The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've just been invited to the telephone interview with CS, has anyone done one yet? Was it mostly competencies questions or mostly financial? I'm an engineering student so my 'technical' knowledge isn't amazing. Thanks!
Hi! New to this thread, applying to my last spring week. Was doing a bit of practice and came across this question?
It is cannot say, right?

Thanks a lot guys! Hope everyone gets at least one offer!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Adam.TTT
Hi! New to this thread, applying to my last spring week. Was doing a bit of practice and came across this question?
It cannot say, right?

Thanks a lot guys! Hope everyone gets at least one offer!

Isn't it 12.9p?
Original post by Drossell
Isn't it 12.9p?

Ah yes, i understand now, thanks very much! simple ratios.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cookie_m14
I've just been invited to the telephone interview with CS, has anyone done one yet? Was it mostly competencies questions or mostly financial? I'm an engineering student so my 'technical' knowledge isn't amazing. Thanks!

considering you have an engineering backround, expect motivation, competency, current affairs and possible maths brainteaser questions
Reply 3105
Original post by Cookie_m14

When did you apply?
Anyone have the email for BAML?
Can someone send me the link to the FB page for those with BAML offers please?

Also, did anyone successfully manage to move their BAML offer for spring to summer? RBS said that I passed their telephone interview but the weeks clash :/
Reply 3108
Original post by President M.E.
Anyone have the email for BAML?

I will PM you. Also, do you think CS is a lost cause at this stage?

Original post by sophieeeeeeee
Can someone send me the link to the FB page for those with BAML offers please?

Also, did anyone successfully manage to move their BAML offer for spring to summer? RBS said that I passed their telephone interview but the weeks clash :/

PM me and I'll link you.

Apparently they're quite flexible, although I'm not sure. I'll ask for a move if I get another offer.
Hey. I just got an invite for the LSE AIC (Alternative Investment Conference). I was told it's really good. Entrance ratio is 5.5%.

Did any of you guys get in? It's a thing about PE and HF. I received the mail toady + invite to a Delegates Dinner. Might as well not go alone (even though tickets are really expensive, £119 for a ticket + £39 for dinner (was told ticket cost was £69 in 2010/2011 so it definitely got better.. Hopefully)).

Hit me with a pm or just mention me here. See you around. Hope everything's well with spring weeks as well.
Original post by solaars
Hey. I just got an invite for the LSE AIC (Alternative Investment Conference). I was told it's really good. Entrance ratio is 5.5%.

Did any of you guys get in? It's a thing about PE and HF. I received the mail toady + invite to a Delegates Dinner. Might as well not go alone (even though tickets are really expensive, £119 for a ticket + £39 for dinner (was told ticket cost was £69 in 2010/2011 so it definitely got better.. Hopefully)).

Hit me with a pm or just mention me here. See you around. Hope everything's well with spring weeks as well.

Trust me they were taking anyone on when they were promoting it on campus, it was more about cost than anything.

It seems really good though
Original post by President M.E.
Trust me they were taking anyone on when they were promoting it on campus, it was more about cost than anything.

It seems really good though

Good to know. Cause they were waving the "6,300 applications from students of more than 70 countries around the world, for the 350 places" in the mail I got.

I'm thinking of going yeah.. I'll ask ppl in the industry to tell me whether it's worth it or not.
Original post by solaars
Good to know. Cause they were waving the "6,300 applications from students of more than 70 countries around the world, for the 350 places" in the mail I got.

I'm thinking of going yeah.. I'll ask ppl in the industry to tell me whether it's worth it or not.

When did you get the invitation? I also susubmitted an application and so far I've been successful at them all so I don't know whether I just haven't received my invite yet or I was unsuccessful. I wish things like this had the courtesy to send out rejection emails too
Does Citi scope/citi female programme fast track students to an ac for summer or is it just quest?
Are Rothschild rolling?
Original post by MathsNerd1
When did you get the invitation? I also susubmitted an application and so far I've been successful at them all so I don't know whether I just haven't received my invite yet or I was unsuccessful. I wish things like this had the courtesy to send out rejection emails too

Applied really closed to the date apps opened up. Would say a week or so.
I agree on the late part.

Don't forget that this is different from spring weeks. You're not in competition with other first year but also with ppl in other years - some of them already proved themselves with spring, summer, even job offer. I think it's on another level.

Does anyone know it they still hold the "private dinner" ?
Original post by solaars
Applied really closed to the date apps opened up. Would say a week or so.
I agree on the late part.

Don't forget that this is different from spring weeks. You're not in competition with other first year but also with ppl in other years - some of them already proved themselves with spring, summer, even job offer. I think it's on another level.

Does anyone know it they still hold the "private dinner" ?

What's your profile like, just so I know what gets you a place.
Reply 3117
Original post by studentgirl22
Are Rothschild rolling?

Nope.
Original post by CD315
Nope.

Is their process just CV and CL?

Edit: I meant application form
Just so I don't make a mistake in submitting my application for Lazard, should the Cover Letter only answer the two questions asked, or should it also include the standard stuff as well?

Latest

Trending

Trending