The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
I heard at game stores every game was sold out but at the end of the sale there was only one game that wasn't, and there was a huge pile of it :tongue: guess which!

And I wonder what Cambridge would think if I insurance'd them :lol: provided I got the offer!

That one is more of an emotional piece, if you watch Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement by the same guy it's faster - and my pro guitar friend says it's the hardest guitar piece he's ever seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Code Geass is the most frustrating show ever, Suzaku's always there to spoil the fun:lol:
Original post by Bude8
I heard at game stores every game was sold out but at the end of the sale there was only one game that wasn't, and there was a huge pile of it :tongue: guess which!

And I wonder what Cambridge would think if I insurance'd them :lol: provided I got the offer!

That one is more of an emotional piece, if you watch Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement by the same guy it's faster - and my pro guitar friend says it's the hardest guitar piece he's ever seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, fifa? Jk

People actually do!

Is hardest subjective?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hahaha, fifa? Jk

People actually do!

Is hardest subjective?

Hardest is subjective to a small extent I think, but it's just that MS 3rd Movement requires immense levels of precision and speed, as well as different techniques

It's obviously harder than say, Frere Jaques :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think my depression is just getting worse again, I can't bring myself to do anything anymore, I'm just sat in my room listening to music and watching TV, I just feel dreadful and I can't change it :frown:
Original post by Tibbz2
I think my depression is just getting worse again, I can't bring myself to do anything anymore, I'm just sat in my room listening to music and watching TV, I just feel dreadful and I can't change it :frown:

Have you tried talking to anyone about it? Do you know what might be causing it?
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Have you tried talking to anyone about it? Do you know what might be causing it?

Yeah I have, I'm on anti-depressants but I'm not really sure they're that effective most the time :/
Holy moly her voice is angelic
[video="youtube;9ryqLibxkyg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ryqLibxkyg[/video]
Guys have a serious dilemma I need help with;

-basically, a while ago I got all my exam dates off the various examboard websites, found out my last exam was to be on 19th june \woop/
-book foo fighters edinburgh date, 23rd june, because my dad lives up there so i could stay with him, super excited to see them etc, queue online for ages and manage to get a ticket for just over £75
-happy as larry
-come into college about three weeks later to get given our "exam timetables"
-start looking and seeing they dont match to ones i got given
-march up to head of maths to question him, he says "these are most updated ones, subject to change"
-get angry because now apparently I have an exam on 22nd june and 24th june (day after foo fighters - plus its a morning exam!!!!)

so its D2 on the 24th, has to be sat at 9.30am asked my head of maths if i could sit it at 1.30pm but he said no chance
i feel very confident i could be hungover and tired as **** and still get an A on D2
would not consider if it was any other exam even like C3 because i need the 90ums but an easy further maths module seems tempting, plus im annoyed that the date got changed anyway - had that been the original date i would never have booked foo fighters obviously
so the earliest flight back to bham is 7am from edinburgh, gets in at 8:15, and it would take me at least half an hour to get to college from bham airport, obviously i need to really be there for like 9:15
so the question is - do I risk it and book the flight and go to see foo fighters on the night and risk missing my exam should i have a flight delay (which i have rarely experienced with flybe, fly a lot to my dads)
or go to see foo fighters since the exam board ****ed my plans up, the worst that could come of this is that I get a B overall in further maths, which means I can still get into insurance choice uni

just want ppls opinions really :P I know what the sensible option is but i wanna see foo fighters so bad and im annoyed at the situation the exam board put me in
Original post by rachelc142
x

Go but just don't get absolutely hammered.

EDIT: Personally I wouldn't go but it seems that you really want to and it's just D2 anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys have a serious dilemma I need help with;

-basically, a while ago I got all my exam dates off the various examboard websites, found out my last exam was to be on 19th june \woop/
-book foo fighters edinburgh date, 23rd june, because my dad lives up there so i could stay with him, super excited to see them etc, queue online for ages and manage to get a ticket for just over £75
-happy as larry
-come into college about three weeks later to get given our "exam timetables"
-start looking and seeing they dont match to ones i got given
-march up to head of maths to question him, he says "these are most updated ones, subject to change"
-get angry because now apparently I have an exam on 22nd june and 24th june (day after foo fighters - plus its a morning exam!!!!)

so its D2 on the 24th, has to be sat at 9.30am asked my head of maths if i could sit it at 1.30pm but he said no chance
i feel very confident i could be hungover and tired as **** and still get an A on D2
would not consider if it was any other exam even like C3 because i need the 90ums but an easy further maths module seems tempting, plus im annoyed that the date got changed anyway - had that been the original date i would never have booked foo fighters obviously
so the earliest flight back to bham is 7am from edinburgh, gets in at 8:15, and it would take me at least half an hour to get to college from bham airport, obviously i need to really be there for like 9:15
so the question is - do I risk it and book the flight and go to see foo fighters on the night and risk missing my exam should i have a flight delay (which i have rarely experienced with flybe, fly a lot to my dads)
or go to see foo fighters since the exam board ****ed my plans up, the worst that could come of this is that I get a B overall in further maths, which means I can still get into insurance choice uni

just want ppls opinions really :P I know what the sensible option is but i wanna see foo fighters so bad and im annoyed at the situation the exam board put me in

dont watch foo fighters the night before your exam mate, sort your priorities out.
Original post by Red Fox
Go but just don't get absolutely hammered.

EDIT: Personally I wouldn't go but it seems that you really want to and it's just D2 anyway.

The only reason I am uneasy is the whole flight delay thing. If it was down the road from me the night before it would be no question!
but yeah. ahhh. I know I could sell it easily too

Original post by jarjarmonkey
dont watch foo fighters the night before your exam mate, sort your priorities out.

'sort your priorities out'
I clearly justified why I would perhaps risk going to the gig
you're saying that like 1)I'm being completely unreasonable when actually i have weighed up the whole situation from all sides and 2) you have a clue about my priorities
The only reason I am uneasy is the whole flight delay thing. If it was down the road from me the night before it would be no question!
but yeah. ahhh. I know I could sell it easily too

'sort your priorities out'
I clearly justified why I would perhaps risk going to the gig
you're saying that like 1)I'm being completely unreasonable when actually i have weighed up the whole situation from all sides and 2) you have a clue about my priorities

Why not just do a different module instead of D2 if you really want to go.

You'll (hopefully) only sit your A2s once but you'll (probably) be able to see Foo Fighters some other time though.
Original post by Red Fox
Why not just do a different module instead of D2 if you really want to go.

You'll (hopefully) only sit your A2s once but you'll (probably) be able to see Foo Fighters some other time though.

school don't let us choose our modules for further maths :frown:

yeah thats true! thanks.

I just know that I could never live with myself if I missed an exam XD
school don't let us choose our modules for further maths :frown:

yeah thats true! thanks.

I just know that I could never live with myself if I missed an exam XD

Well you could still do the D2 exam but just do an extra self-taught module as an insurance:tongue:
I've always been curious... How do UK students apply to universities in the states i.e Caltech?

^ I'm assuming you can't use UCAS .*. what would you use instead? :O
Reply 4815
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I've always been curious... How do UK students apply to universities in the states i.e Caltech?

^ I'm assuming you can't use UCAS .*. what would you use instead? :O

I think you apply to the university directly in the US... I'm not sure tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

If I were you, I just wouldn't see Foo Fighters. I know it probably means a lot to you, but there will be other opportunities to see them, there will not be another opportunity to sit your D2 exam, and if you missed the exam you'd kick yourself. I wouldn't risk it.
Tbh if you were ten minutes or so late they would let you sit it anyway.
Original post by Georgiecat
If I were you, I just wouldn't see Foo Fighters. I know it probably means a lot to you, but there will be other opportunities to see them, there will not be another opportunity to sit your D2 exam, and if you missed the exam you'd kick yourself. I wouldn't risk it.

yeah I would make myself ill if I missed the exam XD ahh so frustrated at the circumstances, but at least I know I'll definitely be able to sell the ticket
X

Don't go to the gig. I'm a massive gig fanatic but I would certainly not risk going the day before an exam! Who knows, you could get accidentally punched in the face at the gig and end up in hospital. (Worse case scenario but you know, anything could happen...) I just don't think it's worth the risk. :redface: I doubt you'd be able to get tickets to another of their gigs but if they're coming over in June it's likely they could be doing festivals? :dontknow:

Latest