The Student Room Group

Yet another black male killed in Ferguson.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dodgypirate
As a matter of fact, yes he is lol :biggrin: and his name is Trevor haha

Someone give this guy a ****ing medal.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Someone give this guy a ****ing medal.

It better be solid gold :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
It better be solid gold :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think silver would suit your preference more. The other's are too similar to a dark skin tone.
Reply 63
Why are Ferguson protesters so prone to inciting violence you ask? Well it's simple really, it's a poorer community, they're bored, sick of being "demonized" by us white folk, sick of being victims, sick of our society, trigger happy, jobless, uneducated, brainless .... the list goes on.

I rest my case, you have no idea what hardships police go through and you tell me I have no idea what black people go through. What the **** do you know about hardship anyway lol! Do you live deprived? Do you live without shelter, hot water, food? You sit there on your sorry little ass, typing away how bad it is to be black in a western, free world, and tell me how hard it is to be black?

You're an even bigger joke.

You really just generalised an entire district like that? Are you aware of the sheer amount times white people have incited violence over trivial **** like loosing or winning baseball games? But I never hear this thug laced rhetoric when protests occur in a predominately white area.

The bolded just reeks with irony taking into account everything you've said in this thread.

Considering the lack of responsibility officers are forced to take when they've done something wrong it clearly can't be that hard. You harped on about the so called struggles of officers, and I simply counteracted using your own logic lol. I even made it simple for your puny mind to digest by stating "in your own words". But you obviously hold black american experiences in a lesser regard, despite you being neither black nor american, and I highly doubt you're an american police officer either.

Do you take solace in your own ignorance?
(edited 9 years ago)
I think silver would suit your preference more. The other's are too similar to a dark skin tone.

hahaha brilliant :biggrin: chaaa-uump.
Thanks for the entertainment OP. Truly, you've been great this Xmas eve. Laters man :biggrin:
Thanks for the entertainment OP. Truly, you've been great this Xmas eve. Laters man :biggrin:

LOL yh I'm off to get the last of my xmas pressies.

TSR man :biggrin:
Original post by PrincessAlexis
LOL yh I'm off to get the last of my xmas pressies.

TSR man :biggrin:

True!
Only TSR. Only this place :lol:
Original post by Tai Ga
You really just generalised an entire district like that? Are you aware of the sheer amount times white people have incited violence over trivial **** like loosing or winning baseball games? But I never hear this thug laced rhetoric when protests occur in a predominately white area.

The bolded just reeks with irony taking into account everything you've said in this thread.

Considering the lack of responsibility officers are forced to take when they've done something wrong it clearly can't be that hard. You harped on about the so called struggles of officers, and I simply counteracted using your own logic lol. I even made is simple for your puny mind to digest by stating "in your own words". But you obviously hold black americans experiences in a lesser regard, despite you being neither black nor american, and I highly doubt you're an american police officer either.

Do you take solace in your own ignorance?

Oh the ****ing irony.

It's ****ing hilarious that even though there is concrete evidence this new black guy who got shot was pulling a gun at the officer, you STILL think it's "police brutality".

For all we know we could be wrong about Michael Brown attacking Officer Wilson, but we could also be wrong to assume Michael Brown is innocent ... because that's what you're doing now, assuming police officers have something against blacks.

Does a black officer unlawfully killing a white youth make the news? No. Why? because it won't be sensationalised, riots won't occur and it's a story that doesn't make money. White cop killing black kid evidently does.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of this to and throw about who's right, who's wrong, who's racist and who's not.

Oh no, I insists, thank your and the others for your undying support on this matter. You've given those poor, innocent police officers a brilliant Xmas present - Public Hate. Gratz :smile:
Reply 70
So you think the police officer knowingly that Duggan was unarmed, and in a vulnerable position, somehow would shoot him?

Only certain divisions in the UK police are armed - which makes us so much better at dealing with these types of situation than the Yanks. Bearing that in mind, Central would not send a group of armed police to a arrest a man if they knew he was unarmed.

It's funny, this whole thing was discussed in a Criminology lecture/seminar during my last year at University ...

Whether i think the police officer intentionally murdered him or not isn't really relevant.

A un-armed member of the public was shot dead in broad daylight on a assumption by the shooter he was armed. I'm saying if as a police officer you shoot dead an un-armed member of the public, especially after initially claiming he pulled out a gun and shot at you and you returned fire, then questions need asking.

Whether it was a mistake or not whilst at work i'm held accountable for my mistakes and i believe police officers should be as well, rather than just always being given the benefit of the doubt and never charged for murdering people even if its clear it was un-justified.
Original post by Blaq_widow
Solid evidence because he's a civilian. There was solid evidence of police shooting an unarmed Mark Duggan. Why is the attribution of guilt not the same? Do you see my point?

For the record I disagree with police abusing power outside of the whole race debate, so white/asians included. There have been other occasions where they have gotten away with things the average person wouldn't, simply because they are the law enforcement which is fundamentally wrong and needs to be challenged.

It is not solid evidence because he was a civilian. There is solid evidence because it was all caught on CCTV.
Original post by AstroNandos
But weren't the London riots caused by the police shooting a drug dealer who had a fake firearm and the youths of London used that as an excuses to riot?

Duggan took possession of a BBM Bruni Model 92 handgun (a blank-firing replica of a Beretta 92 converted to fire live rounds), fifteen minutes before he was shot, from Kevin Hutchinson-Foster

does not sound like a fake to me.
Original post by JG1233
Whether i think the police officer intentionally murdered him or not isn't really relevant.

A un-armed member of the public was shot dead in broad daylight on a assumption by the shooter he was armed. I'm saying if as a police officer you shoot dead an un-armed member of the public, especially after initially claiming he pulled out a gun and shot at you and you returned fire, then questions need asking.

Whether it was a mistake or not whilst at work i'm held accountable for my mistakes and i believe police officers should be as well, rather than just always being given the benefit of the doubt and never charged for murdering people even if its clear it was un-justified.

If I had any reasonable belief that a man in front of me was armed and/or about to pull a fire arm at me ... the level of force considered to be used is at my discretion only. Cooperate, and you'll be safe.

Antonio Martin was armed, and had pulled the weapon at the officer. The officer shot 3 shots in self-defence, fearing for his own life AND the lives of the innocent ... I think his use of force was acceptable under the circumstances.

In relation to the Michael Brown case ... the Grand Jury, which had overlooked the evidence for weeks, did not find anything signalling Wilson's guilt in murder ... That's good enough for me.
Reply 74
Oh the ****ing irony.

It's ****ing hilarious that even though there is concrete evidence this new black guy who got shot was pulling a gun at the officer, you STILL think it's "police brutality".

For all we know we could be wrong about Michael Brown attacking Officer Wilson, but we could also be wrong to assume Michael Brown is innocent ... because that's what you're doing now, assuming police officers have something against blacks.

Does a black officer unlawfully killing a white youth make the news? No. Why? because it won't be sensationalised, riots won't occur and it's a story that doesn't make money. White cop killing black kid evidently does.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of this to and throw about who's right, who's wrong, who's racist and who's not.

Where in my argument have I referred to this particular case? :confused: We've been discussing police brutality in general. There is nothing ironic about me pointing out your irony.

Lord, I truly wonder if you're "special". It's seems that the entire point behind these protests have zoomed right past you. No one knows if any of these crimes were hate crimes. But what is evident is that the judicial system is against black americans and police officers are not claiming responsibility for there actions. They'll do anything to protect their own and even expect remorse from the black community when two officers were killed- one of the officers was actually accused of continually harassing a black woman. Where was the remorse for the unarmed black men they killed? I cannot deal with the blantant hypocrisy. I couldn't give a damn why they did what they did, but at least bear the consequences.

You know why we don't hear about it? Because it doesn't happen in the same magnitude in which unarmed black men are killed. Simple as that. Show me the number of unarmed white men being killed by black officers compared to the alternative in recent months. If cops can arrest gun crazy mass shooters or generic killers waving guns at them and children, they can damn well detain an unarmed black kid.

But no, continue to look at the world through your glasses of ignorance.
Original post by Tai Ga
Where in my argument have I referred to this particular case? :confused: We've been discussing police brutality in general. There is nothing ironic about me pointing out your irony.

Lord, I truly wonder if you're "special". It's seems that the entire point behind these protests have zoomed right past you. No one knows if any of these crimes were hate crimes. But what is evident is that the judicial system is against black americans and police officers are not claiming responsibility for there actions. They'll do anything to protect their own and even expect remorse from the black community when two officers were killed- one of the officers was actually accused of continually harassing a black woman. Where was the remorse for the unarmed black men they killed? I cannot deal with the blantant hypocrisy. I couldn't give a damn why they did what they did, but at least bear the consequences.

You know why we don't hear about it? Because it doesn't happen in the same magnitude in which unarmed black men are killed. Simple as that. Show me the number of unarmed white men being killed by black officers compared to the alternative in recent months. If cops can arrest gun crazy mass shooters or generic killers waving guns at them and children, they can damn well detain an unarmed black kid.

But no, continue to look at the world through your glasses of ignorance.

Which 'protests' :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: The ones in which people laid down on the floor peacefully? or the ones in which scum bag opportunistic pricks went around looting innocent business and injuring officers in the line of duty??

'Glasses of ignorance' puahahahahahahaha ... brilliant :biggrin:

Lol so harassing a black woman justifies him being executed.

Lol I'm done. I'm so done hahahahahaaha
Reply 76
If I had any reasonable belief that a man in front of me was armed and/or about to pull a fire arm at me ... the level of force considered to be used is at my discretion only. Cooperate, and you'll be safe.

This is just silly. Unless you see a gun, you can't justify shooting.

Its not at your discretion, a police officer is a public servant, and since the public has decided a police officer can't just murder anyone he doesn't like the look of like your suggesting, then no its not at your discretion.

This made me laugh in a way. A cop can shoot dead whoever he wants as long as he later says "i think hes got a gun". Unless you see a gun, you can't shoot someone dead based on a guess they do.

Antonio Martin was armed, and had pulled the weapon at the officer. The officer shot 3 shots in self-defence, fearing for his own life AND the lives of the innocent ... I think his use of force was acceptable under the circumstances.

In relation to the Michael Brown case ... the Grand Jury, which had overlooked the evidence for weeks, did not find anything signalling Wilson's guilt in murder ... That's good enough for me.

I'm sure that's good enough for you, you've spent most of this thread justifying the murder of civilians by people as long as they are in a police uniform.

Not really looked in depth at the Antonio case, so can't comment. I was replying to your Mark Duggan comments and your suggestion that police should have the license to murder freely.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 77
Which 'protests' :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: The ones in which people laid down on the floor peacefully? or the ones in which scum bag opportunistic pricks went around looting innocent business and injuring officers in the line of duty??

'Glasses of ignorance' puahahahahahahaha ... brilliant :biggrin:

Lol so harassing a black woman justifies him being executed.

Lol I'm done. I'm so done hahahahahaaha

All of them :confused:

Describes you brilliantly doesn't it?

So selling untaxed cigarettes, or playing with a bb gun justifies them being executed?

You really should be. This conversation was obviously out of your depth, hence the lack of coherent rebuttals and generic ramblings.

Merry Christmas :smile: May you have a wonderful, racially progressive time with your unfortunate mixed race wife.
Reply 78
Original post by the bear
Duggan took possession of a BBM Bruni Model 92 handgun (a blank-firing replica of a Beretta 92 converted to fire live rounds), fifteen minutes before he was shot, from Kevin Hutchinson-Foster

does not sound like a fake to me.

But he didn't have it in his possession at the time he was shot, nor did the police have evidence he'd got the gun until after they'd killed him.

Even if he wouldn't have gotten a gun at all and he'd just gone to get his groceries, the police would still have shot him dead.
Original post by Tai Ga
All of them :confused:

Describes you brilliantly doesn't it?

So selling untaxed cigarettes, or playing with a bb gun justifies them being executed?

You really should be. This conversation was obviously out of your depth, hence the lack of coherent rebuttals and generic ramblings.

Merry Christmas :smile: May you have a wonderful, racially progressive time with your unfortunate mixed race wife.

Thank you darling :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending