The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by madagascar
OMG just been offered a place at Cardiff Met!!! So HAPPY! YAY!!! :biggrin::smile::biggrin:

YEYYY!! Well done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
YEYYY!! Well done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Butterfly9595
Gutted for you :frown: even if it's not the course you want, you must have at least some qualities that they were looking for to give you a place :smile: fingers crossed for you - which other unis are you waiting on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry haven't been on here in ages! I guess, though its not funded so not much help :frown: Got an interview at UEA and Marjon, not heard back from City yet...
But I just got an offer from Cardiff Met! <3 <3
Original post by tcrj
Just to let any one know that hasn't been offered a place for Speech and Language therapy at Reading, they have been really helpful in telling me what areas i could have improved. Just email [email protected] and address it to Mrs Lesley Heaton. They email back quickly and are quite detailed in their reply. Hope this helps anyone.

Readings reply to me was great when I asked for points to improve on, I'd certainly recommend it :smile:
Original post by soufflekitty
Sorry haven't been on here in ages! I guess, though its not funded so not much help :frown: Got an interview at UEA and Marjon, not heard back from City yet...
But I just got an offer from Cardiff Met! <3 <3

Congrats on your offer from Cardiff - I have been offered a place there too so might see you there!
Congrats to everyone who has had offers over the last few days - great Christmas present!

To those who haven't heard anything yet - hang tough - I feel your pain cos that was me last year. It will happen so just be patient (easier said than done I know lol).

To all - MERRY CHRISTMAS and a successful New Year xx
Congrats on your offer from Cardiff - I have been offered a place there too so might see you there!

I had never considered them as my firm, but since getting rejected from the slt course at Reading I'm seriously considering it, so might definitely see you there :smile::biggrin:
Has anyone heard back from City yet?? :confused:
I have had an email from leeds to say I have been invited for an interview and they will send out a date in late January :smile:
Has anyone else been given an interview for Leeds? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 770
Original post by amypewwy
Has anyone else been given an interview for Leeds? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

No... I'm hoping I'm going to get one through... I'm so scared now some people have got one... Maybe they're not going to give me one coz I haven't heard anything yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 771
Original post by nesca89
I have had an email from leeds to say I have been invited for an interview and they will send out a date in late January :smile:

YEYYY! Well done.. When did you apply for Leeds? I sent mine off at the end of September and haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 772
Just checked, it was actually mid October I applied... So maybe I'll be in the second batch of interviews 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nesca89

Brilliant well done that is fantastic news for you! Did it come through today? Lush Christmas present! :biggrin:
Original post by Higlet
YEYYY! Well done.. When did you apply for Leeds? I sent mine off at the end of September and haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I sent mine off in September so I'm sure they will invite you soon :smile:

Brilliant well done that is fantastic news for you! Did it come through today? Lush Christmas present! :biggrin:

Thank you, yes it came through today. An offer would have been a better Christmas present but I can't grumble :tongue:
Seasons Greetings to all and best of luck for the coming year.
Hi guys, congratulations on interviews and offers!
Haven't posted in a while but a lot has happened, had my MMU, Mancheter and Newcastle interviews, all went well and met some lovely people :smile:

Still haven't heard anything off Sheffield :/ got rejected off DMU, emailed them asking why and 2 and a half weeks later they reply saying "lack of insight and no evidence of wider reading"....except I've written an Extended Project dissertation that's taken a year, with lots of extensive reading of articles and NHS proposals and various other sources! So a bit strange aha!

Ah well though, the best Christmas present has been given to me in the form of an offer from Newcastle University a week after my interview!! :biggrin: it's my top choice and I am thrilled, what a fab Christmas present :3

So yeah, thought I'd just give a bit of an update, hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and a happy successful new year!
Xx
Reply 777
Original post by Ellice97
Hi guys, congratulations on interviews and offers!
Haven't posted in a while but a lot has happened, had my MMU, Mancheter and Newcastle interviews, all went well and met some lovely people :smile:

Still haven't heard anything off Sheffield :/ got rejected off DMU, emailed them asking why and 2 and a half weeks later they reply saying "lack of insight and no evidence of wider reading"....except I've written an Extended Project dissertation that's taken a year, with lots of extensive reading of articles and NHS proposals and various other sources! So a bit strange aha!

Ah well though, the best Christmas present has been given to me in the form of an offer from Newcastle University a week after my interview!! :biggrin: it's my top choice and I am thrilled, what a fab Christmas present :3

So yeah, thought I'd just give a bit of an update, hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and a happy successful new year!
Xx

Well done!!!! That's awesome!!! So happy for you! Don't worry about DMU, some unis have a really specific type of person in mind and well hey, Newcastle was your first choice anyway!! Congrats!
Have a fab Christmas 🎄🎅😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Merry Christmas everyone! And all the best for a happy new year and good luck with all your applications and interviews 🎄❄️🎁🎅🌟⛄️😊
Original post by Ellice97
"lack of insight and no evidence of wider reading"

Just out of interest, what have people read as part of their 'wider reading'?

Quick Reply

Latest