The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h_lumb1
Yes I am ...They said in 3 weeks of the date if the interview we will get a reply and that is today. So im constantly refreshing my emails now :L

I went to BCU 2 weeks ago (8th December) and they firstly said they would try and get offers out before Christmas, but said it may be early / mid January. I was hoping they might send out all the offers from the 1st and 8th together (as there were only 6 of us at the 8th) I notice from last years thread people got replies after about 10 days so maybe today will be the day. Good luck to all waiting!
Hi all, I am applying for Birmingham City University for the 3 year under grad course in speech therapy. I have already undertaken a full degree in English language and linguistics, where I obtained a 2:1. I found my modules in psycholingustics and phonology fascinating, so I really hope I get a place at BCU for Sept. I've just sent off my application today and I am very, very nervous :smile: Are there any other applicants with a degree? Im worried that it will be against me having a degree, but hopefully not!

Aimee x
Reply 722
Original post by h_lumb1
Yes I am ...They said in 3 weeks of the date if the interview we will get a reply and that is today. So im constantly refreshing my emails now :L

So am I!! I'm so nervous! I hope we get to know before Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 723
Original post by shropshirelass51
I went to BCU 2 weeks ago (8th December) and they firstly said they would try and get offers out before Christmas, but said it may be early / mid January. I was hoping they might send out all the offers from the 1st and 8th together (as there were only 6 of us at the 8th) I notice from last years thread people got replies after about 10 days so maybe today will be the day. Good luck to all waiting!

Ahh good luck!! Well I had mine on the 1st so today is the 3 week mark so fingers crossed!! It would make sense to sent the 1st and 8th out together!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 724
Original post by aimeen93
Hi all, I am applying for Birmingham City University for the 3 year under grad course in speech therapy. I have already undertaken a full degree in English language and linguistics, where I obtained a 2:1. I found my modules in psycholingustics and phonology fascinating, so I really hope I get a place at BCU for Sept. I've just sent off my application today and I am very, very nervous :smile: Are there any other applicants with a degree? Im worried that it will be against me having a degree, but hopefully not!

Aimee x

When I went there for an interview they said they look at everybody equally and it is purely based on the performance at the interview as to if you get a place. Unlike some places, I don't think they look back at your personal statement/ past grade etc because that is what got you to the interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aimee x

I have a first degree and a MA and got an interview at BCU earlier in the month, so it definately doesn't count against you.
Original post by shropshirelass51
I have a first degree and a MA and got an interview at BCU earlier in the month, so it definately doesn't count against you.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Thats great, an MA as well, thats awesome. What are your disciplines in? Did they ask you anything about your degree at all? or was it the generic written interview that everyone has?

Aimee x
Thank you, Higlet. I feel more at ease now!

Aimee x

Reply 728
Thank you, Higlet. I feel more at ease now!

Aimee x

You're welcome! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much for getting back to me. Thats great, an MA as well, thats awesome. What are your disciplines in? Did they ask you anything about your degree at all? or was it the generic written interview that everyone has?

Aimee x

It was a written interview with general questions about SLT. My first degree is in social science and my MA is in Early Childhood as I used to be an early years teacher.
That's cool, all very relevant then and the experience with children will put you in good stead. Do you know if you've been accepted yet?
Aimee
That's cool, all very relevant then and the experience with children will put you in good stead. Do you know if you've been accepted yet?
Aimee

No, still waiting. I had the interview two weeks ago and didn't do as well as I should have, so not that hopeful.
Original post by JordanC55
Are there any other guys applying for SaLT? I know there must be some out there but this forum seems predominantly female haha! Also, what type of work experience do people have?

There are 4 guys at MMU this year
Good luck to all waiting for BCU responses (and other replies).
Original post by JordanC55
Are there any other guys applying for SaLT? I know there must be some out there but this forum seems predominantly female haha! Also, what type of work experience do people have?

I'm a guy applying for the 2015 cycle so you're not the only one buddy 😊

I work in schools and colleges as a welfare officer so I have a bit of experience of working with children.
UEA said they'd let us know within 3 weeks and it was 3 weeks ago tomorrow.. hmm
Reply 736
Just got a conditional offer from bcu !!!
Well done, great Christmas present!
Original post by h_lumb1
Just got a conditional offer from bcu !!!

Congratulations! :smile: So have I!!
Reply 739
Original post by rhimair
Congratulations! :smile: So have I!!

Well done!!! Its my first offer and im so happy right now :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest