The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DavidMonk
ICAP want cover letter, (numerical test I'm guessing) and an assessment centre? all for a summer "insight" week anyone else going for this? you reckon it's worth applying for it now (is it late?, despite their deadline in january) how far have people got with ICAP? any advice? soooo lost in life :colondollar:

CV/CL

> AC invite (numerical/trade simulation, presentation, HR interview)

> Offer/Rejection

I recieved a post AC rejection.

Whether it's still worth applying, I would assume not. Although, I'm not particularly sure.
Original post by mikiu15
Firstly the rings height seems to change in couples so the first two were up top and second two were down at the bottom. From that I suspect that the ring should be at the top so that rules out C. Then it looks like the x position of the ring seems to be the inverse of the one before so that cancels A. And to me it looks like a pendulum so the logical choice would be D however this is only a guess.

Thanks bro!
Hi guys,

I go to Loughborough University Business School, got AAB in my A Levels, and am on track for a 1st in my degree which is business but heavily tailored towards maths and finance.

I appreciate my chance is slim of getting an offer back from some of the spring weeks I applied to but just how slim is it?

Thanks
Original post by Lily_07
Hi guys,

I go to Loughborough University Business School, got AAB in my A Levels, and am on track for a 1st in my degree which is business but heavily tailored towards maths and finance.

I appreciate my chance is slim of getting an offer back from some of the spring weeks I applied to but just how slim is it?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure I replied a while back.

L'boro decent university.. Places okayish for a non-target. A levels are average... might be a hinderance due to lack of uni strength.

What's your profile?

Past experiences / ECs / noticeable achievements?
BlackRock numerical invite
Investments fixed Income
Applied on 14/12/14

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonynous
I'm pretty sure I replied a while back.

L'boro decent university.. Places okayish for a non-target. A levels are average... might be a hinderance due to lack of uni strength.

What's your profile?

Past experiences / ECs / noticeable achievements?

Thanks for the help, I only just created this account though.
In terms of past experience, I have done a social media strategy and business plan for a company, had several accounting/administrative roles and interned at IBM a few years ago.
In terms of extra-curricular, played for various sports teams, member of a few business and finance societies at university.
Done some volunteering as well.
Original post by Lily_07
Thanks for the help, I only just created this account though.
In terms of past experience, I have done a social media strategy and business plan for a company, had several accounting/administrative roles and interned at IBM a few years ago.
In terms of extra-curricular, played for various sports teams, member of a few business and finance societies at university.
Done some volunteering as well.

Should be in with a shot, definitely worth applying.

Good luck!
Original post by claudia775
BlackRock numerical invite
Investments fixed Income
Applied on 14/12/14

You applied a week ago?

I reckon these tests are all automatic invites then.
You applied a week ago?

Yeah it looks like they are done with internships and grad roles and decided to do SW's.
can I have the blackrock link please? cant find it
You applied a week ago?

Yh on the 14th

Posted from TSR Mobile
CV/CL

> AC invite (numerical/trade simulation, presentation, HR interview)

> Offer/Rejection

I recieved a post AC rejection.

Whether it's still worth applying, I would assume not. Although, I'm not particularly sure.

Did you get any feedback from the AC / what was it like? I have mine on the 9th Jan. It seems like most people get AC invites, no?
Original post by JackR7821
Did you get any feedback from the AC / what was it like? I have mine on the 9th Jan. It seems like most people get AC invites, no?

Didn't ask.

Know their business like the back of your hand.
How much does being at a target uni matter? Like every single IB thread says the same thing if you don't go to a target you only have a slim chance...

I go to durham uni and study law soo :/ BUT I did a gap year as a Credit TA at a BB also worked in the summer pre-university in the private banking divisions of two other BBs. In terms of ECs i publish articles on the TMT sector for my university investment fund and another online magazine, I also do legal pro bono scanning contracts. My a levels are A*A*Ab.

If it really does matter about target unis that much I would think my work xp and ECs tilt the odds in my favour?
Reply 3194
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
How much does being at a target uni matter? Like every single IB thread says the same thing if you don't go to a target you only have a slim chance...

I go to durham uni and study law soo :/ BUT I did a gap year as a Credit TA at a BB also worked in the summer pre-university in the private banking divisions of two other BBs. In terms of ECs i publish articles on the TMT sector for my university investment fund and another online magazine, I also do legal pro bono scanning contracts. My a levels are A*A*Ab.

If it really does matter about target unis that much I would think my work xp and ECs tilt the odds in my favour?

I've noticed quite a lot of Durham students (on LinkedIn) with internships at BBs - with your experience, you'll be fine.
If anyone has an offer for the Nomura Women's Programme and might be interested in sharing some accommodation with me (I've booked the Travelodge), feel free to private message :smile:
Original post by Lily_07
Hi guys,

Thanks

Same here you will be more than fine. Which year are you in?
If there is no listed time window to complete online assessments, do you reckon leaving it for a few days is bad??
Reply 3198
Is it still worth applying to Rothschild, Blackrock, or ICAP?
Original post by Hobes1
If there is no listed time window to complete online assessments, do you reckon leaving it for a few days is bad??

No. Just don't leave it for weeks. The earlier you do it, the quicker your application is processed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending