The Student Room Group

Will RS be any good?

So I want to go into medicine and my subject choices are Biology, Chemistry, RS(Philosophy and Ethics) and Maths (AS). Are these any good?

I was considering taking up latin but baring in mind my GCSEs are in 6 months I don't know if I have enough time. But I heard latin is really good for medicine?
If you're doing the philosophy and ethics units for RS then go for it! (NB: I am biased), when I picked my A-levels I chose it just because I needed a fourth one and loved it, I'm now doing philosophy at uni in September. It's really interesting and a lot of it is actually relevant to medicine. If you do the same spec as we did, there are whole units on abortion and euthanasia, cloning, ivf and at A2 a unit on medical ethics. Aside from that it's really interesting generally :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by NinjaNicky
If you're doing the philosophy and ethics units for RS then go for it! (NB: I am biased), when I picked my A-levels I chose it just because I needed a fourth one and loved it, I'm now doing philosophy at uni in September. It's really interesting and a lot of it is actually relevant to medicine. If you do the same spec as we did, there are whole units on abortion and euthanasia, cloning, ivf and at A2 a unit on medical ethics. Aside from that it's really interesting generally :smile:

Thank you that helped

Quick Reply

Latest