The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
The obvious solution to all this is just to get Hart :tongue:

Inb4 Willy slaps you FF lot in the face.
Original post by ..DT..
Your back 5 is pretty similar to a lot of people, I would leave that as it is for now.
In my opinion (but I'm no expert) having Downing, Sig and Ameobi leaves you short in midfield right now. I think 2.6 could turn sig into Eriksen, which would probably strengthen up your midfield right now.

Original post by sr90
Leave Elliot alone, there's no point wasting a transfer on your 4.0 keeper because he's never going to play.

Your double Southampton defence has to go. It's not worth the investment anymore as they're in poor form and have tough fixtures. Up to you which one you get rid of but i'd fix that sooner rather than later.

Anything else is just a sideways move really. E.g. Fab > Hazard/Toure, Lukaku > Rooney, Austin > Bony or Giroud. Entirely up to you, there's noone who you can say urgently needs to be removed. Might be worth picking up a Man City player due to their favourable fixtures.

Original post by Gob Bluth
Eriksen, Man City defender.

Clyne/Ash Williams out for Man City defender. Doubling up on Southampton is not worth value. Man City have a good fixture list and are keeping more CS atm, especially with Aguero gone. Doubling up on them is something I'm considering with Demi and Clichy.

Is Sammy under 5.0? If not get rid of him for someone like Lucas.

Eriksen is a better shout than Sigs atm. Eriksen is fantastic value as well really for his stats over this and last season too.

Thanks guys! (y) I think i'll go for a Man City defender. Already used my free transfer though to bring in John Terry as i had an injury to my back 4.

Sammy Ameobi is 4.5m

Downing has been performing well the past few weeks points wise. & with Andy Carroll back fit he'll be putting more crosses into the box (& taking corners)

Sigurdsson is the only other real threat Swansea have other than Bony. I'll see what happens this weekend then bring a man city defender in. Probs for Clyne. (I have him benched this week and Forster starting so i'm not doubling up in my x11 at least)
I need to replace Trippier since Burnley have some brutal fixtures. Not sure which defender to bring in though. Got up to 6.2mil but happier spending like 5mil.
teams back to looking healthy again now after last week... need a good captain choice though, as pelle sunk me last week, and took me from an average week down to a bad one..
Original post by fallen_acorns
teams back to looking healthy again now after last week... need a good captain choice though, as pelle sunk me last week, and took me from an average week down to a bad one..

I can't see anyone scoring huge this week, but I fancy sanchez for a goal or a couple of asissts.
Most of my team has horrendous fixtures this week, only 4 players out of my 15 are at home!

You'd expect City to easily beat Palace though so i'll probably stick in on Toure.
Original post by fallen_acorns

I think i am going to take a risk amd go with Austin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
I think i am going to take a risk amd go with Austin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems a good choice given his and QPR's home form

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really stuck for captain choice this week. Not sure whether to go with Austin or Eriksen or maybe even Alexis :frown:
Original post by I_Like_Maths
Really stuck for captain choice this week. Not sure whether to go with Austin or Eriksen or maybe even Alexis :frown:

Yea me too. I don't really see Costa and Yaya getting huge scores but then Kane and Sanchez could get nothing or loads of points..

****ing hell I'm actually tempted to go with Downing!
(edited 9 years ago)
Not a great time to bring in Clichy. Not even on the bench.
:redface:

Disaster averted
Original post by Zerforax
Yea me too. I don't really see Costa and Yaya getting huge scores but then Kane and Sanchez could get nothing or loads of points..

****ing hell I'm actually tempted to go with Downing!

I think Downing is a great pick for this week considering how poor Leicester have been recently and I still think Yaya will do ok today I think he will bag.

I decided in the end to go with Austin just because he will hopefully score at least one where as Alexis is a bit more of a gamble but just because I chose Austin over Alexis now Alexis will now score a hat trick or something along them lines.
Went with Sanchez (c)
Original post by Isometrix
Went with Sanchez (c)

I commend your bravery, Who are your forwards?
Original post by I_Like_Maths
I commend your bravery, Who are your forwards?

I didn't view it as much of a risk. There's a reason he's the highest points scorer in the league, and pretty much the heart of Arsenal's attack. Liverpool are a shambles at the moment and have just played midweek whereas Arsenal are fresh. This could all go horribly wrong though :redface:

I have Costa, Rooney and Kane.
Why are Palace standing off Toure on the edge of the box? They're playing well but that's ****ing dumb and it looks inevitable he'll score if they continue that
Original post by little_wizard123
Suddenly taking penalties because the ref has Toure (c) doesn't rally constitute 'form'. Ramsey and Toure will never get close to their form last season in terms of FPL returns, go with Silva over Toure at his price.

Hope ya'll listened to me.
No Sigurdsson or Bony

Posted from TSR Mobile
No Clichy and no Sigurdsson, ****ing hell i'm only just able to field an XI this week.

January WC can't come soon enough.

Quick Reply

Latest