The Student Room Group

Weird to desire love?

--
(edited 8 years ago)
Carry on with your life. That's all I can say. The moment you start feeling jealous of a lack of partners in your life is the moment you'll do anything to get one i.e. you no longer become yourself, you become a kind of "monster" who needs to fill cravings and thus you become unbearable around others.

(What are you training for btw? You might find a better reward in training than finding a partner)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Carry on with your life. That's all I can say. The moment you start feeling jealous of a lack of partners in your life is the moment you'll do anything to get one i.e. you no longer become yourself, you become a kind of "monster" who needs to fill cravings and thus you become unbearable around others.

(What are you training for btw? You might find a better reward in training than finding a partner)

I never really considered the result of desiring, but to be honest, I'm a realistic guy. I strongly know that I won't turn to desperate measures.. Just weight training and boxing. I have belief in the saying that a strong body = a strong mind, and it is why I have kept control of myself and over this issue. I try hard to just 'carry on' as you say, but I cannot prevent the thoughts. They always occur to me in my free time, especially at night before sleeping or whenever I'm not doing anything.
Original post by Zaryab.
I never really considered the result of desiring, but to be honest, I'm a realistic guy. I strongly know that I won't turn to desperate measures.. Just weight training and boxing. I have belief in the saying that a strong body = a strong mind, and it is why I have kept control of myself and over this issue. I try hard to just 'carry on' as you say, but I cannot prevent the thoughts. They always occur to me in my free time, especially at night before sleeping or whenever I'm not doing anything.

You'll find somebody :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by star80
You'll find somebody :smile:

Haha, thanks :smile:
Nah I don't think, I believe it's human nature to a certain extent. Don't worry about I'm sure you'll find someone one day who feels the same way as you do about them, just don't end up focusing too much on it or compare yourself to other people :smile:
Original post by Zaryab.
Haha, thanks :smile:

I'm 17, go to a sixth form and I know how you feel but because I don't really give a crap about what guys think/say about me. I don't bother. I think you should wait till uni.
The most effective technique I've found is to switch the focus from 'getting love' to 'giving love'. Try it and see what results you get. My money is on you having some pleasant surprises :-)
Reply 8
Original post by Revebjelle
The most effective technique I've found is to switch the focus from 'getting love' to 'giving love'. Try it and see what results you get. My money is on you having some pleasant surprises :-)

Wow, never thought of that either. The only issue with that would be that I don't want to look desperate :/ As society is quick to judge these days.
Reply 9
Original post by star80
I'm 17, go to a sixth form and I know how you feel but because I don't really give a crap about what guys think/say about me. I don't bother. I think you should wait till uni.

Well, you shouldn't at all. It's your life so live it how you want, haha. And yea, a lot of my friends have told me to wait until uni as well.
I struggled to read the rest when I saw you were 17

Your mates don't love their gf and vice versa please...teenage relationships won't last, most dont...I'm betting all but one of your mates relationships will fail when you start uni
Original post by Zaryab.
Wow, never thought of that either. The only issue with that would be that I don't want to look desperate :/ As society is quick to judge these days.

Don't worry about that last bit. Krishnamurti said it's no measure of success, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society! So don't pay too much heed to what 'society' may think. You sound like a decent guy, focused on your training and studies, still young, eager to connect and engage with the world. Just do your thing, look for ways to be kind and gallant in life, be authentic and a genuine, open hearted person. With patience and persistence you are bound to succeed in whatever you set your mind to. The world is full of possibilities. Relax, and focus on giving love rather than getting it :-) all the best!
Reply 12
Original post by Revebjelle
Don't worry about that last bit. Krishnamurti said it's no measure of success, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society! So don't pay too much heed to what 'society' may think. You sound like a decent guy, focused on your training and studies, still young, eager to connect and engage with the world. Just do your thing, look for ways to be kind and gallant in life, be authentic and a genuine, open hearted person. With patience and persistence you are bound to succeed in whatever you set your mind to. The world is full of possibilities. Relax, and focus on giving love rather than getting it :-) all the best!

I am saving this. Thank you so much for such kind and motivating words. I wish you all the best and success in whatever you seek out to do in this world.
Reply 13
Original post by bittr n swt
I struggled to read the rest when I saw you were 17

Your mates don't love their gf and vice versa please...teenage relationships won't last, most dont...I'm betting all but one of your mates relationships will fail when you start uni

Not all of them. Sure, I admit that a few of these relationships don't seem solid, but there are many that I can see of this age that are genuine and appear to be long lasting in my eyes. I'm not judging this from how it looks outside, but how it has changed my friends for the better. How they seem happier, more motivated and in general full of love as they exchange it with their future partners.
Original post by Zaryab.
I am saving this. Thank you so much for such kind and motivating words. I wish you all the best and success in whatever you seek out to do in this world.

Thank you, I wish the same for you in return. I have full confidence that you'll shine. Be happy :-)
Your time will come :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Annabelle-xx
Your time will come :smile:

Original post by Zaryab.
I don't really know how to commence this, but I seem to desire love? I know this is a normal human want, but am I love sick? I seem to grow jealous of my friends that have girlfriends and seem to think that finding that one girl will be a big achievement of my life. I guess the primary reasoning for this is to have someone to basically share and bond my life with. I'm only 17, so I guess people could say that I'm not mature but I believe I am. I do speak to girls in my sixthform, but I don't see 'the one' if you get what I mean. They all seem to be too involved with other boys and such or are just weird. I'm not a lonely guy either.. I've just realised that I lack a lot of love in my life? My family tree is wide spread over Norway, London and Spain! So at home there isn't much talking between the small family I have. Everyone seems to be isolated in their own world, and I'm mainly focused on studies and training, really. Training is the only distraction I have from all of this. I dunno what the purpose of this thread is, lol. Maybe for advice or personal experiences? I dunno. Will appreciate the responses! :smile:

Most people, myself included, feel like this so you're not alone! The time will come :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by strawberrysnow
Most people, myself included, feel like this so you're not alone! The time will come :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're the 6th person to say that now :smile:
Good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this. Thanks for your reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending