The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ki Yung Na
Nice! CompSci's cool! When did you guys send your application and have you hear back yet?

Nope. They received my application not even a week ago, but I'm still itching for an offer lol
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Interview for comp sci! Yeeesssss!
Original post by borysek01

Yay!
Original post by borysek01

Congrats! How long did it take to hear back from them?
Original post by Schrode
Congrats! How long did it take to hear back from them?

Roughly 3 weeks.
Original post by Tai Ga
Nope. They received my application not even a week ago, but I'm still itching for an offer lol

Me too, did you receive an email today about admissions being closed? Today till the 5 of Jan. We've even longer to wait now!

Edit: I was referring to Liverpool lol, never mind! But considering Swansea said the same maybe Manchester will do so too?
Manchester emailed me back with my ID number!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
Manchester emailed me back with my ID number!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's that for?
What's that for?

Accommodation and just general information, I think.
Accommodation and just general information, I think.

oh right, I haven't even received an offer yet - well done to you! I take it you'll firm Manchester? What course? :wink:
oh right, I haven't even received an offer yet - well done to you! I take it you'll firm Manchester? What course? :wink:

I firmed it last week! :biggrin: I'll be doing Ancient History. What about you?
I firmed it last week! :biggrin: I'll be doing Ancient History. What about you?

Nice! I don't know yet, I applied for Physics with a foundation year. What's your offer? :smile:
Nice! I don't know yet, I applied for Physics with a foundation year. What's your offer? :smile:

Wow. I've never studied physics. It seems intense. My offer unconditional because I'm not in school and I'm an international student.
Wow. I've never studied physics. It seems intense. My offer unconditional because I'm not in school and I'm an international student.

My friends who are doing it at uni say it is intense stuff but it should be worth it! I asked the question but went onto your profile and it answered it for me. :smile: That's really cool btw, a mature international student from the USA, what makes you want to cross the Atlantic to study in the UK and not Italy?! I had a quick glance at your blog entry. :wink:
Got an offer a few days ago! Has anyone else applied for international business? I haven't seen the uni yet so any comments on it would be appreciated and what's the accomodation like?
My friends who are doing it at uni say it is intense stuff but it should be worth it! I asked the question but went onto your profile and it answered it for me. :smile: That's really cool btw, a mature international student from the USA, what makes you want to cross the Atlantic to study in the UK and not Italy?! I had a quick glance at your blog entry. :wink:

Haha. Well I've always loved the UK. I was going to apply to some American universities in Italy but I've never enjoyed the university system we use. So I randomly began looking at studying in the UK and it just seemed ideal. I have nothing to really tie me down, so I figure why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha. Well I've always loved the UK. I was going to apply to some American universities in Italy but I've never enjoyed the university system we use. So I randomly began looking at studying in the UK and it just seemed ideal. I have nothing to really tie me down, so I figure why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the outlook! You must be really excited, you're practically guaranteed to be in Manchester next year doing something you really enjoy! I take it you've visit the UK before then? Manchester too?
I like the outlook! You must be really excited, you're practically guaranteed to be in Manchester next year doing something you really enjoy! I take it you've visit the UK before then? Manchester too?

I can't even describe how happy I am. This is by far the best thing to ever happen to me. I have been to the UK, but not Manchester. I would love to visit but it's just so expensive and I need to save my money for university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I am a 2015 non conditional offer holder so I am pretty bloody happy. I was meant to start back in September on my Life Sciences Foundation Degree(was meant to do Biochem but my Chem A2 was a disaster, a lot of pre-existing factors at the time screwed my head up completely but thats not the point) but some medical issues as a result of a surgery I had back in June meant I had to leave, it was difficult to care for myself because of it. I am now more determined than ever to make it count when I finally return in 2015. I'll be amongst a younger cohort than myself(I'll be 19, I'll be ancient husk) but I'm really looking forward to coming back, the 4 days I was there were pretty good
Original post by marco14196
Well I am a 2015 non conditional offer holder so I am pretty bloody happy. I was meant to start back in September on my Life Sciences Foundation Degree(was meant to do Biochem but my Chem A2 was a disaster, a lot of pre-existing factors at the time screwed my head up completely but thats not the point) but some medical issues as a result of a surgery I had back in June meant I had to leave, it was difficult to care for myself because of it. I am now more determined than ever to make it count when I finally return in 2015. I'll be amongst a younger cohort than myself(I'll be 19, I'll be ancient husk) but I'm really looking forward to coming back, the 4 days I was there were pretty good

I'll be 28 by the time classes begin...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending