The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

3-0 up away at Cardiff. Wot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jangrafess
3-0 up away at Cardiff. Wot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Messy, you almost threw it away. Still, 3 points propels you to 3rd. Brentford are 3rd, lets just take a minute to let that sink in.

Expecting little to nothing at Forest. Happy with a draw. Depends which team turns up, the one that rolls over to any kind of attacking pressure, or the composed passing team that beat table-toppers Derby a few weeks ago.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Messy, you almost threw it away. Still, 3 points propels you to 3rd. Brentford are 3rd, lets just take a minute to let that sink in.

Expecting little to nothing at Forest. Happy with a draw. Depends which team turns up, the one that rolls over to any kind of attacking pressure, or the composed passing team that beat table-toppers Derby a few weeks ago.

Yep, we got very nervy. I'm very happy to let it sink in.
a very happy Bluenose tonight :biggrin: looking forward to Derby at home, sure it'll be a good challenge.
Super Danny, although a ref may have robbed us again, hard to tell from the replays. Still a 90th min equaliser is never to be looked at badly!

Bournemouth, Ipswich & Brentford - you are what makes this league great.
Battering for Sheffield Wednesday today by Fulham
Good performance from Norwich today, and a deserved point against Derby. Was definitely worth the trip.
Holy **** Bournemouth and MK Dons.
Forest and Fryatt robbed by the officials
If Bournemouth go up, they'll be my favourite promoted club ever. They may eclipse Blackpool.
Original post by Mackay
If Bournemouth go up, they'll be my favourite promoted club ever. They may eclipse Blackpool.

I remember when they started the season in League Two in administration on minus 17 points . This could only have been like 5 years ago. Remarkable and it just goes to show that it's still possible to rise through the leagues.

Is their ground Premier League standard though? It only holds 12,000 people. Maybe they'll have to share with Southampton/Portsmouth.
Where are the hudd town fans !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
Where are the hudd town fans !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There aren't any, just like yesterday! :biggrin:
Original post by sr90
I remember when they started the season in League Two in administration on minus 17 points . This could only have been like 5 years ago. Remarkable and it just goes to show that it's still possible to rise through the leagues.

Is their ground Premier League standard though? It only holds 12,000 people. Maybe they'll have to share with Southampton/Portsmouth.

Eibar with a football ground smaller than several English non-league clubs are allowed to be in the same league as Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Original post by Mackay
Holy **** Bournemouth and MK Dons.

Indeed - only a point off top with a game in hand for MK Dons now. :biggrin:
Original post by sr90

I think there have been grounds not much bigger. Vicarage Road only did 17000, don't think Craven Cottage and frat ton Park stored many more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Hell of an atmosphere if they go up. Great away day for PL teams, too. Bournemouth is a lovely place.
Original post by Hooby
There aren't any, just like yesterday! :biggrin:

Lol, great win btw mate. You know why im happy:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IMBCFC
Lol, great win btw mate. You know why im happy:biggrin:

Thanks and is it cos you've got Millwall in the cup? :biggrin:
I can imagine IMBCFC and Hooby's conversation happening irl

Quick Reply

Latest