The Student Room Group

None of my friends remembered my birthday, do I have the right to be upset?

Hey, so it's my birthday today (20th!) and literally none of my friends remembered. I feel pretty hurt as I've always remembered theirs, yet nobody remembered mine. I get that some people just forget and are bad with dates, but I still feel a little disappointed. What to do?

A few of them are quite close friends and others not as close. I haven't got Facebook but I have told them in casual conversation before.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hey, so it's my birthday today (20th!) and literally none of my friends remembered. I feel pretty hurt as I've always remembered theirs, yet nobody remembered mine. I get that some people just forget and are bad with dates, but I still feel a little disappointed. What to do?

A few of them are quite close friends and others not as close. I haven't got Facebook but I have told them in casual conversation before.

They don't sound like very good/close friends. how long have you known them for?
Reply 2
Original post by Lionheart96
They don't sound like very good/close friends. how long have you known them for?

One of them for 5 years, the others varying between 2-3.
Reply 3
I forget birthdays all the time hell i even forgot my sisters. They probably aren't doing it to spite you. I can remember my birthday and that's about it. Generally when it is my birthday or near i will bang on about it so it is engrained into their minds but other than that i don't expect people to remember
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday! :smile: Don't worry, you're not the only one, I had mine last month and no-one remembered either :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by starlight4711
Happy birthday!

Original post by M00nlight
Happy Birthday! :smile: Don't worry, you're not the only one, I had mine last month and no-one remembered either :frown:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
No one keeps diaries of peoples birthdays anymore. Skype, facebook etc does it for you. Can't really blame 'em. I remember back at school, everyone would remember when my birthday was (although I'm a twin so it was twice as easy), now the only people who remember are people who's birthdays are within a few days of mine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Happy Birthday! :smile:
There is still time for your birthday yet, so don't give up all hope :smile: I once thought my friend forgot mine but she just text me late in the day
If they are girls then you should be furious. If they are guys you shouldn't be too angry. I mean I forgot my 15th birthday because I was too busy playing gta

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Happy Birthday! :smile: Are they relatively new friends? If so, try not to get too annoyed, a birthday is an easily forgettable date - it's only 1 day out of 364 others lol. Sorry for your friends :frown:

p.s. It's my birthday too - most people forget ours since it's so near Christmas
Original post by Ndella
Happy Birthday! :smile: Are they relatively new friends? If so, try not to get too annoyed, a birthday is an easily forgettable date - it's only 1 day out of 364 others lol. Sorry for your friends :frown:

p.s. It's my birthday too - most people forget ours since it's so near Christmas

I wouldn't say they're new. I've known one of them for 5 years and the others varying from 2-3 and Thank You! Happy Birthday to you too :smile:
Firstly Happy Birthday!:smile: Secondly, it depends on whether they've celebrated your birthday with you before and if so then surely they should remember the month? However, it's usual for people to be forgetful and it's difficult to be constantly conscious of all your friends birthdays. I think you shouldn't worry about it or be to angry, it's not like they can reverse time, forgive them and don't take it personally.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn't say they're new. I've known one of them for 5 years and the others varying from 2-3 and Thank You! Happy Birthday to you too :smile:

Oh sorry about that :frown: they don't sound like good friends at all. But I'm sure you have a family who will want to celebrate with you - they're more important at the end of the day
ive been friends with my current friends for years and they forgot my birthday this year but its not like i remembered theirs, tbh does it really matter? birthdays mean less and less as you get older and unless you make it really well known odds are a lot of people will forget
Reply 15
Happy Birthday!!! You definitely have the right to be upset - and I would milk it for all its worth :wink:

Mind you, if you don't discuss it much and you don't have Facebook, they might just not know.
Reply 16
Happy Birthday :smile:

Sorry to hear that, I personally don't celebrate my birthdays at all if that helps you.
i would be pissed about the friend who's known you for 5 years, the others not so much. i've forgotten a few of my friends' birthdays tbh, i usually have to go on fb or ask someone else to be reminded, i usually know the month roughly but not the exact day.
Reply 18
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :smile:

Don't worry too much about it! This has happened to many people before, celebrate with your family and have a good time!!

p.s. LOL at least your birthday isn't on April fools day! :frown: it's the worst loool
Happy birthday OP! Cheer up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending