is Charlotte Connor and her number is 01509 223 393.

Vicky
Original post by Alex_97
Will Loughborough admissions teams be rejecting or sending out offers over the next couple of weeks or will it be in the new year applications will be responded to. Specifically for computer science, as Loughborough is my to choice its the one I am really waiting for.

Hi Alex_97
We close Christmas Eve and re-open on Monday 5th Jan. So if you don't here anything before Wednesday, it'll be in the New Year I'm afraid.

Vicky
Hey, I've applied for computer science and artificial intelligence but I'm a bit worried about my predicted grades. They are based off of last year's grades but I have extenuating circumstances that prevented me from doing my best.

How do I go about letting the computer science admissions team know about this?
Original post by Princepieman
Hey, I've applied for computer science and artificial intelligence but I'm a bit worried about my predicted grades. They are based off of last year's grades but I have extenuating circumstances that prevented me from doing my best.

How do I go about letting the computer science admissions team know about this?

Hi Princepieman

Give them a call and explain. They may want you to put it in writing too, but the admissions team in comp sci are really nice so I'd phone them in the 1st instance.

You need to speak to Ian Murray - he's in today, so you should be able to catch him before Christmas break. His number is 01509 223068.

Hope that helps
Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Princepieman

Give them a call and explain. They may want you to put it in writing too, but the admissions team in comp sci are really nice so I'd phone them in the 1st instance.

You need to speak to Ian Murray - he's in today, so you should be able to catch him before Christmas break. His number is 01509 223068.

Hope that helps
Vicky

Thanks, that really helps! I'll give him a call soon.

Quick Reply

Latest