The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone,

After a long wait, I have been successful on e-tray selection stage and awaiting invitation for FSAC.

What phases at FSAC are involved in selection process?
Congrats! That's nice to hear.. :smile:

The FSAC info booklet is now available on the portal.
Maps & Forms > Download Forms > FSAC Guide.

It should answer most of your queries!

Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad

Hi everyone,

After a long wait, I have been successful on e-tray selection stage and awaiting invitation for FSAC.

What phases at FSAC are involved in selection process?
I just emailed to ask about my FSAC results.

I'm in the amber band. Guess it's going to a nerve wrecking wait.
Original post by kat.lev
Congrats! That's nice to hear.. :smile:

The FSAC info booklet is now available on the portal.
Maps & Forms > Download Forms > FSAC Guide.

It should answer most of your queries!

Thanks!

I wish you best of luck with your selection results!
Unsuccessful at the e-tray. Merry Christmas.
Reply 1525
Original post by LS24
Congratulations :smile:! I have my AC on 2nd Feb. I was just wondering, did you come away from the day feeling confident that it had gone well? Also, did you feel that the exercises went similarly well to one another?

Thanks! I left feeling it was an absolute disaster but also that I couldn't have performed any better. I found the leadership exercise the toughest, make sure you read all the information they give you for this one even though you'll probably have to just skim through it.

So: good luck in Feb and don't panic, most of the competencies are assessed in more than one task so there are opportunities to pick up points! (And do know what the CS competencies are and what they involve).

On a separate note: had anyone successful at FSAC been contacted by a department yet? Or maybe someone remembers from previous threads at what point approximately it used to happen in the past?
(edited 9 years ago)
If it's anything like DaT was last year you don't get contacted by a department. You will get contacted by someone in HR responsible for your scheme.

I got my almost definite placement details in July. They are supposed to give 8 weeks notice (I.e. before the beginning of September or October) if you will be required to move.
Reply 1527
Original post by GManTheGMan
If it's anything like DaT was last year you don't get contacted by a department. You will get contacted by someone in HR responsible for your scheme.

I got my almost definite placement details in July. They are supposed to give 8 weeks notice (I.e. before the beginning of September or October) if you will be required to move.

Thanks for the reply. Isn't July a bit late if they also want us to fill in pre appointment checks forms asap? I mean I'm not sure if I'll accept the offer as it depends on the department I get (I'm on analytical stream)...
just found out i passed my etray and am so happy and surprised!! just wondering how long people generally waited for "awaiting invitation" (or whatever it says) to change and to recieve an actual invite and date? also how is this done, via the messages on the webiste? thanks xxx
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lilys
Thanks for the reply. Isn't July a bit late if they also want us to fill in pre appointment checks forms asap? I mean I'm not sure if I'll accept the offer as it depends on the department I get (I'm on analytical stream)...

I don't have any specific advice on the Analytical stream. I suggest you ask on the Facebook group on or after the 5th of January.
I attended the FSAC on the 17th Dec, it's been a week now and still not had the results.

How long does it usually take?
Reply 1531
Original post by lilys

Are others still waiting to receive the parts of the checks we get posted - the disclosure check etc. to send them all away together? Also, is there a cut off date for posting this? Thanks x
Original post by ailss
Are others still waiting to receive the parts of the checks we get posted - the disclosure check etc. to send them all away together? Also, is there a cut off date for posting this? Thanks x

I took about 10 days to get all of the bits together to send off. I've just had confirmation back that I've passed disclosure and my old employer's reference has come through.
So, as far as I'm aware that's all hoops jumped through and now I'm just awaiting details of placement in the new year.
Merry Christmas guys! Found out I passed my Etray :biggrin: but I have an orientation session;,though they didn't state the dress code so I was wondering if anybody could tell me from personal experience??
Personal opinion: dress for a job interview.
Thanks! Just find it weird that they stated the dress code for my E-tray exam but not for this. =/
Technically it probably doesn't matter as you're not being assessed but i just find it puts me in the right frame of mind.
Original post by GManTheGMan
Technically it probably doesn't matter as you're not being assessed but i just find it puts me in the right frame of mind.

It probably has to do more with your own reactions - remember that you'll be there for 8+ hours so you should aim for the right balance for looking smart/professional AND being comfortable.
I hope the orientation session isn't 8 hours long!
It isn't 8 hours long its only perhaps 1hr or a bit more :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending