The Student Room Group

AQA Biology BIOL4 - 8th June 2015

Thought a thread for Unit 4 would be good, so here it is. Feel free to share tips and techniques, in preparation for the real thing come June. Best of luck (having said that, if you want to collectively screw this one up to lower the grade boundaries, don't hesitate) :biggrin:

A reminder of the topics:

Photosynthesis
Respiration
Inheritance
Populations
Succession
Nitrogen and Carbon Cycles
Food Webs and Energy Flow

On a side note, these grade boundaries amused me. 39/75 for an A*, seems fair...
Would expect to need another 20 marks on top of that figure for the same grade this year, though
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JUNE10.PDF
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone got a mock for this in January?
Reply 2
Has anyone got the 2014 paper for biol 4 and 5?
Reply 3
Original post by A17890
Has anyone got the 2014 paper for biol 4 and 5?
not sure if anyone has them yet tbh
heeeeellooooooooo :3
Original post by plasmaman

I do! I've not been concentating all term and I've been really busy so I need to start revising XD Do you have any resources perhaps? Is there my GCSE science for A2?
Reply 6
Original post by Blues Clues
I do! I've not been concentating all term and I've been really busy so I need to start revising XD Do you have any resources perhaps? Is there my GCSE science for A2?

Would you be able to send me it please? And I like to make notes from the nelson Thornes book, practise papers and also use heckgrammar notes which are a bit more detailed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, can you send me the jan paper please as well? Thanks :3
Best I have been able to find is an unofficial Mark scheme someone on TSR Made http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2712852

mines on 12th jan :/
Original post by A17890
Would you be able to send me it please? And I like to make notes from the nelson Thornes book, practise papers and also use heckgrammar notes which are a bit more detailed

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you're using the heckgrammar notes I'd suggest cross checking with the book and spec. they were made by my bio teacher and I asked him if we needed to know everything in the notes (in class we use notes not textbook) and he said most of it is for unit 5 essays so its not necesarry for the exams themselves but its worth while learning them - so you dont really need to know most of it. its up to you whether you learn it all or not (our class doesnt't lol)
Reply 11
To be honest I've mainly been using the AQA endorsed textbook. A few past papers in the mix too. I'm not exactly sure what the online resources are like.
What's your favourite/least favourite topic from the unit? I find inheritance the most challenging.
And good luck with the revision! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by 1D - Belieber
mines on 12th jan :/

Have you been doing much revising?
Reply 13
Original post by 1D - Belieber
if you're using the heckgrammar notes I'd suggest cross checking with the book and spec. they were made by my bio teacher and I asked him if we needed to know everything in the notes (in class we use notes not textbook) and he said most of it is for unit 5 essays so its not necesarry for the exams themselves but its worth while learning them - so you dont really need to know most of it. its up to you whether you learn it all or not (our class doesnt't lol)

Oh yeah I figured there was a lot the spec didn't cover so I just use them to understand a topic better if I don't completely get it. And sometimes I refer to there diagrams and tables

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got the 2014 summer bio 4? Thnx
Have you been doing much revising?

yeah but not enough :s-smilie::s-smilie: I got 10 exams over a week so I'm struggling to balance time out :frown:
Thought a thread for Unit 4 would be good, so here it is. This exam is of course the slightly smaller of the two, but a real mixed bag of topics. Feel free to share tips and techniques, in preparation for the real thing come June. Best of luck :biggrin:

Mock first day back from holiday..... I am so ready to fail this...
Why teachers are so mean to us!!!
Reply 17
Original post by DCMed96
Mock first day back from holiday..... I am so ready to fail this...
Why teachers are so mean to us!!!

Don't tell me its a 9:00 Monday job :mad:
Don't tell me its a 9:00 Monday job :mad:

It is 11:10 but it doesnt make any difference.... :mad:
Hmm btw, are you guys doing EMPA or ISA?
I am doing EMPA and apparently it's much harder D:
It was already hard with ISA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending