The Student Room Group

Universidad Europea de Madrid/Valencia

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Chelseamae
You basically just call up and arrange an interview which you can do over skype. Application opening date is jan 1st. They are very helpful over the phone so I strongly suggest you do that

Ok thanks I will definitely get in touch with then, is the interview hard?
So you are defiantly going there in September? Are you worried about learning Spanish?
Reply 21
Original post by Yo.123
Ok thanks I will definitely get in touch with then, is the interview hard?
So you are defiantly going there in September? Are you worried about learning Spanish?

Apparently it is relatively informal, and there are no academic tests. I already got an A at higher Spanish and visit Spain quite alot, so instead of being worried I am really excited to learn more and hopefully become fluent! And yes I am definitely going, visiting this month to make sure I like the area and to look at accomodation before I commit to anything
Reply 22
Apparently it is relatively informal, and there are no academic tests. I already got an A at higher Spanish and visit Spain quite alot, so instead of being worried I am really excited to learn more and hopefully become fluent! And yes I am definitely going, visiting this month to make sure I like the area and to look at accomodation before I commit to anything

That's cool. Yh tell me what it's like out there when you go. Is it hard to pick up Spanish? that's my real concern, as you said its taught in English the 5 years but communicating to patients in Spanish worries me lol
Reply 23
Original post by Yo.123
That's cool. Yh tell me what it's like out there when you go. Is it hard to pick up Spanish? that's my real concern, as you said its taught in English the 5 years but communicating to patients in Spanish worries me lol

I did it for 5 years at school but i'd say it is easy compared to french and german. Don't worry about it. Once you are immersed in the language you will pick it up in no time.
Reply 24
Is it possible to tell me the person you got in touch with. Maybe their email address or phone number if you still have it, I'm thinking of heading out there in the new year.
Reply 25
Original post by Yo.123
Is it possible to tell me the person you got in touch with. Maybe their email address or phone number if you still have it, I'm thinking of heading out there in the new year.

I called the university and spoke to a guy called pablo x
Reply 26
Hi did you have to do an admissions test after you sent your application off? I got in touch with that Pablo guy but he never responded lol. Maybe he's away for Christmas holidays.
Reply 27
He's not, i was with him yesterday! There are no real tests. Just an interview and like a behavioural one, and an english test. It is absolutely incredible, the university and its facilities
Reply 28
Lol I will call him then and discuss things I reckon. Its good that you think the uni and the facilities are good. How was the area and was the interview challenging?
Fees and actually about £10k not 14 and I hav just been offered a place for dentistry at UEM Valencia for sept 2015 😊
Any Q's I am happy to help ... Reply or DM me !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I am visiting the campus in Valencia a the moment and I am definatly going in September to! Hav been trying to find more people in our position ... I am so excited ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied to Universidad Europea de Madrid to do a master's.

Anyone else applying there? Or even studies there and knows what the uni's like at all?
Anyone going to UEM Valencia for dentistry at the moment?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by ahcambridge97
hi ... is there anyone out there that doesnt want to live in the universities "campus accommodation" (a building that houses some people from lots of different unis ... not actually specifically for UEM)... as i looked around it and i didnt particularly like it or think it was very social and thought it was quite over priced ... so i am thinking about trying to find someone else that is doing dentistry in english at UEM Valencia in 2015/16 to share an appartment with, as from what i have seen it will be cheaper and probably more fun!! so if there is anyone out there ... please feel free to reply or PM me ? Thank you and good luck to everyone that is applying!! :smile:

I'm looking for someone who wants to do the same but in Madrid :smile:
Hi there,

I am deciding whether I should go to UEM Madrid for dentistry for the coming September? Anyone out there in the same position as me? I am a final year student in Uni of Nottingham as well

Thank you so much!
Reply 35
Yh Ive had a couple interviews for dentistry here but got rejected from one and still have one more to go but I'm going to apply as a backup to UEM. I'm going to go over there in a few weeks to check the place out. Also I maybe able to go straight into second year because I have covered nearly all the the first year modules, which is good. Have you already applied to dentistry this year?
yeah I am also looking at dentistry in UEM for this September for UEM Madrid. And I might also go over to check out the school just to make sure everything is up to date. But still a bit confused with the application process. How did you apply for the UEM Madrid?
Reply 37
I havnt applied yet I've just done my final year exams at uni. I'm speaking to this guy called Pablo and he's pointing me in the right direction
Reply 38
I am applying for a placement at Madrid. Got an interview booked for the February half term.
Does anyone have an info on what the admissions test are like or even The Interview?

Also, is the course for the 5 years in English? The university said it was. But the course content said year 4 and 5 are in Spanish?? I know clinical is in Spanish.
Reply 39
Has anyone confirmed UEM Madrid dentistry and is starting in September?

Quick Reply

Latest