The Student Room Group

Rank your IB subjects, from favourite to least favourite

Don't think someone has already posted this, apologies if they have :colondollar:

Mine:

Biology <- favourite
Maths
Geography
French
English
Computer Science <- least favourite

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Physics - favourite
Math
Spanish
Film
English
Geography - least favourite
Reply 2
Physics <- favourite (enjoy learning new concepts in physics because it changes my perception of the natural world)
Geography
Mathematics
Chemistry
English Literature
Arabic <- least favourite
I wish I did IB!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Edminzodo
I wish I did IB!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you do A-Level or Scottish Highers? What your subject choices out of interest? :smile:
Reply 5
I wish I did IB!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolz:

Many of us would probably have you think twice about that haha. It's great in the long-run, but only after turning you into a vegetable . :lolz:
Original post by Schrode

Many of us would probably have you think twice about that haha. It's great in the long-run, but only after turning you into a vegetable . :lolz:

What is IB? Is it a harder version of A levels?
Reply 7
Original post by Akbar1
Physics <- favourite (enjoy learning new concepts in physics because it changes my perception of the natural world)
Geography
Mathematics
Chemistry
English Literature
Arabic <- least favourite

Do you (and the person who said physics before you, sorry, because of my browser format I can't see your posts at the moment) do HL or SL Physics? And do you do Maths and Eng Lit HL or SL? Sorry- I'm a Y11 choosing my IB subjects and I want to do HL Maths and Physics but I'm a little bit scared of their reputations... Thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by I Procrastinate
What is IB? Is it a harder version of A levels?

Yes, as far as I heard IB is much harder than A-levels.

Original post by Romula
Do you (and the person who said physics before you, sorry, because of my browser format I can't see your posts at the moment) do HL or SL Physics? And do you do Maths and Eng Lit HL or SL? Sorry- I'm a Y11 choosing my IB subjects and I want to do HL Maths and Physics but I'm a little bit scared of their reputations... Thanks!

I do Physics HL, Math HL, Eng Lang&Lit SL. Math HL is a real pain. Physics is easy at the beginning and then it becomes a pain too, but not as painful as Math HL.
Global Politics ----- Most Fav :smile:
Literature
Economics
Maths
Spanish
Biology ----- Least Fav:frown:
Original post by Akbar1
Do you do A-Level or Scottish Highers? What your subject choices out of interest? :smile:

I do Economics, History and Japanese A-Level, and English Literature Pre-U.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Schrode

Really? Why? It would mean that I'd get to do all of the subjects I wanted to take!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? Why? It would mean that I'd get to do all of the subjects I wanted to take!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Besides those you get extra assessments like the extended essay, tok essay and presentation, Internal Assessments for each subject...it's tough. I really cannot wait to be done with it and I'm sure everyone who takes IB knows the feeling.
Reply 13
Original post by Romula

My Subjects:
Physics HL
Chemistry HL
Geography HL
Arabic B SL
English Literature A1 SL
Mathematics SL
Reply 14
Original post by Akbar1
My Subjects:
Physics HL
Chemistry HL
Geography HL
Arabic B SL
English Literature A1 SL
Mathematics SL

Oh, cool! What are your plans uni-course-wise?
Reply 15
Original post by Romula
Oh, cool! What are your plans uni-course-wise?

Hopefully Computing Science!
Reply 16
Original post by Akbar1

That's great! I'm thinking of experimental psychology/behavioural sciences myself, though I'm quite a way off applying (I'm doing HL Maths, Physics and History next year- unis want two science and I much prefer physics to two years of plant biology and ecology) but I've been doing a lot of research into computing, it looks really interesting... don't most unis require Higher Maths for it though?

Good luck with everything and Merry Xmas!
Original post by Akbar1

Me too!! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Romula
That's great! I'm thinking of experimental psychology/behavioural sciences myself, though I'm quite a way off applying (I'm doing HL Maths, Physics and History next year- unis want two science and I much prefer physics to two years of plant biology and ecology) but I've been doing a lot of research into computing, it looks really interesting... don't most unis require Higher Maths for it though?

Good luck with everything and Merry Xmas!

Some universities do want HL Maths for Computing Science, however, some universities (especially in my case) also accept science related subjects (i.e. geography, physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, etc.) and regard SL Maths (to some degree) as the closest alternative to A-Level Maths.

Got 3 offers from Glasgow, Nottingham and Queen Mary if you are interested.

Original post by Schrode
Me too!! :smile:

:eek: Nice to meet you! Where do you aspire to study?
Original post by Akbar1
:eek: Nice to meet you! Where do you aspire to study?

Likewise :tongue: I applied to Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Bath. I still don't know whether Manchester or Bristol will be my first choice though. What about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending