The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Master219
I sent this request on the 26 Nov and they replied yesterday so 16 working days. Then on the same day (26 Nov) they sent me the receipt for FOI request saying:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request below, made under the Freedom of Information Act. As you may know, the College must respond to your request within twenty working days of receipt of your request, and sooner if possible.

So if its an FOI request thats within 20 working days they must respond and i think if they cant do it that quickly then they ask u to cut it down (like they did to me). 20 working days is most likely 4 weeks (mon-fri i think is meant by working day so...)

But as i mentioned they had to keep emailing me in between to edit the request because it would take too long haha.

Thank you for your help! :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by RR97
Thank you for your help! :smile:

My honour :smile:
Do you think people in WP band who are offered interviews likely to get an offer?

Worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweetlemon
Do you think people in WP band who are offered interviews likely to get an offer?

Worried

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess they wouldnt be interviewed if they werent likely to get an offer. If Imperial interview u, there is a pretty good chance ull get an offer (like 65-75%) so I would say yes.

Dont worry, relax! I know its easier said that done but not much u can do now tbh anyways so u shouldnt eat ur brains about it :smile:
I guess they wouldnt be interviewed if they werent likely to get an offer. If Imperial interview u, there is a pretty good chance ull get an offer (like 65-75%) so I would say yes.

Dont worry, relax! I know its easier said that done but not much u can do now tbh anyways so u shouldnt eat ur brains about it :smile:

Thank you! I know I shouldn't worry but it's the first uni to give me an interview so I feel like there's a lot riding on it!
Thank you! I know I shouldn't worry but it's the first uni to give me an interview so I feel like there's a lot riding on it!

Congratulations btw!! When is it?

Yh i know what u mean (i had a cambridge interview and it was disgusting lol) so its my first proper interview as well haha.
Congratulations btw!! When is it?

Yh i know what u mean (i had a cambridge interview and it was disgusting lol) so its my first proper interview as well haha.

Thank you! It's on 4th of Februaury; what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! It's on 4th of Februaury; what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When i was booking mine, it was packed so the earliest day there was, so the one i booked, was 3rd March...
Anyways, gd luck! :smile:
When i was booking mine, it was packed so the earliest day there was, so the one i booked, was 3rd March...
Anyways, gd luck! :smile:

You too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by igor_karkaroff
Just received a conditional offer for Imperial; AAAC! Had my interview yesterday and received it this morning. Anyone else?? :smile:

hey thats great that your interview went well! what questions did they ask you?
Does everyone get the typical AAAC offer when they study 4 subjects?
And whats the case if you're doing 5 A-levels?
Original post by Cosmocos
Does everyone get the typical AAAC offer when they study 4 subjects?
And whats the case if you're doing 5 A-levels?

it is the same AAAC offer. but you have to include biology and chemistry.
So do you think that the bmat average has fallen this year?
Original post by MissMedical
So do you think that the bmat average has fallen this year?

Imo, ever so slightly yh. But not by much i think, maybe the standard of applicants to imperial has dropped a bit.
Original post by DCMed96
it is the same AAAC offer. but you have to include biology and chemistry.

Can the C be in any subject?
Original post by Cosmocos
Can the C be in any subject?

Funnily, yes they didn't specify any subject... so theoretically i could get a C in chemistry/biology.. which is lol
Reply 496
Imo, ever so slightly yh. But not by much i think, maybe the standard of applicants to imperial has dropped a bit.

Yeah I'm confused as to why they're interviewing those with below 4.5 in sections 1 and 2. Last year receiving below 4.6 meant an automatic rejection.
Have they just decided to take a more holistic approach like UCL or like you said, has the average of those applying just dropped dramatically??? Is there even a cut off for BMAT anymore?
Original post by liass
Yeah I'm confused as to why they're interviewing those with below 4.5 in sections 1 and 2. Last year receiving below 4.6 meant an automatic rejection.
Have they just decided to take a more holistic approach like UCL or like you said, has the average of those applying just dropped dramatically??? Is there even a cut off for BMAT anymore?

They may have like amazing other grades, like one person that got an interview with v low bmats had 6 a levels completed! (A*A*A*AAA!! thats like someones GCSE's lol). But i think that standard of applicants to imperial may have fallen alot, i think cut off is lower this yr too because of that (and the fact that the avg for BMAT generally has fallen). It is surprising but according to that table that i posted earlier along with the spreadsheet, it showed that people with below the cut off (i.e. Band 4) did get interviews so...
Reply 498
They may have like amazing other grades, like one person that got an interview with v low bmats had 6 a levels completed! (A*A*A*AAA!! thats like someones GCSE's lol). But i think that standard of applicants to imperial may have fallen alot, i think cut off is lower this yr too because of that (and the fact that the avg for BMAT generally has fallen). It is surprising but according to that table that i posted earlier along with the spreadsheet, it showed that people with below the cut off (i.e. Band 4) did get interviews so...

I just find it really weird they've changed it so suddenly and without telling us this year. And the introduction of a Band 4?!?!?
But everyone knows Imperial is a good medical uni- so I doubt those without good grades would apply? The BMAT averages have supposedly fallen this year according to the graphs on the BMAT results sheet.
IDK what is going on.

EDIT: Just looked at the previous document. If they interview 69% of Band 2 (I was in Band 2) and 59% of Band 3, does that mean more people have interviews than previous years or just more people did worse in BMAT this year than last year, so interview numbers will still stay the same?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 499
Hmm although having a look at that spreadsheet again, it seems they have started putting A LOT of emphasis on predicted grades this year. There are a lot of A*A*A*s and A*A*As predicted for those with interviews. So potentially predicted grades are now above BMAT in their selection criteria?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending