The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
To be fair it's not a bad time to play it, you can pick players for the short term rather than the long term. Potential for a huge points haul.

My team probably didn't justify it at all, probably more of the annoyance of having no City coverage and captaining RVP made it feel awful. Although I see I'm not the only one :wink:

Risk is basing basing my team too much on the players who scored this week but not the best long term transfers, hopefully avoid that. Then when Aguero is back hopefully I'll be able to use my Jan wildcard near the end of Jan to get him back :smile:
Reply 3841
i have 15 points with 4 to play oh lawd
Original post by Zerforax
Well I realised Clyne is coming in for Clichy with 6 points so that's not too bad.

That's not too bad then, I was not expecting Clyne to get me a clean sheet at all.
Original post by I_Like_Maths
That's not too bad then, I was not expecting Clyne to get me a clean sheet at all.

He got 2 bonus points too!

55 points with Cahill, Costa and Sanchez to play. I think that's a decent score so far. Need Costa not to score too many since many have him captained.
Original post by Zerforax
He got 2 bonus points too!

55 points with Cahill, Costa and Sanchez to play. I think that's a decent score so far. Need Costa not to score too many since many have him captained.

You're doing fairly decent then, I'm on 52 with 5 players left so far.
I really need a good game from Sanchez and Welbeck tomorrow:tongue:
Original post by I_Like_Maths
You're doing fairly decent then, I'm on 52 with 5 players left so far.
I really need a good game from Sanchez and Welbeck tomorrow:tongue:

Those who captained Austin will rocket up.
****ed up today. Thought I'd go for a differential and made Bony captain. Took out Chadli because he wasn't starting and today he starts and now Siggy is injured. 33 points with Hazard, Sterling, Azpi and Costa still to play

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
33pts from 4 players, can't complain.

Just realised Downing's next two games are Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H) so I think that transfer is on hold for now.

You've bottled it tbf, didn't know the crumble would start before xmas :redface:
Original post by Isometrix
You've bottled it tbf, didn't know the crumble would start before xmas :redface:

75% of my team haven't played yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
75% of my team haven't played yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but your captains already played and you don't have many differentials over the guys who've overtaken you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm up to first in this league atm, thanks to Austin (C) and my Silva transfer paying off. Also first in the QPR global league :smile:
So glad Siggy didn't play after I left Austin on the bench.
Thought about captaining Austin but didn't think he would do too much. At least he was in the starting eleven.
Pantilmon on the bench ffs!
Pantsman was practically an FPL cheat at 4.4ml. Clean sheet, 2BPS and 2 saves points. What a giant amongst men.

last 8 games.

awesome
(edited 9 years ago)
Was not expecting Pants to get me 10points!

Still have 5 players left (effectively 3 as everyone has Costa/Sanchez).
Does this mean I should put Pants in my team? Not to get the points but to stop others getting them. Every keeper in form if I switch to them suddenly lose all form/get injured.
47pts with my 3 Chelsea players left, been a **** week regardless but looking at the Boxing Day fixtures i'm not worried.
25 points with 4 players to play doing terrible.

These past couple of GWs my Sat 3pm players were doing terrible overall.
Original post by sr90
47pts with my 3 Chelsea players left, been a **** week regardless but looking at the Boxing Day fixtures i'm not worried.

weren't most of your players away this week?

I picked up 51 (-4) with the three (moreorless redundant) chelsea to play. A decent week considering 9 of my players were away. 9 or 10 home players and Eriksen away at Leicester next week. First time i've looked at my team in months and decided to sit on the free transfer.

Just 30 or so points off the top-10 squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Now watch me crap the bed.

Quick Reply

Latest