The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

I have absolutely NO idea for Film and Television portfolio

I am enormously struggling to see what exactly a portfolio for Film and Television course need to contain.
As the website writes the department is not looking for a film but a show reel of ideas, I'm having confusions on what the show reel's requirements are. And due to the fact that I'm living in a third world country without any artistic expertise around to assist me, I'm having serious troubles in understanding the content of the portfolio by myself.

What needs to be in there? Do they want any sketchbooks along with the show reel? And Why the hell can't I find any examples on google and not even on Youtube??? Atleast ONE example or guideline would be do me so much.

PLEASE HELP.
Original post by Mr.Orange
I am enormously struggling to see what exactly a portfolio for Film and Television course need to contain.
As the website writes the department is not looking for a film but a show reel of ideas, I'm having confusions on what the show reel's requirements are. And due to the fact that I'm living in a third world country without any artistic expertise around to assist me, I'm having serious troubles in understanding the content of the portfolio by myself.

What needs to be in there? Do they want any sketchbooks along with the show reel? And Why the hell can't I find any examples on google and not even on Youtube??? Atleast ONE example or guideline would be do me so much.

PLEASE HELP.

Generally they want to see your creativity and your potential, so at first begin to use all your imagination and just begin to create one. Often it is less important to show professionalism, than to show that you have talent and actual ideas. And for the compulsory content, I would advise you to contact the admission office directly, as it can differ from course to course, what they expect.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Snippets of various pop-culture references? Iconic locations? Genre mish-mash? Selection of charismatic dramatis personae?
Reply 3
Original post by Nathanielle
Generally they want to see your creativity and your potential, so at first begin to use all your imagination and just begin to create one. Often it is less important to show professionalism, than to show that you have talent and actual ideas. And for the compulsory content, I would advise you to contact the admission office directly, as it can differ from course to course, what they expect.

Thank you so much! I thought that was what they wanted but I needed some kind of verification to proceed.
Again, thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Snippets of various pop-culture references? Iconic locations? Genre mish-mash? Selection of charismatic dramatis personae?

Even though this may sound confusong but it does give me a clear idea on what to put on my portfolio.
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending